Andre Jute

Default In The Good Feedback (GFB)

DEAR ANDRE

THANK YOU FOR EXPLAINING WHY NEGATIVE FEED BACK IS
SUCH RUBBISH IN HI-FI.

BUT WHY DO THESE SO-CALLED ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS
NEVER TELL US ABOUT GOOD POSITIVE FEED BACK LIKE WE
APPLY TO THE CYBORGS IN THE CHARIOT RACES? THEY GO
FAST, THE ENGINEERS FEED BACK A POSITIVE IMPULSE,
THEN THEY GO FASTER STILL. (1)

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP.

ADRIAN NEWBY

Dear Adrian

Let me first say that I am not against negative feedback. I am only
against its thoughtless, careless or malicious application by the
enemies of fidelity. Why, I have myself designed and built an
amplifier, my T113 PP EL34, which has a pentode/ultralinear/triode
switch as well as variable NFB to permit me conveniently to insert in
ABX tests various topologies of natural and unnatural NFB for
comparison. The T113 is one of my favourite amplifiers. I am also not
against Christian or Islamist or homosexual practices to whatever
extent they are not thoughtlessly, carelessly or maliciously enforced
on those who do not wish them.

Positive feedback is one of the best kept secrets of all time. As
usual there is a commercial or political reason behind the conspiracy
to keep the good stuff from the hoi polloi. In the case of positive
feedback there is both a very profitable commercial and an
overwhelming political necessity to keep the best stuff, positive
feedback, from you.

The commercial reason is, as usual, negative. (Yeah, I know, you
guessed already!) All those silicon amps with excessive negative
feedback are of course soon found to be unsatisfory and go into the
bin. Then you buy a new one. It is a self-regenerating business. They
sell you ****, then you buy more **** because they tell you it is
better ****. Then you discover it doesn't became better excrement
because the stink quotient is lower. You decide life's a bitch, and
then you die.

The political reason is like the fleshpots. Once the farm boys have
tasted the pleasures of Gay Paree, how will you get them back to
harvesting the fields? The economy will collapse! Real simple. You
don't ever let them taste the pleasures of Gay Paree. Then the
consequential problem doesn't arise. If they offer you an amp with
positive feedback, you will never want to buy another. Compare with
the factory to trash cycle of negative feedback above. They're not
telling you about positive feedback because they don't want to do
themselves out of a job and out of future profits. No percentage in
satisfied customers!

I intended telling you about positive feedback but they sent several
large men to jostle my mistress on the street and whisper to her that
if she wants to keep me alive she'd better persuade me to shut up
about positive feedback.

I hope this helps, Adrian. Please eat this letter instead of lunch.

Andre Jute
Conspiracy? What conspiracy?

(1) BOYS, DON'T TRY THIS ON YOUR LITTLE BROTHER AT HOME, OR ON DADDY'S
NEW TUBE AMP. BOTH WILL GO FASTER AND FASTER BUT YOU COULD GET HURT
WHEN THEY FINALLY EXPLODE. THE PLEASURES OF POSITIVE FEEDBACK ARE MANY
BUT THE PRICE IS ONLY FOR THE MOST COMMITTED AUDIOPHILES.