kyle lallave

Default subwoofers

hey right now i have 2 12 in dony xplod subwoofers and the other day i heard
my freinds 1 10in alpine type s subwoofer and it hits 2 times harder than my
2 12s..so my question is what 12 in sub is the best out there?
(alpine,Memphis, rockford,lightning audio)

Lucas Tam

"kyle lallave" wrote in
m:

hey right now i have 2 12 in dony xplod subwoofers and the other day i
heard my freinds 1 10in alpine type s subwoofer and it hits 2 times
harder than my 2 12s..so my question is what 12 in sub is the best out
there? (alpine,Memphis, rockford,lightning audio)

Does your friend have bass shakers installed ; )

--
Lucas Tam )
Kevin McMurtrie

"kyle lallave" wrote:

hey right now i have 2 12 in dony xplod subwoofers and the other day i heard
my freinds 1 10in alpine type s subwoofer and it hits 2 times harder than my
2 12s..so my question is what 12 in sub is the best out there?
(alpine,Memphis, rockford,lightning audio)

The sub and enclosure are both critical. Most car subs use small
enclosures that buzz more than thump. Some speakers are designed to
work better with small sealed enclosures but there's still a loss of
efficiency.

From what I've heard, RF definitely falls into the category of
ultra-inefficient subs made for ultra-small enclosures. I can't say
much good about their coaxials either, as the tweeters keep falling off
the ones I bought.

See what kind of Alpine your friend is using. If you have at least 3
cubic feet to dedicate to an enclosure, Adire Audio's subs are worth
looking at. They're pretty amazing but not usually practical for a car.
Eiron

kyle lallave wrote:

hey right now i have 2 12 in dony xplod subwoofers and the other day i heard
my freinds 1 10in alpine type s subwoofer and it hits 2 times harder than my
2 12s..so my question is what 12 in sub is the best out there?
(alpine,Memphis, rockford,lightning audio)

The 12" Sony Xplod is a pretty good speaker.
If yours is a dony then it is probably a fake. :-)
It works well in a 75 litre reflex box.
Perhaps you need a bigger amplifier or the correct size enclosure.

--
Eiron.

Looking for BLOWN MA AUDIO SUBWOOFERS & VISONIK SUBWOOFERS! RimShop Car Audio 1 October 22nd 04 07:26 PM
FS/FT: Misc Car audio, mostly subwoofers Jeff C Car Audio 0 July 8th 04 06:25 AM
Old Hollywood subwoofers and in house enclosure John Car Audio 3 June 29th 04 01:14 AM
Subwoofers, the specs don't matter! Erik Squires Audio Opinions 6 June 14th 04 01:30 PM
One amp for two subwoofers? nist7 Car Audio 4 December 26th 03 10:25 AM