Bob Fallona

Default Ford SHO 93 - upgrades?

I have the 93 SHO with the Factory JBL package ( cassette). Can this be
upgraded with a changer or new head unit. I would like to keep the dash
controls ( seek, vol, memory) if possible. Lastly any pages I can go to for
wiring diagrams or install info?

dewittdan2

[pimp] I have all the info you will need on installing in a SHO!!! I
have rebuilt my system at least once a year for the last 4 yrs of
owning my SHO (get bored really easy) and know them back and fourth -
first to replace the headunit you need to get either the ford removal
keys (look like horseshoes) from metra (or sometimes the coat hanger
trick might work but its just not easy)(has to go in the holes on the
sides of the radio) then for the metra plug you will need its a part
number 70-5511 to plug into the factory amp system (don't forget to
hook up BOTH the PWR antenna wire AND the other blue one which is the
factory amp turn on wire when you wire the plug or you will have NO
sound) as for the factory controls PAC makes a piece that could
incorporate them but most radios come with a remote anyways and for the
$100 you would spend on the PAC unit to incorporate the factory
controls its just not really worth it to me - I don't know about you.
As for any other info just let me know what you need to know and I can
help - also get me an email addy and I can send you pics of what I have
done to mine (its all been replaced!) later

--
dewittdan2

Ford Escape stereo installation question. M.G. Car Audio 1 September 6th 03 01:26 PM
skipping Ford Explorer? Hamilton Audio Car Audio 2 August 29th 03 12:06 PM
Ford Premium Sound CD install in a car that doesn't come with Premium Sound? James Piper Car Audio 0 July 30th 03 04:32 AM
Ford CD Changer Somerside Car Audio 0 July 13th 03 07:06 PM
Ford Escort Speakers? Gravity Car Audio 0 July 1st 03 01:41 AM