Posted to rec.audio.car
Nightcheck Nightcheck is offline

Default Alarm System

Hi...

I have a Viper 3000 alarm for my 87 Fiero GT, which up until recently
worked fine. The problem now is - when I arm or disarm the alarm - my
parking lights and brakes are supposed to flash on and off - but they
don't. They both work as I checked that first -

Can anyone shed any light on what could cause this and how t fix it?

Many thanks....

Rick

Posted to rec.audio.car
e-nigma e-nigma is offline

Do the parking lights work with your light switch?
If they do then the problem is the alarm
On the main alarm brain there is a white wire that is used for parking light
flash.
There should be a 7.5 or 10 amp fuse on that white wire
If the parking lights do not work with the light switch
then it is probably your parking light fuse in the vehicle fuse box.
I think your fuse box is on the drivers side underdash near the firewall

"Nightcheck" wrote in message
ps.com...
Hi...

I have a Viper 3000 alarm for my 87 Fiero GT, which up until recently
worked fine. The problem now is - when I arm or disarm the alarm - my
parking lights and brakes are supposed to flash on and off - but they
don't. They both work as I checked that first -

Can anyone shed any light on what could cause this and how t fix it?

Many thanks....

Rick

Posted to rec.audio.car
Nightcheck Nightcheck is offline

Yes - The parking lights work with my light switch -
On this main alarm brain you mentioned - any idea where it normally
would be? i.e., under the dash, in the engine area, etc ??
e-nigma wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.audio.car
e-nigma e-nigma is offline

most likely place is under the driver side dash

ups.com...
e-nigma wrote:
[...]

It's amazing what you can find when you look. Audio Opinions 76 December 3rd 05 06:33 AM
Just for Ludovic Audio Opinions 64 November 19th 05 04:17 PM
Note to Trevor Audio Opinions 9 November 7th 05 08:45 AM
Doppler Distortion - Fact or Fiction Bob Cain Pro Audio 266 August 17th 04 06:50 AM
FS: Tannoy System 10 Studio Monitor Speakers Ken Drescher Marketplace 0 September 5th 03 04:33 AM