Wmaharrisjr

Default HU Grounding ?'s / possibilities

Hi guys I haave messed up 2 kenwood HU's whenever I take them in to get
them serviced they always say bad grounding on my part though I think
otherwise. I have a 1999 Mitsu Galant and i ground it on the metal
bracket inside the dash. apparently thats not good enough. My guestion
is where should i move the ground. When wiring my speakers i used
"SpeedWire" http://tinyurl.com/kls0 which is basically like a big wire
bundle with 4 channes of speaker wires and an extra wire for I asume
remote or grounding, Now just incase It may be a ground loop problem do
you think taking the ground through that and back to my amp is to farr
for a good ground and also will it interfere with the speaker wire. If
so where should i take the ground to stop this problem. I am basically
tired of switching out HU's BTW the HU is a Kenwood KDC-X759, i plan on
getting a Kenwood KDC-X869 this time and i defintely dont wanna mess
that one up.

symptoms: A constant humm even with the engine off. The radio plays fine
for a month or 2 then goes out. Is that really a symptom of bad ground
or what Could it possibly be RCA's ? something else i noticed when I
hooked the factory back up the rear speakers work interittingly with it.
but when i hook the hu up they work fine...besides the humm of course
--
Wmaharrisjr
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb2/sh...hreadid=155016