Clyde Slick

wrote in message
ups.com...

John Atkinson wrote:
wrote:
So what happens when Arny does not show up for the debate? He is
already planting a lawn full of excuses.

Arny Krueger has give his word that he will attend HE2005 to take
part in the debate, Scott. I take his commitment at its face value.

What makes you think you aren't just buying Arny a weekend in New
York?

If Mr. Krueger doesn't turn up, then he will have to reimburse me
for the airfare and the cost of the hotel room, of course (unless
he gives me sufficient notice to cancel the reservations).

John Atkinson
Editor, Stereophile

What if he doesn't turn up and he doesn't reimburse you? Do you have a
writen agreement that implicitely states quid pro quo airfare and hotel
costs for presence at debate for full 90 minutes? Am I the only one who
sees this guy going to New York on your dime and not showing or leaving
after a minute based on some lame brained excuse cooked up in advance
just to make Stereophile eat his airfare and hotel costs? Does nobody
else not see this guy doing a dine and dash? How do you plan on
collecting your reimbursement?

I don't expect that outcome, but if it happens,
it will have its own inherent rewards for JA.
That's why I don't expect it to happen.
I predict Arny will show. He will make
his case, and there will be a debate. This will
be Arny's 15 minutes of fame, for better or for worse.
Sorry, its just how I see it playing out. This is just
too 'necessary' for Arny's fulfillment of his audio meglamania.

Lionel wrote:
John Atkinson a =E9crit :

Performing a scientifically valid DBT, Mr. Ferstler, is rather
more demanding than setting up a system to play music.

Does this explain why you never perform these tests even
(especially ?) when the audio devices are little bit "esoteric".

If they never do them then "especially" simply does not apply. You do
realize that most of the reviewers for Stereophile do not make their
livings as reviewers? You do realize that DBTs are not the norm for
reviews done by the magazines that advocate such tests? It simply isn't
a reasonable demand to place on subjective reviewers. It seems the
demand only comes up when an objectivist disagrees with a subjective
review. I suppose in a perfect world all reviews would have at least
some blind listening included, especially for speakers, but that just
isn't going to happen with small review journals that report on a
hobby. Just about everyone who reads these magazines knows how the
reviews are being done. If you think subjective reviews of things like
amps and cables are bogus then I suggest you ignore them, write a
letter of complaint or simply don't purchase the magazines that print
such reviews.=20

Scott Wheeler

Clyde Slick wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

John Atkinson wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Are you forgetting who we are talking about? Where is the reward for
JA? Are you forgetting that we are talking about a guy who lives in
complete disconnect with reality? Look at Arny's history on RAO and ask
yourself if this would be a victory for JA or a subject of fantasy for
Arny for years to come?

Scott Wheeler

Clyde Slick

"George M. Middius" wrote in message
news

Also communists.

That covers the class envy part, and the schadenfruede.
If they can't have something good, no one else should have it.

John Atkinson is steamed:
Howard Ferstler wrote:
a debate would have more impact if you and Arny both
participated in an independently proctored series of DBT
comparisons prior to the face off.

The neverending cry of the impotent, powerless audio critic.
"Put it to a DBT" and now "Put JA to a DBT."

Temper, temper. ;-)

Clyde Slick

Clyde Slick said:

Also communists.

That covers the class envy part, and the schadenfruede.
If they can't have something good, no one else should have it.

Arnii has told us he can't get a BJ. Even things that are valuable yet
cheap are out of his reach.

so, Arny also suffers from ass envy.

Lionel

In . com,
wrote :

Lionel wrote:
John Atkinson a écrit :

Performing a scientifically valid DBT, Mr. Ferstler, is rather
more demanding than setting up a system to play music.

Does this explain why you never perform these tests even
(especially ?) when the audio devices are little bit "esoteric".

If they never do them then "especially" simply does not apply. You do
realize that most of the reviewers for Stereophile do not make their
livings as reviewers?

Do you really think that it is a "fair" argument ?

You do realize that DBTs are not the norm for
reviews done by the magazines that advocate such tests? It simply isn't
a reasonable demand to place on subjective reviewers. It seems the
demand only comes up when an objectivist disagrees with a subjective
review. I suppose in a perfect world all reviews would have at least
some blind listening included, especially for speakers,

Why especially for speakers ?

but that just
isn't going to happen with small review journals that report on a
hobby.

You know Scott, I worked for industry (valves for gas and water) since a
long time. I have been in a lot of specialized exhibitions and shows BUT
I've never seen such demonstration of luxe than in high-end HiFi shows.

I guess that this hobby generate very important margin... ;-)

Just about everyone who reads these magazines knows how the
reviews are being done. If you think subjective reviews of things like
amps and cables are bogus then I suggest you ignore them, write a
letter of complaint or simply don't purchase the magazines that print
such reviews.

According to your proposal I would be interested that "rich" magazines like
Stereophile (Diapason, NDRS... in France) participate to scientific
progress in organizing one or twice a year DBT tests to confirm *analytic*
of the reviewers... Especially when the tested devices aren't supported by
a strong (published) scientific theory.
Lionel_Chapuis

George M. Middius wrote:

Scott said:

If you think subjective reviews of things like
amps and cables are bogus then I suggest you ignore them, write a
letter of complaint or simply don't purchase the magazines that print
such reviews.

Sorry, but the "objectivists" ;-) do not believe in live and let live.
They are fascists. Also communists.

This is a *very* interesting point George.
Communists... This is the word that Bill Gates used recently to qualified Richard Stallman's "free software foundation".

----------
Sent via SPRACI - http://www.spraci.com/ - Parties,Raves,Clubs,Festivals

John Atkinson wrote:
wrote:
John Atkinson wrote:
wrote:
What makes you think you aren't just buying Arny a weekend in

New
York?

If Mr. Krueger doesn't turn up, then he will have to reimburse me
for the airfare and the cost of the hotel room, of course (unless
he gives me sufficient notice to cancel the reservations).

What if he doesn't turn up and he doesn't reimburse you?

I don't see the point of discussing something that may well not
happen, Scott.

Fair enough. Consider it food for thought and nothing more.

Do you have a writen agreement that implicitely states quid pro quo
airfare and hotel costs for presence at debate for full 90 minutes?

No, I didn't feel it necessary given that Mr. Krueger has given his
word that he will attend the Show and take part in the debate.

His word. OK.........

Am I the only one who sees this guy going to New York on your dime
and not showing or leaving after a minute based on some lame

brained
excuse cooked up in advance just to make Stereophile eat his

airfare
and hotel costs?

If that happens, Scott, I may well ending losing money but Mr.
Krueger will lose something more important.

You can't loose what you don't have. Just look at Ferstler and how he
has behaved since being exposed as a fraud and a plagiarist. If you are
expecting Arny to act like a normal person with self respect, dignity
and integrity you must be suffering from the same amnesia as Art. I do
hope for the best but IME no matter how low you set the bar for Krueger
he manages to fly under it.

However, as I said, Mr.
Krueger has given me his word that he will attend HE2005 as planned
and that he will debate me one-on-one. Regardless of how Arny Krueger
has behaved in the past, I feel that I owe him that level of trust.

You are entitled to that opinion. I don't share it. Hope you are right.

Scott Wheeler

Lionel wrote:
In . com,
wrote :

Lionel wrote:
John Atkinson a =E9crit :

Performing a scientifically valid DBT, Mr. Ferstler, is rather
more demanding than setting up a system to play music.

Does this explain why you never perform these tests even
(especially ?) when the audio devices are little bit "esoteric".

If they never do them then "especially" simply does not apply. You

do
realize that most of the reviewers for Stereophile do not make

their
livings as reviewers?

Do you really think that it is a "fair" argument ?

Absolutely. The option is no review. There simply isn't a market to
support Stereophile if Stereophile were to put all of it's writers on
staff and pay them a wage that would make reviewing a worth while
endevour. I think it is asking too much to ask part time reviewers who
are making a living doing other jobs to take the extra time needed to
do legitimate DBTs of every component they review. It simply will not
happen. It doesn't happen with magazines that advocate DBTs.

You do realize that DBTs are not the norm for
reviews done by the magazines that advocate such tests? It simply

isn't
a reasonable demand to place on subjective reviewers. It seems the
demand only comes up when an objectivist disagrees with a

subjective
review. I suppose in a perfect world all reviews would have at

least
some blind listening included, especially for speakers,

Why especially for speakers ?

Because they are every bit as prone to sighted bias effects and no one
doubts their importance to sound quality.

but that just
isn't going to happen with small review journals that report on a
hobby.

You know Scott, I worked for industry (valves for gas and water)

since a
long time. I have been in a lot of specialized exhibitions and shows

BUT
I've never seen such demonstration of luxe than in high-end HiFi

shows.

I guess that this hobby generate very important margin... ;-)

I think shows are just that, shows. I have been to any number of such
shows in other industries and I think the appearance of wealth is just
that in many cases, appearance. The look of success sells. I think you
will find the hard numbers tell a different kind of story. I think they
tell a story of little margin for magazines and massive turnover for
small manufacturers.

Just about everyone who reads these magazines knows how the
reviews are being done. If you think subjective reviews of things

like
amps and cables are bogus then I suggest you ignore them, write a
letter of complaint or simply don't purchase the magazines that

print
such reviews.

According to your proposal I would be interested that "rich"

magazines like
Stereophile (Diapason, NDRS... in France) participate to scientific
progress in organizing one or twice a year DBT tests to confirm

*analytic*
of the reviewers... Especially when the tested devices aren't

supported by
a strong (published) scientific theory.

How do you figure Stereophile is a "rich" magazine? Do you really think
the money is there for these guys to do legitimate scientific testing?
I don't. I think that is why it is quite absent in the world of audio.
Valid scientific research is ****ing expensive. It is usually funded by
major corperate grants or governmemt grants. I think it is way beyond
the ways and means of any hobbyist publication.

Scott Wheeler

Margaret von B.

"Howard Ferstler" wrote in message
"George M. Middius" wrote:

John Atkinson said:

Mike McKelvy suggested a one-on-one debate and that is what I
proposed, that is what Mr. Krueger accepted, and that is what
I have promoted in my magazine, on my website, and on the
newsgroups and audio forums. The die is cast, Mr. Ferstler, but
thank you for offering your concern.

Perhaps a little charity is in order here, John. The forthcoming debate
might benefit from a comedic opening act. I think you might be able to
recruit a Professional Audio Clown to amuse the crowd,

Hey, George, you are hired!

Howard Ferstler

People who live in trailers don't hire other people. Stupid.

Cheers,

Margaret

John Atkinson wrote:

snipped

I spnet a lot of time and money in
the early 1990s organizing blind testing of loudspeakers, yet
the reviews based on this testing were not at all popular.

So, first you tried promoting blind testing of the audio component
least in need of such testing and when that failed, you decided to
become a handmaiden for the charlatans promoting Bedini Clarifiers,
Mpingo Discs, Shakti Stones, etc. Do you take solace in a failed
attempt at virtue before you became a whoremonger?

In the end a magazine has to publish what its readers are
prepared to read or cease publishing, as happened with the
erstwhile magazine that has given its name to this thread.

How much for "around the world"? ;-)

Clyde Slick

wrote in message
oups.com...

You can't loose what you don't have. Just look at Ferstler and how he
has behaved since being exposed as a fraud and a plagiarist. If you are
expecting Arny to act like a normal person with self respect, dignity
and integrity you must be suffering from the same amnesia as Art.

I don't remember that.

Anyways, I expect Arny to show up not because he is honorable,
but rather because he is insane.

Arny Krueger

wrote in message
oups.com
John Atkinson wrote:

However, as I said, Mr.
Krueger has given me his word that he will attend HE2005 as planned
and that he will debate me one-on-one. Regardless of how Arny Krueger
has behaved in the past, I feel that I owe him that level of trust.

You are entitled to that opinion. I don't share it.

Scott, ironically you're bitter because I promised to not answer your vanity
libel suit, and kept my word - which helped it fail.

Arny Krueger

wrote in message
oups.com

Absolutely. The option is no review. There simply isn't a market to
support Stereophile if Stereophile were to put all of it's writers on
staff and pay them a wage that would make reviewing a worth while
endevour. I think it is asking too much to ask part time reviewers who
are making a living doing other jobs to take the extra time needed to
do legitimate DBTs of every component they review. It simply will not
happen. It doesn't happen with magazines that advocate DBTs.

I think it's fine if everbody agrees that these poor reviewers lack the
resources to properly document their reviews.

Arny Krueger

wrote in message
oups.com
John Atkinson wrote:

I spent a lot of time and money in
the early 1990s organizing blind testing of loudspeakers, yet
the reviews based on this testing were not at all popular.

So, first you tried promoting blind testing of the audio component
least in need of such testing and when that failed, you decided to
become a handmaiden for the charlatans promoting Bedini Clarifiers,
Mpingo Discs, Shakti Stones, etc. Do you take solace in a failed
attempt at virtue before you became a whoremonger?

I think that Atkinson did his bogus DBTs of amps and capacitors before the
early 1990s.

In the end a magazine has to publish what its readers are
prepared to read or cease publishing, as happened with the
erstwhile magazine that has given its name to this thread.

Note the false claim by Atkinson that The Audio Critic has ceased
publishing. All I see is a transition to web publishing, which seems very
appropriate. TAS is also leaning heavily on web publishing, yet AFAIK
Atkinson hasn't rung their death knell.

Arny Krueger wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com
John Atkinson wrote:

However, as I said, Mr.
Krueger has given me his word that he will attend HE2005 as

planned
and that he will debate me one-on-one. Regardless of how Arny

Krueger
has behaved in the past, I feel that I owe him that level of

trust.

You are entitled to that opinion. I don't share it.

Scott, ironically you're bitter because I promised to not answer your

vanity
libel suit, and kept my word - which helped it fail.

The real irony is that you would proudly allude to one of the finest
examples of your lack of character. You said a lot of things back then.
You falsely accused me of being a pedophile. You claimed you would hire
a lawyer, run up my bill and put a lean on my house. What you chose not
to do was actually retract the claims of pedophilia to end the law
suit. You failed on every level to show any decency or integrity. I'm
not bitter but I have learned my lesson about you. Thanks for reminding
the rest of RAO just why you deserve absolutely no trust. Like I said
before, no matter how low I set the bar for you, you always manage to
fly under it. Your word is worthless and I expect you to remind us all
of that fact again with this debate. I also expect you to find some
kind of bizzarre victory in it just as you have found some sort of
bizzarre victory in being sued for libel over false accusations of
pedophilia. I suppose ripping off Stereophile for a free trip to New
York would be a victory in your book.

Scott Wheeler

Lionel

John Atkinson a écrit :

In the end a magazine has to publish what its readers are
prepared to read or cease publishing

Very Good !!! Excellent !!! The ultimate argument.

Now Arnold can go to NY very serenely, there's nothing to
discuss anymore. No more bloody debate, no more shock of
Titans, just discussion about weather, cars and economical
conjoncture. ;-)

Have a nice and peaceful visit Arnold...
....Lucky ******* ! ;-)
Lionel_Chapuis

George M. Middius wrote:

Clyde Slick said:

Anyways, I expect Arny to show up not because he is honorable,
but rather because he is insane.

And because he's a cheapskate, and a free lunch is a free lunch.

LOL, not class envy but envy anyway. :-D

----------
Sent via SPRACI - http://www.spraci.com/ - Parties,Raves,Clubs,Festivals

Arny Krueger wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com

Absolutely. The option is no review. There simply isn't a market to
support Stereophile if Stereophile were to put all of it's writers

on
staff and pay them a wage that would make reviewing a worth while
endevour. I think it is asking too much to ask part time reviewers

who
are making a living doing other jobs to take the extra time needed

do legitimate DBTs of every component they review. It simply will

not
happen. It doesn't happen with magazines that advocate DBTs.

I think it's fine if everbody agrees that these poor reviewers lack

the
resources to properly document their reviews.

This makes no sense. clearly no reviewer lacks the resources to
"document their reviews." If they did we would never see them. Maybe
you were trying to say something else?

Scott Wheeler

Arny Krueger

wrote in message
ups.com
Arny Krueger wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com
John Atkinson wrote:

However, as I said, Mr.
Krueger has given me his word that he will attend HE2005 as

planned
and that he will debate me one-on-one. Regardless of how Arny
Krueger has behaved in the past, I feel that I owe him that level
of

trust.

You are entitled to that opinion. I don't share it.

Scott, ironically you're bitter because I promised to not answer
your vanity libel suit, and kept my word - which helped it fail.

The real irony is that you would proudly allude to one of the finest
examples of your lack of character.

Letsee Scott do I have this right? I lack character because you filed a
vanity lawsuit against me? LOL!

You said a lot of things back then.

I managed to pull your chain pretty hard, Scott.

You falsely accused me of being a pedophile.

How many times did I do that Scott?

You claimed you
would hire a lawyer, run up my bill and put a lean on my house.

Prove it. BTW Scott I'm quite sure I never promised to put a lean on your
house, because unlike you I know the difference between lean and lien. As
far as liens on houses go, I seem to recall you making that threat against
me. Nice job of projecting your wierdness!

What you chose not to do was actually retract the claims of pedophilia to
end the law suit.

Claims, Scott? I think that means more than one. I seem to recall Lionel
making numerous such claims against you. How's you're lawsuit against him
coming? LOL!

You failed on every level to show any decency or
integrity.

Not at all Scott, and the law seems to agree with me.

I'm not bitter but I have learned my lesson about you.

You're not bitter Scott? It's a good thing you posted this after prime
coffee drinking time in most of the English-speaking parts of the world,
because otherwise a lot of CRTs and LCDs would be bathed in coffee by now!

Thanks for reminding the rest of RAO just why you deserve absolutely
no trust.

I deserve no trust for what Scott, being victimized by your vanity law suit?

Like I said before, no matter how low I set the bar for
you, you always manage to fly under it.

So says a guy who is so ashamed of himeself that he wouldn't publicly admit
his profession for many months.

Your word is worthless and I
expect you to remind us all of that fact again with this debate. I
also expect you to find some kind of bizzarre victory in it just as
you have found some sort of bizzarre victory in being sued for libel
over false accusations of pedophilia. I suppose ripping off
Stereophile for a free trip to New York would be a victory in your
book.

Atkinson should know me by now. How can I rip him off?

Arny Krueger

wrote in message
ups.com
Arny Krueger wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com

Absolutely. The option is no review. There simply isn't a market to
support Stereophile if Stereophile were to put all of it's writers
on staff and pay them a wage that would make reviewing a worth while
endevour. I think it is asking too much to ask part time reviewers
who are making a living doing other jobs to take the extra time
needed to do legitimate DBTs of every component they review. It
simply will not happen. It doesn't happen with magazines that
advocate DBTs.

I think it's fine if everbody agrees that these poor reviewers lack
the resources to properly document their reviews.

This makes no sense. clearly no reviewer lacks the resources to
"document their reviews." If they did we would never see them. Maybe
you were trying to say something else?

Scott, thanks for showing that you can't properly read and comprehend the
word "properly". Come to think of it, you won't be able to understand this
sentence, either. Oh, well! ;-)

Lionel wrote:
John Atkinson a =E9crit :

In the end a magazine has to publish what its readers are
prepared to read or cease publishing

Very Good !!! Excellent !!! The ultimate argument.

Indeed, Atkinson's position is becoming clear: $tereopile may be filled
with techno-babble, psuedo-science, fraudulent products and purple
prose, but that's what the readers (and, of course, the advertisers)
*want*. What's a publisher to do? :-(

Arny Krueger wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com
Arny Krueger wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com
John Atkinson wrote:

However, as I said, Mr.
Krueger has given me his word that he will attend HE2005 as

planned
and that he will debate me one-on-one. Regardless of how Arny
Krueger has behaved in the past, I feel that I owe him that

level
of

trust.

You are entitled to that opinion. I don't share it.

Scott, ironically you're bitter because I promised to not answer
your vanity libel suit, and kept my word - which helped it fail.

The real irony is that you would proudly allude to one of the

finest
examples of your lack of character.

Letsee Scott do I have this right?

Not likely but let's see.

I lack character because you filed a
vanity lawsuit against me? LOL!

Nope, as usual, you don't have it right. I'm sure you will misrepresent
the facts leading to your failure to debate JA in the same way.

You said a lot of things back then.

I managed to pull your chain pretty hard, Scott.

Just like you are pulling JA's right now? Anyone without personal
integrity can pull another person's chain Arny. Hell, you can **** off
your neighbors by throwing rocks through their windows in the middle of
the night. One of the differences between you and normal people is that
normal people will not stoop so low just to pull someone's chain.

You falsely accused me of being a pedophile.

How many times did I do that Scott?

I suppose this matters to someone with no sense of decency. Three times
if you don't remember.

You claimed you
would hire a lawyer, run up my bill and put a lean on my house.

Prove it.

Check the google records for yourself if you don't believe me. Kinda
sad you don't remember what you said. If you can't find it let me know.
I'll find it for you. I forget that google rrealize you think google
lies to you.

BTW Scott I'm quite sure I never promised to put a lean on your
house, because unlike you I know the difference between lean and

lien.

"Definately"

As
far as liens on houses go, I seem to recall you making that threat

against
me. Nice job of projecting your wierdness!

Nice job of using selctive memory.

What you chose not to do was actually retract the claims of

pedophilia to
end the law suit.

Claims, Scott?

Yeah? Was that too big a word for you to understand Arny?

I think that means more than one.

Yeah it does.

I seem to recall Lionel
making numerous such claims against you. How's you're lawsuit against

him
coming? LOL!

Thanks for showing your ignorance on the issue of over seas lawsuits.

You failed on every level to show any decency or
integrity.

Not at all Scott, and the law seems to agree with me.

Another one of your fanatsies. I look forward to your fantasies about
why you failed to show for the debate.

I'm not bitter but I have learned my lesson about you.

You're not bitter Scott?

Having trouble with the English language Arny?

It's a good thing you posted this after prime
coffee drinking time in most of the English-speaking parts of the

world,
because otherwise a lot of CRTs and LCDs would be bathed in coffee by

now!

More fantasies. Dream on dude.

Thanks for reminding the rest of RAO just why you deserve

absolutely
no trust.

I deserve no trust for what Scott, being victimized by your vanity

law suit?

I supposed someone so lost in their fantasy world on RAO as you would
have trouble understanding why. Have you not noticed that you are the
only one not getting it?

Like I said before, no matter how low I set the bar for
you, you always manage to fly under it.

So says a guy who is so ashamed of himeself that he wouldn't publicly

admit
his profession for many months.

Just more fantasies. I'm sure you will come up with some wild ones for
being a no show at the debate. By the way, it is nice to actually have
a profession and excel at it. Would you like me to tell you what it is
like?

Your word is worthless and I
expect you to remind us all of that fact again with this debate. I
also expect you to find some kind of bizzarre victory in it just as
you have found some sort of bizzarre victory in being sued for

libel
over false accusations of pedophilia. I suppose ripping off
Stereophile for a free trip to New York would be a victory in your
book.

Atkinson should know me by now. How can I rip him off?

Are you really this stupid? You can rip Stereophile off by going to New
York on Stereophile's dime and not participating in the debate. DUH! I
agree with you though that Atkinson should know you by now and see this
coming from a mile away.

Scott Wheeler

Arny Krueger wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com
Arny Krueger wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com

[...]

You really are an idiot. To bad you won't actually debate JA. Would
have been good for laughs.

Scott Wheeler

Lionel

a écrit :
Lionel wrote:

In . com,
wrote :

Lionel wrote:

John Atkinson a écrit :

[...]

IMHO it is not pertinent.
Speaker is the only device which can federated opinions.

IMHO, analytic DBT tests would be more interesting
concerning controverted, "disputed" devices.

[...]

These massive turnovers generate massive margins...
The most part of the reinvested money is put in
communication not R&D (unfortunatly ;-) ).
And as magazines like "Stereophile" are among the most
courted communication supports.
So...

[...]

When a manufacturer generate massive turnover and massive
margin it seems prudent to reinvest part of these massive
incomes in R&D programs, no ?

It is usually funded by
major corperate grants or governmemt grants. I think it is way beyond
the ways and means of any hobbyist publication.

A magazine like Stereophile should have the means at the
levels of its goal.
I cannot understand that tests and reviews of "esoteric"
devices aren't published with more reserve, modesty
considering the lacks of the testing methodology.
John Atkinson

Arny Krueger wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com
Your word is worthless and I expect you to remind us all of
that fact again with this debate. I also expect you to find
some kind of bizzarre victory in it just as you have found
some sort of bizzarre victory in being sued for libel over
false accusations of pedophilia. I suppose ripping off
Stereophile for a free trip to New York would be a victory in
your book.

Atkinson should know me by now. How can I rip him off?

Are you really this stupid? You can rip Stereophile off by going to
New York on Stereophile's dime and not participating in the debate.
DUH!

If Arny Krueger does something along those lines, Scott, then I
believe he would become a laughing stock. I feel that such an
outcome will be sufficient incentive for Mr. Krueger to live up to
his word.

I agree with you though that Atkinson should know you by now and
see this coming from a mile away.

We shall see what happens, Scott. But I have found that placing a
degree of trust in people almost always produces positive results.
Mr. Krueger has given me his word; I shall continue to take that word
at face value.

John Atkinson
Editor, Stereophile

Arny Krueger

wrote in message
ups.com
Arny Krueger wrote:

Atkinson should know me by now. How can I rip him off?

Are you really this stupid?

I'm not so stupid that I file vanity lawsuits in California Superior Court
like this guy who posts as Scott Wheeler, and make a laughingstock out of
myself.

You can rip Stereophile off by going to
New York on Stereophile's dime and not participating in the debate.

I could jump off the Ambassador Bridge, or even just the freeway bridge down
the road a couple of miles.

DUH! I agree with you though that Atkinson should know you by now and
see this coming from a mile away.

Well Scott, it appears that not only do you have this persistent delusion
that you are smarter than I am, but you think you are smarter than Atkinson.
Frankly Scott, I suspect that you think that you are extraordinarily smart,
but there's this little problem with your zillions of really stupid posts to
Usenet. On the scale of Usenet Audio Idiots Scott, you're right up there
with Middius, Dormer, Phillips and Sackman.

Arny Krueger

wrote in message
oups.com
Lionel wrote:
John Atkinson a écrit :

In the end a magazine has to publish what its readers are
prepared to read or cease publishing

Very Good !!! Excellent !!! The ultimate argument.

Indeed, Atkinson's position is becoming clear: $tereopile may be
filled with techno-babble, psuedo-science, fraudulent products and
purple prose, but that's what the readers (and, of course, the
advertisers) *want*. What's a publisher to do? :-(

Hustler and The White Worker seem to be good examples of magazines that
appear to be pursuing the same basic marketing approach.

Clyde Slick

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message

I could jump off the Ambassador Bridge, or even just the freeway bridge
down the road a couple of miles.

I would consider that more than an adequate excuse for bailing out of The
Debate.