Posted to rec.audio.tubes,sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] tubeguy@myshop.com is offline

Default Anyone know where to find a Crosley Model 23 Dial Cord diagram

Anyone know where to find a Crosley Model 23 Dial Cord diagram?
The cord is mostly gone, so I cant just duplicate the olds one ....

Dial cord replacement is NOT my favorite part of radio restoration.....
But it's got to be done...... This oldie has a beautiful wooden cabinet
in fair shape. I will be applying some new finish to to the cabinet. The
radio works but hums, new filter caps are ordered. The only other broken
item is the power switch on the rear of the volume pot, was fried, and
left a burn mark on the chassis (before I got the radio). I doubt I will
find one, so I will likely just use an inline power cord switch.

This is a 1941 radio. Google found me a schematic but not a dial cord
diagram.

Just for grins, how does a person find a replacement pot switch that
will fit?

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,sci.electronics.repair
John Robertson John Robertson is offline

On 2018/12/01 11:57 PM, Sjouke Burry wrote:
On 2-12-2018 7:30, wrote:
Anyone know where to find a Crosley Model 23 Dial Cord diagram?
The cord is mostly gone, so I cant just duplicate the olds one ....

Dial cord replacement is NOT my favorite part of radio restoration.....
But it's got to be done...... This oldie has a beautiful wooden cabinet
in fair shape. I will be applying some new finish to to the cabinet. The
radio works but hums, new filter caps are ordered. The only other broken
item is the power switch on the rear of the volume pot, was fried, and
left a burn mark on the chassis (before I got the radio). I doubt I will
find one, so I will likely just use an inline power cord switch.

This is a 1941 radio. Google found me a schematic but not a dial cord
diagram.

Just for grins, how does a person find a replacement pot switch that
will fit?

buy a few garage sale radios, A lot of them use the same pot/switch.
Also found in other old audio stuff.

I have NOS Centralab and IRC stackable potentiometers and switches that
I hope to be postng on my web site soonish. This is where you build a
volume control using the various controls, shafts and switches to get
what you need.

John :-#)#

John's Jukes Ltd.
(604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
[email protected] tschw10117@gmail.com is offline

On Sunday, December 2, 2018 at 12:30:40 AM UTC-6, wrote:
Anyone know where to find a Crosley Model 23 Dial Cord diagram?
The cord is mostly gone, so I cant just duplicate the olds one ....

Dial cord replacement is NOT my favorite part of radio restoration.....
But it's got to be done...... This oldie has a beautiful wooden cabinet
in fair shape. I will be applying some new finish to to the cabinet. The
radio works but hums, new filter caps are ordered. The only other broken
item is the power switch on the rear of the volume pot, was fried, and
left a burn mark on the chassis (before I got the radio). I doubt I will
find one, so I will likely just use an inline power cord switch.

This is a 1941 radio. Google found me a schematic but not a dial cord
diagram.

Just for grins, how does a person find a replacement pot switch that
will fit?

Suggest you post your inquiry over at rec.antiques.radio+phono

Terry
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Peter Wieck[_2_] Peter Wieck[_2_] is offline

http://www.nucow.com/alldial.htm

Same answer.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,sci.electronics.repair
Big Bad Bob Big Bad Bob is offline

On 12/01/18 23:57, Sjouke Burry wrote:
On 2-12-2018 7:30, wrote:
[...]

another possibility is guitar amplifier parts, like at 'amplifiedparts.com'

this search resulted in several hits, maybe one will work?
https://www.amplifiedparts.com/searc...ats%5B0%5D=147

--
(aka 'Bombastic Bob' in case you wondered)

'Feeling with my fingers, and thinking with my brain' - me