Posted to rec.audio.car
WannaKatana WannaKatana is offline

Default Jensen MP5610 receiver specs wrong

I got one of these based on the fact that everywhere I looked including
Jensen's own website and even on the box says it has two pair RCA
preamp outputs and one pair subwoofer RCA preamp outputs. I got the
darn thing and only one pair total.

Has anyone had anything like this happen before? Seems like fraud to
me. Now I have to send it back and wait for my replacement.

Is having all those preamp outputs worth the effort? It just seems like
it would be so much easier to tweak the system with them or is setting
up amps with only one preamp not that big of a deal? I assume once you
get it dialed in, no reason to change it much after that.

Thanks for your input.

Joel E

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

First, I did a little research on my own regarding this unit on several
different websites and found it is described as having one RCA output, 2 RCA
outputs, and three RCA outputs depending on where you look. This is INDEED
VERY confusing and you have a right to be a little upset by this.

I pulled up the owners manual (from the Jensen/Audiovox website) and it
appears to have two sets of RCA outputs, the black ones are the fronts and
the grey are the rear sets. It DOES NOT appear to have subwoofer outputs so
this appears to be misinformation on MANY sites. It DOES, however, have a
third set of RCA's which is an auxiliary input (I believe this third set of
RCA's is the source of the confusion and misinformation) which is ALWAYS
handy if you wish to connect an iPod or DVD player.

You can live without subwoofer outputs. My last system had only two sets of
outputs and I was able to build a dash-mounted subwoofer volume controller
using a $3 potentiometer I bought at Radio Shack (it worked perfectly). Of
course, you can opt not to use rear-fill at all and use the rear-channel RCA
outputs to feed your sub-amp (just an idea). This would give you control of
your subwoofer.

Anyway, I understand your frustration. It appears there is a BIG misprint
in almost all descriptions of this unit and I can see why you're ****ed.

MOSFET

"WannaKatana" wrote in message
ups.com...
I got one of these based on the fact that everywhere I looked including
Jensen's own website and even on the box says it has two pair RCA
preamp outputs and one pair subwoofer RCA preamp outputs. I got the
darn thing and only one pair total.

Has anyone had anything like this happen before? Seems like fraud to
me. Now I have to send it back and wait for my replacement.

Is having all those preamp outputs worth the effort? It just seems like
it would be so much easier to tweak the system with them or is setting
up amps with only one preamp not that big of a deal? I assume once you
get it dialed in, no reason to change it much after that.

Thanks for your input.

Joel E

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

Also, the RCA's that are hard-wired to the HU (in the upper left) are the
auxiliary inputs, NOT an output. I'm concerned you are thinking this is the
single output you referred to. The two RCA outputs (front and rear) are
connected to the large wiring harness you must plug into the unit.

MOSFET

"MOSFET" wrote in message
m...
[...]

Posted to rec.audio.car
WannaKatana WannaKatana is offline

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes I see the INPUT rca's, no confusion
there. There are still only one set of other RCA's, the output and the
instructions only show one set as well. I'm just going to return it.

I looked at many different places and didn't find any that said less
than 3 pairs of outputs. I guess you're a more diligent searcher than
me.

thanks again,

Joel

MOSFET wrote:
Also, the RCA's that are hard-wired to the HU (in the upper left) are the
auxiliary inputs, NOT an output. I'm concerned you are thinking this is the
single output you referred to. The two RCA outputs (front and rear) are
connected to the large wiring harness you must plug into the unit.

MOSFET

"MOSFET" wrote in message
m...
[...]

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

I looked at many different places and didn't find any that said less
than 3 pairs of outputs. I guess you're a more diligent searcher than
me.

Here's one that said there was only one pair:
http://www.cardomain.com/item/JENMP5610

MOSFET

thanks again,

Joel

MOSFET wrote:
Also, the RCA's that are hard-wired to the HU (in the upper left) are the
auxiliary inputs, NOT an output. I'm concerned you are thinking this is
the
single output you referred to. The two RCA outputs (front and rear) are
connected to the large wiring harness you must plug into the unit.

MOSFET

m...