Mark Zarella

Default high preout voltage usb sound card?

Anyone know of any soundcards with a high preout voltage? 4v and up. It
must have a USB interface. At least one analog input. The more analog
outputs the better.
Richard Crowley

"Mark Zarella" wrote ...
Anyone know of any soundcards with a high preout voltage?
4v and up. It must have a USB interface. At least one analog
input. The more analog outputs the better.

Seems pretty unlikely. 4v is higher even than professional
line levels. Why do you think you need such a thing?

MZ

Anyone know of any soundcards with a high preout voltage?
4v and up. It must have a USB interface. At least one analog
input. The more analog outputs the better.

Seems pretty unlikely. 4v is higher even than professional
line levels. Why do you think you need such a thing?

Car application. I use a somewhat older subwoofer amplifier and it's tough
to get it to full output even with the gain setting all the way up.

Richard Crowley

"MZ" wrote ...
Anyone know of any soundcards with a high preout voltage?
4v and up. It must have a USB interface. At least one analog
input. The more analog outputs the better.

Seems pretty unlikely. 4v is higher even than professional
line levels. Why do you think you need such a thing?

Car application. I use a somewhat older subwoofer amplifier and it's
tough
to get it to full output even with the gain setting all the way up.

Shouldn't be that difficult to find a little line amp that runs on 12v.
Sounds like your subwoofer amp wants speaker level inputs.
You could find a pair of USB computer speakers and use the
amplifiers to drive your subwoofer amp.

Laurence Payne

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 23:48:18 -0400, "MZ"
wrote:

Seems pretty unlikely. 4v is higher even than professional
line levels. Why do you think you need such a thing?

Car application. I use a somewhat older subwoofer amplifier and it's tough
to get it to full output even with the gain setting all the way up.

Is the amp expecting a feed tapped off a speaker output? Can't you
give it one? What's playing the mids and top of your car system?

MZ

Car application. I use a somewhat older subwoofer amplifier and it's
tough
to get it to full output even with the gain setting all the way up.

Is the amp expecting a feed tapped off a speaker output?

No. But 1v is too little to drive it adequately, especially on "quiet"
recordings.

Can't you
give it one? What's playing the mids and top of your car system?

Different amps. 1v may be too low for them as well. I don't know. Keep in
mind that the gain adjustments on car amplifiers tend to go down to 0.5v as
a minimum, with ~1v being more common. So to reach maximum output the
recording basically has to be close to 0dB. And with a lot of filtering
going on at the input (the amps are driving subs, woofers, mids, and
tweeters, all from independent channels), it drops the signal even more.