Robert Morein

Default A lesson for Mikey

You didn't like it when I "made up facts" about you, ie., "approval" of the
Oklahoma City bombing.
It was intended to illustrate a point of netiquette.

You can see from your own reaction, it is not a nice thing to do. Don't
intepret people's posts to infer things they didn't say. Don't take for
granted what other people say about somebody. If you have any doubt, ask
them what they mean. Arny has been doing this kind of thing for years, and
people really hate him for it. You don't have to be a liar like him.

"Robert Morein" wrote in message
You didn't like it when I "made up facts" about you, ie., "approval" of
the Oklahoma City bombing.
It was intended to illustrate a point of netiquette.

Got it, you're an idiot.

You can see from your own reaction, it is not a nice thing to do. Don't
intepret people's posts to infer things they didn't say.

I never do, I play with people who say stupid things, which is what I do
with you, sometimes. Other times I just pull out something you did say like
the thing about the telescope.

Don't take for
granted what other people say about somebody. If you have any doubt, ask
them what they mean. Arny has been doing this kind of thing for years, and
people really hate him for it. You don't have to be a liar like him.

I have yet to see him tell a flat out lie, he does the same thing I do, he
just fires back the same kind of things people make up about him, like the
bad scientist crap. I've been participating here for longer than you and
I've seen what has been going on. Somebody posts something at odds with
reality and Arny points it out, sometimes pointedly, and people think he's
being a ******* for popping their balloon.

If on some rare occasion, Arny gets some bit of data wrong, he cops to it.

People like George, and others think that because this is an opinion
newsgroup, they should only be subjected to opinions. Actual facts need not
be discussed.

There comes a point when it ought to be clear Arny's not going to stop
letting pseudo-scientific Stereophile/TAS type nonsense go unchallenged.
All the vitriol you guys have come up with over the past decade ought to be
enough to convince you of this fact. Let it go, if you really don't think
it's nice, don't encourage rebuttal, don't rebut. If you must rebut, don't
sink into the muck you claim your opponent is wallowing in. Take the moral
high ground and be done with it.

Over on RAHE people have long drawn out conversations over ABX and still
nothing has changed. The people who know the truth about audio correct the
bull****. The people who beleive the busll****, continue to do so, and
sometimes give up talking about it, some from boredom, some from realizing
there is no validation for their view.

If you can't stand what Arny says, you don't have to read it.

If you continue to fling bull**** it continues to get flung back, so seeing
as your so smart, why is it you haven't grasped that fact? Why don't you be
better than your alleged enemy?

I suspect it is because for most of the people participating, it's not about
imaginined wounds or about cranky dispositions, or alleged lies, it's about
the game, and the game is how can I be insulting enough to make somebody
leave, or just drive them to distraction.

Robert Morein

" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message
You didn't like it when I "made up facts" about you, ie., "approval" of
the Oklahoma City bombing.
It was intended to illustrate a point of netiquette.

Got it, you're an idiot.

You can see from your own reaction, it is not a nice thing to do. Don't
intepret people's posts to infer things they didn't say.

I never do, I play with people who say stupid things, which is what I do
with you, sometimes. Other times I just pull out something you did say
like the thing about the telescope.

Man, you are stupid. Dishonest, too.

sam

" wrote

Somebody posts something at odds with reality and Arny points it out,
sometimes pointedly, and people think he's being a ******* for popping
their balloon.

That's incorrect. Arny has his opinions and he's a jerk about it.
People with opposing opinions which happen to be strongly
held beliefs, could be right. Just because they haven't been able
to PROVE it yet, doesn't mean it's wrong. If you aren't open to
the possibility that the world isn't flat, then you're the fool.
Go ahead - make my day - tell me the world is obviously flat.

George Middius

At last, some self-awareness from Mikey Bug-Eater.

people who say stupid things, which is what I do

So it's unanimous.

George Middius

Robert Morein said to duh-Mikey:

Man, you are stupid. Dishonest, too.

Mikey aspires to live in a world where everything is made of concrete.

Robert Morein

"sam" wrote in message
" wrote

Somebody posts something at odds with reality and Arny points it out,
sometimes pointedly, and people think he's being a ******* for popping
their balloon.

That's incorrect. Arny has his opinions and he's a jerk about it.
People with opposing opinions which happen to be strongly
held beliefs, could be right. Just because they haven't been able
to PROVE it yet, doesn't mean it's wrong. If you aren't open to
the possibility that the world isn't flat, then you're the fool.
Go ahead - make my day - tell me the world is obviously flat.

Well said. Arny and Mikey act like audio bigots.
Correction: Are audio bigots.

George Middius

Robert Morein said:

That's incorrect. Arny has his opinions and he's a jerk about it.
People with opposing opinions which happen to be strongly
held beliefs, could be right. Just because they haven't been able
to PROVE it yet, doesn't mean it's wrong.

Well said. Arny and Mikey act like audio bigots.
Correction: Are audio bigots.

Indeed. Like other religious zealots, They hack off bits of science and try to
use them as weapons. Perverting the true nature of science doesn't bother Them
because They are not interested in scientific thought.

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message
You didn't like it when I "made up facts" about you, ie., "approval" of
the Oklahoma City bombing.
It was intended to illustrate a point of netiquette.

Got it, you're an idiot.

You can see from your own reaction, it is not a nice thing to do. Don't
intepret people's posts to infer things they didn't say.

I never do, I play with people who say stupid things, which is what I do
with you, sometimes. Other times I just pull out something you did say
like the thing about the telescope.

Man, you are stupid. Dishonest, too.

I got it, in Morein world, if you tell the truth you are a liar.
You and Middius live there, anybody else?

"sam" wrote in message
" wrote

Somebody posts something at odds with reality and Arny points it out,
sometimes pointedly, and people think he's being a ******* for popping
their balloon.

That's incorrect. Arny has his opinions and he's a jerk about it.

OSAF.

People with opposing opinions which happen to be strongly
held beliefs, could be right

But until they prove it, they are nothing more than guesses.

Just because they haven't been able
to PROVE it yet, doesn't mean it's wrong.

It doesn't mean anything except that they think it.

If you aren't open to
the possibility that the world isn't flat, then you're the fool.

I'm open to evidence, Arny has some, most others, not so much.

Go ahead - make my day - tell me the world is obviously flat.

Why would I do that?

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

"sam" wrote in message
" wrote

Somebody posts something at odds with reality and Arny points it out,
sometimes pointedly, and people think he's being a ******* for popping
their balloon.

That's incorrect. Arny has his opinions and he's a jerk about it.
People with opposing opinions which happen to be strongly
held beliefs, could be right. Just because they haven't been able
to PROVE it yet, doesn't mean it's wrong. If you aren't open to
the possibility that the world isn't flat, then you're the fool.
Go ahead - make my day - tell me the world is obviously flat.

Well said. Arny and Mikey act like audio bigots.
Correction: Are audio bigots.

Correction we skewer audio bigots.

"George Middius" wrote in message

Robert Morein said:

That's incorrect. Arny has his opinions and he's a jerk about it.
People with opposing opinions which happen to be strongly
held beliefs, could be right. Just because they haven't been able
to PROVE it yet, doesn't mean it's wrong.

Well said. Arny and Mikey act like audio bigots.
Correction: Are audio bigots.

Indeed. Like other religious zealots, They hack off bits of science and
try to
use them as weapons. Perverting the true nature of science doesn't bother
Them
because They are not interested in scientific thought.

Thank you for confessing to the fact that you don't understand scientific
thought.

"George Middius" wrote in message

At last, some self-awareness from Mikey Bug-Eater.

people who say stupid things, which is what I do

So it's unanimous.

Yes, everybody know Middius is an asshole.

Robert Morein

ink.net...

Robert Morein said:

That's incorrect. Arny has his opinions and he's a jerk about it.
People with opposing opinions which happen to be strongly
held beliefs, could be right. Just because they haven't been able
to PROVE it yet, doesn't mean it's wrong.

Well said. Arny and Mikey act like audio bigots.
Correction: Are audio bigots.

Indeed. Like other religious zealots, They hack off bits of science and
try to
use them as weapons. Perverting the true nature of science doesn't

bother
Them
because They are not interested in scientific thought.

Thank you for confessing to the fact that you don't understand scientific
thought.

Mikey, we told you not to do that. Don't intepret people's posts to infer
things they didn't say. It just makes you look dumber than you are, which,
considering your weak mental talents, is not advisable.

George Middius

Robert Morein said to duh-Mikey:

Well said. Arny and Mikey act like audio bigots.
Correction: Are audio bigots.

Indeed. Like other religious zealots, They hack off bits of science and
try to use them as weapons. Perverting the true nature of science doesn't
bother Them because They are not interested in scientific thought.

Thank you for confessing to the fact that you don't understand scientific
thought.

Mikey, we told you not to do that. Don't intepret people's posts to infer
things they didn't say. It just makes you look dumber than you are, which,
considering your weak mental talents, is not advisable.

Do you think Mickey meant his "claim" seriously? I assumed he was joking. Either
way, it was lame, of course.

Mickey, why don't you clarify. Did you mean that crack seriously or were you
just taking a shot at me? I know you feel I'm the worst of the worst, and Arnii
Krooger is one step away from godhood, and John Atkinson is evil incarnate,
etc., etc. But all I'm asking is whether you were serious or joking.

George M. Middius

Look, Mickey -- another cowardly anonymous Usenet rodent has joined your
ragtag militia.

So it's unanimous.

Yes, everybody know Middius is an asshole.

Not much doubt about that.

Do you dudes charge membership dues, or is just peeing into a beer cup
from across the room?

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

ink.net...

Robert Morein said:

[...]

That you don't recognize sarcasm is not MY weakness.

[...]

Only on RAO, in real life you proabably don't insipire people to want to
kill you so much, in fact you're probably not even a tiny bit hideous.

and Arnii
Krooger is one step away from godhood,

As usual, your fondness for hyperbole doesn't serve the truth. I think Arny
is a usuful guy if you want good info on audio, the only one I would
consider better is dick Pierce,and they tend to agree on virtually
everything.

John Atkinson is evil incarnate,

No, but he is a enabler for idiots. His constant dance around the ABX
question,while entertaining is stilla dance, and he's dishonest about it.

etc., etc. But all I'm asking is whether you were serious or joking.

I'll let you guess.

"George M. Middius" cmndr [underscore] george [at] comcast [dot] net wrote
in message ...

Look, Mickey -- another cowardly anonymous Usenet rodent has joined your
ragtag militia.

So it's unanimous.

Yes, everybody know Middius is an asshole.

Not much doubt about that.

Do you dudes charge membership dues, or is just peeing into a beer cup
from across the room?

Thank you for admitting you pee into beer cups at the bars you frequent.

sam

" wrote

Somebody posts something at odds with reality and Arny points it out,
sometimes pointedly, and people think he's being a ******* for popping
their balloon.

That's incorrect. Arny has his opinions and he's a jerk about it.

OSAF.

oh - and your statement wasn't?

People with opposing opinions which happen to be strongly
held beliefs, could be right

But until they prove it, they are nothing more than guesses.

Incorrect again. Reality is reality. They could be right. You can't
prove that they aren't.

Just because they haven't been able
to PROVE it yet, doesn't mean it's wrong.

It doesn't mean anything except that they think it.

Thanks for agreeing that they could be right.

I'm open to evidence, Arny has some...

What evidence are you referring to? That he's an angry person?

Robert Morein

" wrote in message
nk.net...

"George M. Middius" cmndr [underscore] george [at] comcast [dot] net

wrote
in message ...

Look, Mickey -- another cowardly anonymous Usenet rodent has joined your
ragtag militia.

So it's unanimous.

Yes, everybody know Middius is an asshole.

Not much doubt about that.

Do you dudes charge membership dues, or is just peeing into a beer cup
from across the room?

Thank you for admitting you pee into beer cups at the bars you frequent.

Mikey, you're doing it again. Pretending that someone "admits" something
that is to your advantage simply outlines that you are a fool of limited
intelligence.
I'm sorry nothing can be done about your heredity.

ScottW

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

I'm sorry nothing can be done about your heredity.

Sounds rather bigoted to me.

ScottW

George M. Middius

StupidScottie said:

I'm sorry nothing can be done about your heredity.

Sounds rather bigoted to me.

Yes, it's called Stupidism. I agree with Robert -- the stupidest people
should shut their yaps and disappear.

Are you still here, Scottie? G

George M. Middius

Robert Morein said:

Mikey, you're doing it again. Pretending that someone "admits" something
that is to your advantage simply outlines that you are a fool of limited
intelligence.

Mickey learned that "debating trade" maneuver from the Krooborg. Did you
know Mickey thinks of the Krooborg as a "leader"? His word, not mine.

I'm sorry nothing can be done about your heredity.

If discriminating because of race makes you a racist, and discriminating
on sex makes you a sexist, why doesn't discriminating because of genetics
make you a geneticist?

Mickey's response: "Thank you for admitting you discriminate because of
genetics."

dizzy

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 20:52:24 -0400, George M. Middius cmndr
[underscore] george [at] comcast [dot] net wrote:

Look, Mickey -- another cowardly anonymous Usenet rodent has joined your
ragtag militia.

That would still place me several steps beyond slime like you, on the
evolutionary scale.

ScottW

StupidScottie said:

I'm sorry nothing can be done about your heredity.

Sounds rather bigoted to me.

Yes, it's called Stupidism. I agree with Robert -- the stupidest people
should shut their yaps and disappear.

Are you still here, Scottie? G

If no one reads your post... who has disappeared?

ScottW

George M. Middius

dizzy said:

Look, Mickey -- another cowardly anonymous Usenet rodent has joined your
ragtag militia.

That would still place me several steps beyond slime like you, on the
evolutionary scale.

You're the one who's deathly afraid of chlorine bleach.

ScottW

dizzy said:

Look, Mickey -- another cowardly anonymous Usenet rodent has joined your
ragtag militia.

That would still place me several steps beyond slime like you, on the
evolutionary scale.

You're the one who's deathly afraid of chlorine bleach.

Particularly mixed with ammonia, great stuff George... you should try it.

ScottW

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote in message
nk.net...

"George M. Middius" cmndr [underscore] george [at] comcast [dot] net

wrote
in message ...

Look, Mickey -- another cowardly anonymous Usenet rodent has joined
your
ragtag militia.

So it's unanimous.

Yes, everybody know Middius is an asshole.

Not much doubt about that.

Do you dudes charge membership dues, or is just peeing into a beer cup
from across the room?

Thank you for admitting you pee into beer cups at the bars you frequent.

Mikey, you're doing it again. Pretending that someone "admits" something
that is to your advantage simply outlines that you are a fool of limited
intelligence.

Believing that is what I'm doing makes you a bigger fool.

I'm sorry nothing can be done about your heredity.

That reminds me, the lab called and they've narrowed your DNA sample down to
2 possibles, hopefully the German Shepherd will be eliminated as well, but
it's too early to say for certain.

"sam" wrote in message
" wrote

Somebody posts something at odds with reality and Arny points it out,
sometimes pointedly, and people think he's being a ******* for popping
their balloon.

That's incorrect. Arny has his opinions and he's a jerk about it.

OSAF.

oh - and your statement wasn't?

People with opposing opinions which happen to be strongly
held beliefs, could be right

But until they prove it, they are nothing more than guesses.

Incorrect again. Reality is reality. They could be right. You can't
prove that they aren't.

Whatwas that about proving a negative? As long as your assertion is
unproven, it's just an assertion.

Just because they haven't been able
to PROVE it yet, doesn't mean it's wrong.

It is until it's proven. Sorta like the courts, if you can't prove it, it
didn't happen.

It doesn't mean anything except that they think it.

Thanks for agreeing that they could be right.

I never discount that possibility. I do discount anecdotes as proof.

I'm open to evidence, Arny has some...

What evidence are you referring to? That he's an angry person?

That may be, but he produces evidence to make his case, the anti-ABXers,
etc. don't. Mostly it seems people are ****ed at Arny for being supremely
confident, and not being ashamed about it. IME, those types of people are
nearly always feared and slandered.

Bottom line is nobody has to read what he writes. If you don't read it, it
can't upset you.

sam

" wrote

Whatwas that about proving a negative? As long as your assertion is
unproven, it's just an assertion.

Incorrect. It is what it is - whether it's asserted or not - whether
it's proven or not.

As you said, it's possible that musical reproduction systems have some
kind of effect on humans that isn't detectable in a listening test.

Just because they haven't been able
to PROVE it yet, doesn't mean it's wrong.

It is until it's proven. Sorta like the courts, if you can't prove it, it
didn't happen.

Incorrect. It is what it is - whether it's proven or not.

I never discount that possibility. I do discount anecdotes as proof.

Anecdotes aren't proof. No one presents an anecdote as proof.
There may be strongly held beliefs associated with anecdotes.
And no one can discount those beliefs as untrue or whimsical
because you can't prove a negative. They may be true - just
as yet unproven.

....he produces evidence to make his case,

What evidence? He can't prove a negative.

. Mostly it seems people are ****ed at Arny for being supremely confident,
and not being ashamed about it.

He has no reason to be confident. He can't prove a negative.
Too bad he's so stuck on his position. He could be the one to
identify the different effects differently designed systems have
on people.

George M. Middius

John Atkinson said:

stilla dance, and he's dishonest about it.

In what way am I being dishonest, Mr. McKelvy? I am expressing
opinions formed as the result of my quite extensive experience.
If you think this is dishonest, do you think the same about
Arny Krueger's false and unsubstantiated accusations that I
have attacked his children, his wife, and his religious
beliefs? Or that I have welched on a debt I owe him? I
haven't done any of these things, as the record is clear,
yet I don't see you criticizing AK for being "dishonest."

Arnii is Mikey's "leader", you know. And Mikey lauds Arnii for being
"supremely confident", which is definitely not the same as being snotty,
despite the mountains of snottiness evidence.

John Atkinson's parable for dealing with 'borgs: the man with limited or no experience is more confident of his knowledge than the man _with_ such experience.

"sam" wrote in message
" wrote

Whatwas that about proving a negative? As long as your assertion is
unproven, it's just an assertion.

Incorrect. It is what it is - whether it's asserted or not - whether
it's proven or not.

An assertion is an idea that has not been proven.

As you said, it's possible that musical reproduction systems have some
kind of effect on humans that isn't detectable in a listening test.

Just because they haven't been able
to PROVE it yet, doesn't mean it's wrong.

It is until it's proven. Sorta like the courts, if you can't prove it,
it didn't happen.

Incorrect. It is what it is - whether it's proven or not.

It's an idea, and only an idea until proven to be something more.

I never discount that possibility. I do discount anecdotes as proof.

Anecdotes aren't proof. No one presents an anecdote as proof.
There may be strongly held beliefs associated with anecdotes.

Which still means they mean nothing.

And no one can discount those beliefs as untrue or whimsical
because you can't prove a negative. They may be true - just
as yet unproven.

Then prove them and stop complaining about how they are criticised because
they have no supporting evidence.

....he produces evidence to make his case,

What evidence? He can't prove a negative.

. Mostly it seems people are ****ed at Arny for being supremely
confident, and not being ashamed about it.

He has no reason to be confident. He can't prove a negative.
Too bad he's so stuck on his position. He could be the one to
identify the different effects differently designed systems have
on people.

What negative is he claiming to have proven?

The simple fact is that in countless ABX DBT's alleged differences
disappear. While you may not consider this as proof that amps, etc sound
the same, it is evidence, and it is relaible. Sighted listening and
comparisons with no bias controls mean nothing.

Real differences are not masked by ABX or any other DBT, they show up time
and again.

sam

" wrote

An assertion is an idea that has not been proven.

So?

It's an idea, and only an idea until proven to be something more.

Incorrect. Whether or not differences exist is a state of reality.
Differences exist or they don't - whether someone asserts they
exist or not - whether someone proves they exist or not.

I never discount that possibility. I do discount anecdotes as proof.

Anecdotes aren't proof. No one presents an anecdote as proof.
There may be strongly held beliefs associated with anecdotes.

Which still means they mean nothing.

I never said otherwise.

And no one can discount those beliefs as untrue or whimsical
because you can't prove a negative. They may be true - just
as yet unproven.

Then prove them and stop complaining about how they are criticised because
they have no supporting evidence.

Eat me, Mike. I don't have to prove ****. I don't intend to prove ****.
Tell your ****ing engineer buddy Arny to prove it.
People were criticized for asserting that the world was round, weren't
they Mike?

The simple fact is that in countless ABX DBT's alleged differences
disappear. While you may not consider this as proof that amps, etc sound
the same, it is evidence, and it is relaible.

Evidence of what?

Many people assert they hear differences and when put to the test,
they're unable to support their assertions. No argument.
When people assert that they're unsatisfied or fatigued after extended
listening periods, you have no *evidence* to discount those kinds of
assertions. So eat me.

ScottW

"sam" wrote in message
" wrote

An assertion is an idea that has not been proven.

So?

It's an idea, and only an idea until proven to be something more.

Incorrect. Whether or not differences exist is a state of reality.
Differences exist or they don't - whether someone asserts they
exist or not - whether someone proves they exist or not.

Except simple differences will always exist. Thats reality.
I don't think manufacturing can make two components
identical to the point that differences can't be found
in testing.

But that doesn't matter because here we're talking
specifically about audible differences.
The state of audibility is a state of perception.
That state can and will vary amongst people.
In this case reality can be different for
different people. It can probably be
different for the same person over time.

Doesn't mean someone who claims audible differences
couldn't prove it, for the moment, with a test.

ScottW

EddieM

sam wrote
NYOB123 wrote

snip

I'm open to evidence, Arny has some...

What evidence are you referring to? That he's an angry person?

Except for Mikey, Sam, this subthread is a joy to go through.
Mikey is a nutball that is, in inexplicable way, a pleasure to read .

George Middius

Tom said:

It's an idea, and only an idea until proven to be something more.

Incorrect. Whether or not differences exist is a state of reality.
Differences exist or they don't - whether someone asserts they
exist or not - whether someone proves they exist or not.

All this "reality" stuff must be terribly confusing for poor Mikey. He doesn't
inhabit reality; he inhabits the Argument Zone. It's comfortable for him in
there because it's entirely theoretical. Undiscovered facts simply do not exist
for Mikey.

Then prove them and stop complaining about how they are criticised because
they have no supporting evidence.

Eat me, Mike. I don't have to prove ****. I don't intend to prove ****.
Tell your ****ing engineer buddy Arny to prove it.
People were criticized for asserting that the world was round, weren't
they Mike?

Indeed they were, but according to MikeyLogic, the criticisms were invalid.
Nobody had yet proven the roundness theory, so MikeyLogic says flatness was the
only known state of existence.

The simple fact is that in countless ABX DBT's alleged differences
disappear. While you may not consider this as proof that amps, etc sound
the same, it is evidence, and it is relaible.

Evidence of what?

Many people assert they hear differences and when put to the test,
they're unable to support their assertions. No argument.
When people assert that they're unsatisfied or fatigued after extended
listening periods, you have no *evidence* to discount those kinds of
assertions. So eat me.

Again, you're flouting MikeyLogic. Granted, the barriers to the Argument Zone
are somewhat fluid, admitting some logical premises but not others. Mikey
"knows" that aBxism has revealed "truth". It's not important how he knows this;
he just knows it. So any data that might vitiate the "truth" that Mikey "knows"
are simply argument fodder, to be quibbled and parsed and caviled until Mikey's
opponent loses his temper and begins battering Mikey about the head and
shoulders (figuratively or literally).