Posted to rec.audio.misc,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes
Big Hooters Big Hooters is offline

Default M I`5 Pers ecution , harassm ent at work

"John Williamson" wrote in message

The MI5 poster, his name is Mike Corley, he is an IT professional but alas
he has mental health issues. Here are some details about Mike Corley.
He lives in London, UK. He first began his postings to usenet, BBS, and
forums in 1995, unsurprisingly first to alt.conspiracy.

He has his own website:
http://www.five.org.uk/

"There have been numerous newspaper articles and online thesis
about Mike's postings, this is a BBC article on the subject:"
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/alabaster/A164404

"And amongst many other covers of the Mike Corley phenomenon
there has been a modern opera about this usenet legend:"
http://www.thecorleyconspiracy.com/

The problem is amplified by posters who reply to Mikes X-post floods
without snipping, and without removing the crossposts.
But also Mike Corley sets "follow-up" groups to his MI5 posts, this is
where he hasn't actually posted to a specific group but it's listed as
"follow-up" in the crossposts, the lusers who reply, their posts show
up in groups that Mike wants flooded.
Mike Corley has set uk.misc as follow-up to all his posts, (which I've
removed) it gets flooded with the replies, and of course your X-posting.
Mike Corley has been doing this since 1995, and he knows what he is doing,
he avoids killfiles/plonk/block by morphing and using pay-as-you-go dial-up.
Filters rarely have an effect as in this example, if you set the criteria as
"MI_5", then the flood morph to "MIfive" or whatever. He dosen't post
via google dispite the headers, nor are the email addies valid, he dances
bewteen proxy servers such as altopia etc, filtering has no effect.
The simple rule with Mike Corley floods is to ignore and not to reply.
Mike will take his medication and eventually stop.....until the next time.
But if lusers do the foolish and reply/x-post/fail-to-snip, then Mike Corley
sticks around.

Posted to rec.audio.misc,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes

"Big Hooters" wrote ...

"John Williamson" wrote in message

The MI5 poster, his name is Mike Corley, he is an IT professional but
alas
he has mental health issues. Here are some details about Mike Corley.
He lives in London, UK. He first began his postings to usenet, BBS,
and
forums in 1995, unsurprisingly first to alt.conspiracy.

Maybe we can put him in touch with Brian McCarty and they
can scam and jive each other (and leave the rest of us along). :-)