alon levy

Default what amp should i get

u didnt say what size u got.
also tell me if u are going to run it in a sealed box or ported?

in any case the sub is rated at 1000wrms so i'd use the jl 1000/1 to
power it to its fullest.
--
alon levy
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb2/sh...hreadid=149538

Sam Carleton

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 at 03:42 GMT, MEAPPLEJAK wrote:

i ordered (1) hx2 power rockford and a sony m850mp head unit so
i need something that will be sufficient power to equal the power
of the sub

can someone please list some mono amps that will suit my needs

Well, I don't know what you want to spend, but I believe the you
might like the Hammer-Series amp from TRU technology. The smaller
of the two H-1 is 4 Ohm RMS: 600Wx1 and is stable to .5 ohms RMS:
2000Wx1.

Please stop my links page for TRU Technologies URL:

http://www.miltonstreet.com/scarleto...laycat&catid=3

Sam
MEAPPLEJAK

i got a 12 in a sealed box
alon levy

sealed enclosure will give u better SQ but u'll need more power.
and since its a 12 incher it would be best to power it with something
near its RMS power rating(about 70-100%).
your best bet would be the jl 1000/1 but if thats out of your price
range then get the jl 500/1 or any rockford or mtx 600+ wRMS mono class
d amps.

just so u know , i had a 10" power hx2 in a sealed box and that sub is
power hungry- so feed it well.