concord

Default Kenwood KVT-910DVD vs. Kenwood KVT-911DVD navigation

I have a KVT-910DVD (older) which boots up saying software 2000 but
has much better functionality than the newer KTV-911DVD model. The
newer model displays software dated 2002.

Both units are aftermarket installs.

The old unit is mounted in a Hummer H2. When it's powered on the
navigation portion locks onto my location and displays a map. After
inputting my destination it calculates the route and tells me exactly
where stop signs are, changes and displays road signs, it even alerts
me when I need to turn around.

The newer unit is mounted in a 45' Prevost bus. When it's powered on
the navigation portion locks onto my location but the map displayed
seems to rotate clockwise past my correct orientation and then
counterclockwise past my orientation over and over until the bus
begins to more forward. Like the other unit, it will provide a route
on-screen, but unlike the other unit, it doesn't alert me of
appoaching stop signs or upcoming turns. It never displays roadsigns
on screen like the other one does and if I go past the route it just
doesn't even care.

Can anyone (a kenwood employee or authorized installer?) tell me if
maybe I'm missing a piece somewhere on the bus. A few months ago a
unit was instaled on one of the axles of the bus (speed sensor?) but
it's had no positive effect to date.

Is the software just not as sensitive? Is the newer unit missing a
GPS thingy or something? Any ideas or pointers would be greatly
appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

- Frank
crodriguez

Frank..

The second nav in the bus doesnt see a
correct VSS wire. Please take it back to a
Kenwood Dealer and have then find a correct
VSS AND they need to reset the nav.

I have seen it before many times.

m...