Tony

Default problem with amp

I just got a new kicker 300.2 amp and when i hook it up with my subs (2
kicker comp 12") the protection light comes on every time i turn it up. Now
i tested the subs and they work with other amps so im thinking it might be a
problem with my amp or my deck but im not sure. Hit me up if u have any
ideas whats wrong.

David

Are you bridging them? Not sure of the specs of that amp, but maybe your amp
cannot handle a 1 ohm load, provided the subs were single voice coils. Just
some thigns to look at....
TO-3

Tony wrote:
*I just got a new kicker 300.2 amp and when i hook it up with my subs
(2
kicker comp 12") the protection light comes on every time i turn it
up. Now
i tested the subs and they work with other amps so im thinking it
might be a
problem with my amp or my deck but im not sure. Hit me up if u have
any
ideas whats wrong.

*

What if you don't have a load on it? Does the protection light still
come on? If so, take it back and exchange it. Jon
--
TO-3
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb2/sh...hreadid=158303

Brandon Buckner

Even if he's bridging it, it should take a while before going into
protection if its not 2-ohm mono stable. Even still, he should try
hooking up each 12 to a channel and see if it still does it. There
shouldn't be any issue going on. What are the impedances of the subs?
The regular Comps only come in 4 or 8 SVC I believe.

Brandonb

Skating problem Jeremy General 0 March 31st 04 03:09 AM
What is my problem/ Bad speaker maybe? Wmaharrisjr Car Audio 4 September 22nd 03 04:04 PM
Problem here w/4ch High Power Amp and 6 speakers eidsvikDM Car Audio 0 September 17th 03 02:10 AM
temp problem with a SONY CDX M700? AlgaMAN [EChMotor#900] Car Audio 0 August 1st 03 07:47 PM
Technics SL1210 M3D turntable problem... Strutter General 1 July 13th 03 08:55 PM