Semi Head

Default Toyota A16403 Car Stereo DEAD

Hello! This is my first post & request from the audio experts regulars
here in this ng.

I read that this unit from a 91 Toyota Camry (Toyota A16403 Car Stereo)
was "recalled for safety reason" but i can not find what is wrong with
the unit.

My A16403 stereo radio/cassette unit has not worked since i bought the
car 2 years ago & the pervious owners said it was broken for a long time
before hand.

So since i'm not the original car owner, i doubt i can take it to a
Toyota dealership for repair. Plus, i think, the recall, has long been
competed by the manufacture..
So...
Can you tell me what parts are defective on this unit?
Or can you tell me where i can buy a cheap working used unit that will
fit in a 91 Toyota Camry LX?

Any info would be welcomed.

S_H

Rob Beech

if i remember rightly. theres nothing special about the wiring in this car.
and nothing different about the radio size. (correct me if i'm wrong) so any
radio cassette or cd player would fit ok and can be bought from just about
anywhere.
If i am mistaken and its a 2DIN or 1.5DIN sized radio you can get "adaptors"
which are bascially a bit of plastic to convert the radio size.
"Semi Head" wrote in message
[...]

Pooh Bear

Semi Head wrote:

Hello! This is my first post & request from the audio experts regulars
here in this ng.

I read that this unit from a 91 Toyota Camry (Toyota A16403 Car Stereo)
was "recalled for safety reason" but i can not find what is wrong with
the unit.

My A16403 stereo radio/cassette unit has not worked since i bought the
car 2 years ago & the pervious owners said it was broken for a long time
before hand.

Throw it away and replace it ! It's 13 yrs old for heavens sake ! That kind
of stuff isn't made for servicing.

Graham

Dead Bose stereo Seth Ness Car Audio 13 February 29th 04 02:58 PM
Story of the poor car stereo Eddie Runner Car Audio 3 January 30th 04 04:52 PM
Dead Bose stereo update Seth Ness Car Audio 4 December 1st 03 08:09 PM
Need Help With Car Stereo - Sable Wagon AlgaMAN [EChMotor#900] Car Audio 0 August 2nd 03 03:40 AM
Pioneer DEH-1500 - Clear reception, limited FM Stereo news.newshosting.com Car Audio 4 August 2nd 03 03:01 AM