Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.guitar.amps
Andre Jute[_2_] Andre Jute[_2_] is offline

Default Appeasing Carbo Doxy, was Al Bore cancels Nopenhagen lovefest forhis global warmies

On 2009-12-08, Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:

The earth
IS getting warmer, nobody really knows why tho. Could be man, could be
a natural swing BUT if it IS man, and the repub boobs yell, get
peoples attention over nonsense, then our kids and our kids kids are
screwed.

We're also screwed if it isn't man and we waste our time pointlessly
cutting CO2 instead of building the dykes a bit higher.

The Aztecs assumed the climate change that wiped them out was their
fault and the obvious solution was to sacrifice more humans. It's
possible their energies might have been better directed elsewhere.

I wonder if we could bring back Aztec practices after the global
warmies put our economies back in the stone age? Then we'll really see
who believes in global warming every time we call for volunteers to
have their beating hearts ripped from their living chests to appease
the god of carbon dioxide, the Carbo Doxy (slogan: "I just vant to be
alone."). I bet most of the loudest global warmies on RBT will
suddenly be dead silent and very, very small, more in keeping with the
size of their dicks than their mouths.

Omnia vincit nexus.

Cyber Nexus (1)
Pontiff
http://members.lycos.co.uk/fiultra/B...20CYCLING.html

(1) The cyclist who before his elevation to High Priest of the Heart
Rippers was known as Andre Jute
Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.guitar.amps
sam booka sam booka is offline

flipper tapped the mic and amongst other things, said,
"Is this on?" :

Someone has to pay for the changes to energy production which are
needed to keep a nice cool world. Everyone wants money for 1,001
things and my guess is that most ppl in the world will spend for the
short term betterment rather than for the betterment of their grand
children. Why would a species spend on the welfare of its yet-to-be-
borns when live members have had to fund all their lives without
inheritance? Why would a species spend on un-borns when they know
half of them will turn out into porn watching drug addicts?

We can all be so loving towards the rest of mankind, but like so many
marriages that begin with such hope and potential, the end result is
an ugly argument about money.

Patrick Turner.

I see no sane reason to 'pay' for a fabricated 'crisis' fantasy and
you stomping around in ashes and sackcloth wailing "the end is near,
sinner repent" isn't a compelling argument no matter how loud, or
often, you scream it.

The dumazzes still don't get it that they've been disgraced and banished
to the dogma house. Now I see they are trying to deflect to the sea level
rising fraud, long debunked by the late great John L. Daly, although all
the raw data is still up on his site, www.john-daly.com. In particular,
it is this damning article, http://www.john-daly.com/altimetry/topex.htm
so spread it far and wide to expose their double down on stupid while the
caviar, jets, limos, and hookers are still hot

--
All the perplexities, confusion, and distress in America arise,
not from defects in their Constitution or confederation, not
Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.guitar.amps
landotter landotter is offline

On Dec 9, 8:50*am, sam booka wrote:
flipper tapped the mic and amongst other things, said,
"Is this m:

[...]

Which university granted John Daly a degree in climatology? Which
scientific organizations stand behind this fringe opinion?

KTHANX!
Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.guitar.amps
Lord Valve Lord Valve is offline

landotter wrote:

[...]

I'd wager Daly has better credentials than Algore. Bet?

Lord Valve
Globally Cool

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.guitar.amps
RichL RichL is offline

said, "Is this on?" :

[...]

Oh sure, a ****ing sailor says it ain't so, so screw all the scientists.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.guitar.amps
RichL RichL is offline

said, "Is this m:

[...]

Gore doesn't claim to base his views on his own research.

Thanks for playing, though!

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.guitar.amps
Bill Sornson[_2_] Bill Sornson[_2_] is offline

RichL wrote:

Gore doesn't claim to base his views on his own research.

No, he just lies repeatedly:

http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/a...ies_the_record

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.guitar.amps
landotter landotter is offline

On Dec 10, 9:34*am, flipper wrote:
[moronsnip]
http://www.drroyspencer.com/research-articles/

[moronsnip]

Roy Spencer is a proponent of "intelligent design"--the crackpotiest
of crackpot "theories". Really--what more needs to be said other than,
**** off you ignorant dooshnoozle?

Every single reputable scientific body vs. ... a young Earth
creationist.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.guitar.amps
Peter Cole Peter Cole is offline

flipper wrote:

I see no sane reason to 'pay' for a fabricated 'crisis' fantasy and
you stomping around in ashes and sackcloth wailing "the end is near,
sinner repent" isn't a compelling argument no matter how loud, or
often, you scream it.

Just curious -- such skepticism must have roots. Has there yet been a
major "environmental" movement that proved to be over-hyped hysteria?
Conservatives often cite ozone and DDT, but researching those, I haven't
seen anything to support the claim that those hazards were overestimated.

Personally, I'd find it heartwarming that Americans were actually too
"green". I'd love to hear the argument.
Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.guitar.amps
Stephen Cowell[_2_] Stephen Cowell[_2_] is offline

"Peter Cole" wrote
flipper wrote:

I see no sane reason to 'pay' for a fabricated 'crisis' fantasy and
you stomping around in ashes and sackcloth wailing "the end is near,
sinner repent" isn't a compelling argument no matter how loud, or
often, you scream it.

Just curious -- such skepticism must have roots. Has there yet been a
major "environmental" movement that proved to be over-hyped hysteria?
Conservatives often cite ozone and DDT, but researching those, I haven't
seen anything to support the claim that those hazards were overestimated.

Strictly speaking, 'Silent Spring' was a little over the top...
as close as I can come, sorry.
__
Steve
..

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.guitar.amps

On Dec 10, 9:53*am, Peter Cole wrote:
flipper wrote:
I see no sane reason to 'pay' for a fabricated 'crisis' fantasy and
you stomping around in ashes and sackcloth wailing "the end is near,
sinner repent" isn't a compelling argument no matter how loud, or
often, you scream it.

Just curious -- such skepticism must have roots. Has there yet been a
major "environmental" movement that proved to be over-hyped hysteria?
Conservatives often cite ozone and DDT, but researching those, I haven't
seen anything to support the claim that those hazards were overestimated.

Personally, I'd find it heartwarming that Americans were actually too
"green". I'd love to hear the argument.

I think the crux of the issue is the ability to change one's mind
given evidence. DDT, for example, is certainly a bad substance when
used willy nilly, but it's a lifesaver when used to treat mosquito
nets and residential structures in malaria stricken regions.
Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.guitar.amps
sam booka sam booka is offline

landotter tapped the mic and amongst other things,
said, "Is this on?" news:0e77fc98-1027-4960-906b-e38d5cdae982
@d10g2000yqh.googlegroups.com:

The
only ones left with any credibility are the skeptics.

Credibility? You gain credibility if you have evidence. It's not a
place you default to because you think someone else stepped over the
service line.

When you collect evidence not even accurate to a meter, then use it to
support your millimeter level hypothesis, then get caught in not just one
lie but a series of lies and cover-ups over it, that isn't supposed to
make any reasonable man, regardless of their location, skeptical?

--
All the perplexities, confusion, and distress in America arise,
not from defects in their Constitution or confederation, not
from want of honor or virtue, so much as from downright ignorance
of the nature of coin, credit, and circulation,
John Adams
Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.guitar.amps
sam booka sam booka is offline

landotter tapped the mic and amongst other things,
said, "Is this on?" news:86464bc1-d43d-4aac-a262-
:

On Dec 10, 9:34*am, flipper wrote:
[moronsnip]
http://www.drroyspencer.com/research-articles/
[moronsnip]

Roy Spencer is a proponent of "intelligent design"--the crackpotiest
of crackpot "theories". Really--what more needs to be said other than,
**** off you ignorant dooshnoozle?

Every single reputable scientific body

.... that got caught cheating and has now lost all credibility...

vs. ... a young Earth
creationist.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Perhaps you should get his Ph.D. revoked then, although it is clear that
you are nutz. Let me know how that goes for you...

In the meantime, astrophysicists are predicting Global Warming up until
2040 from our present state of cooling for 10 years (when the recently
discovered fraudulently manipulated and poorly collected data is
chucked.) Their methods appear to stand up to peer review, as do Dr. Roy
Spencer's. Unfortunately, after that they appear to say it will cool off
again, based on tracking the prime climate driver, solar activity cycles.
Better go debunk them too. Good luck because it looks like their methods
fit backwards for hundreds of millenia.
--
All the perplexities, confusion, and distress in America arise,
not from defects in their Constitution or confederation, not
from want of honor or virtue, so much as from downright ignorance
of the nature of coin, credit, and circulation,
John Adams
Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.guitar.amps

On Dec 10, 10:52*am, sam booka wrote:
[...]

No they don't stand up to peer review. You are lying.

Unfortunately, after that they appear to say it will cool off
again, based on tracking the prime climate driver, solar activity cycles.

Which scientific bodies say this? The Young Earth Creation
Dooshbaggery Union?

Better go debunk them too. Good luck because it looks like their methods
fit backwards for hundreds of millenia.

If a crackpot theory isn't good enough for any legitimate scientific
organization to recognize, then I'll take a pass. However--you seem so
desperate for evidence for a politically formed opinion that you'll
listen to ****ing flat earth creationists.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.guitar.amps
Arlowe Arlowe is offline

It happens that landotter formulated :
[...]

jeezus, where do I start...

Ok, about peer review....

how can anyone accept the concept of peer review when it is stated in
the "East Anglia"emails that there were attempts to discredit
contradictory science via the peer review process?

Any time there is data that does not match the official land
temperature data it is dismissed, or massaged away. like the way
satellite readings of temperature have been changed to match the
official land temperature, however they still can not explain why the
lower atmosphere temperature readings don't reflect their estimates
based on the "official land temperatures".
When tree ring data didn't support their theory what did they do? the
ommited the data that didn't match.
They never considered the problem may lie in the way they collect real
temperaure data. Why? because they could control that, they could make
it appear to support their theory.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.guitar.amps
landotter landotter is offline

On Dec 10, 2:47*pm, Spender wrote:
On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 10:28:10 -0800 (PST), landotter
wrote:

Tell me--which scientific facts did Einstein discard in lieu of
theological assumption?

Einstein pretty much discounted quantum mechanics in whole on the grounds
that "God does not play dice".

Fail.

Einstein is one of the founding fathers of QM.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.guitar.amps
Chalo Chalo is offline

landotter wrote:

sam booka wrote:

RichL wrote:

Oh sure, a ****ing sailor says it ain't so, so screw all the scientists.

You haven't been paying attention Doc. The so-called scientists are
disgraced by fraud and pathetic attempts to cover their tracks.

There is no evidence of fraud, nor is there evidence of a coverup. You
are lying.

The
only ones left with any credibility are the skeptics.

Credibility? You gain credibility if you have evidence. It's not a
place you default to because you think someone else stepped over the
service line.

http://circleh.wordpress.com/2009/11...e-of-fraud-by-...

Come to think of it, you haven't been very skeptical.

No evidence there. But do tell me why you lunatics can't link to a
single reputable source that agrees with you? ******s who submit to
blogspot from their "shacky" one man institutes in the rockies don't
count.

This is the exact sort of "gotcha" bull**** we have to endure from
glazed-eye creationists who point at every gap in the fossil record as
proof that Spider Man created the universe.

:sigh:

Enjoy the cock of Exxon. Don't forget to lube up occasionally.

Exxon makes lube. You might have to accept some chlorinated oils with
that. But what's a little cancer between friends?

It is pretty amazing that when there's a suggestion that someone in
the scientific community has done what what the trumped-up "opposing
viewpoint" has been doing all the time, from its inception, to the
exclusion of *any* legitimate information gathering or scientific
analysis, these monkeys start shrieking and flinging **** like their
lives depend on it.

I still have a very hard time seeing the downside of conserving the
fossil fuels we have left, and developing sustainable new energy
technologies. Of course, I'm not on the board of directors of an oil
company, looking at the stock options potential of a series of major
supply crises that will recur for as long as the industrial world
remains stuck on dirty energy.

Chalo
Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.guitar.amps
landotter landotter is offline

On Dec 10, 2:42*pm, Spender wrote:
On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 09:34:30 -0600, flipper wrote:
In the first place, whether someone else does, or does not, have 'the
right answer' has no bearing on your pet conjecture. Or, put another
way, ignorance of the 'correct answer' does not mean the one you
dreamed up is correct. Case in point: earth as the center of the
universe surrounded by crystal spheres was not only 'the consensus'
for hundreds of years but it actually *worked*. You could predict the
future position of the known heavenly bodies and, by golly, that's
where they'd be.

A perfectly good theory... except for being completely wrong.

Or a more recent example. The scientific consensus around 1900 was that
although atoms seemed to work as a theoretical model of matter, they
couldn't possibly be real.

That would be a lie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atom#Or...entific_theory
Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.guitar.amps
Chalo Chalo is offline

landotter wrote:

Peter Cole wrote:

flipper wrote:

[...]

When my mom was a kid in East Texas, the DDT truck would come down the
street, spraying as it went, to exterminate the insect life in
roadside ditches. The kids rode along behind on their bicycles,
enjoying the cool mist and bug-free zone.

That's where these folk's heads are at. That's how they used the
stuff, when it was possible for them to use it.

You'll notice that anti-environmentalists' compassion for the poor
malaria-stricken people of the world does not extend so far as to
develop and use mosquito-specific biological countermeasures,
effective but environmentally non-persistent alternatives to DDT, or
anything like that. They just like to whine about environmentalists
choosing birds, fish, and cats over cancer, extinctions, diabetes, and
DDT-resistant skeeters.

Chalo
Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.guitar.amps

sam booka wrote:
landotter tapped the mic and amongst other
things, said, "Is this on?" news:0e77fc98-1027-4960-906b-e38d5cdae982
@d10g2000yqh.googlegroups.com:

The
only ones left with any credibility are the skeptics.

Credibility? You gain credibility if you have evidence. It's not a
place you default to because you think someone else stepped over the
service line.

When you collect evidence not even accurate to a meter, then use it to
support your millimeter level hypothesis, then get caught in not just
one lie but a series of lies and cover-ups over it, that isn't
supposed to make any reasonable man, regardless of their location,
skeptical?

Bzzt. "Reasonable" is out the window with GroundRat and the rest of his GWA
fundies.

HTH

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.guitar.amps

On Dec 10, 3:53*pm, Peter Cole wrote:
flipper wrote:
I see no sane reason to 'pay' for a fabricated 'crisis' fantasy and
you stomping around in ashes and sackcloth wailing "the end is near,
sinner repent" isn't a compelling argument no matter how loud, or
often, you scream it.

Just curious -- such skepticism must have roots. Has there yet been a
major "environmental" movement that proved to be over-hyped hysteria?
Conservatives often cite ozone and DDT, but researching those, I haven't
seen anything to support the claim that those hazards were overestimated.

DDT was banned on the hysterically hyped claim that it caused cancer.
Not a single case of DDT-caused cancer was ever reported. The banning
of DDT killed hundreds of millions of the poorest and most defenseless
people on earth miserably by starvation and malaria. Rachel Carson,
far from being a saint as the green movement pretends, was the brains
behind a genocide. Those who marched for the banning of DDT committed
a bigger genocide than Stalin, Hitler, Mao, Ho Chi Min and Pol Pot
together.

I've explained all this to you, Colesy, and I remember your
disgustingly smug reply to the effect, "Oh, we now permit them limited
use of DDT," as if their lives are up to you to permit or dispose of.
It's that sort of callousness that makes the American left into such
very, very Ugly Americans.

Personally, I'd find it heartwarming that Americans were actually too
"green". I'd love to hear the argument.

Yup, to American greens, a few eagles are worth 220 million human
lives. Of course, the same greenies are all loudly anti-war. Figures.
Much cooler and less dangerous to your own precious skins to kill poor
people by starvation, eh, Colesy?

With utmost contempt,

Andre Jute
A little, a very little thought will suffice -- John Maynard Keynes
Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.guitar.amps
Andre Jute[_2_] Andre Jute[_2_] is offline

On Dec 10, 3:56*pm, "Stephen Cowell"
wrote:
"Peter Cole" wrote

flipper wrote:

I see no sane reason to 'pay' for a fabricated 'crisis' fantasy and
you stomping around in ashes and sackcloth wailing "the end is near,
sinner repent" isn't a compelling argument no matter how loud, or
often, you scream it.

Just curious -- such skepticism must have roots. Has there yet been a
major "environmental" movement that proved to be over-hyped hysteria?
Conservatives often cite ozone and DDT, but researching those, I haven't
seen anything to support the claim that those hazards were overestimated.

Strictly speaking, 'Silent Spring' was a little over the top...
as close as I can come, sorry.
__
Steve

You must be a very nice guy to be so mild, Steve. "Silent Spring" was
the motivator of a monstrous genocide by the banning of DDT that
continues to this day. Rachel Carson was the figurehead of gross and
disgusting genocide.

Andre Jute
Let's call the thing by its name
Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.guitar.amps
Michael Press Michael Press is offline

In article . com,
Spender wrote:

On Wed, 9 Dec 2009 22:43:10 -0500, "RichL" wrote:

Gore doesn't claim to base his views on his own research.

Of course not. He bases it on the solid majority of scientists who believe
the temperature of the interior of the earth is several million degrees.

Are you say it's not?

--
Michael Press
Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.guitar.amps
Andre Jute[_2_] Andre Jute[_2_] is offline

On Dec 10, 8:58*pm, Chalo wrote:

First I'll let Chalo have his say, then I'll demonstrate that every
sentence contains at least one lie:

It is pretty amazing that when there's a suggestion that someone in
the scientific community has done what what the trumped-up "opposing
viewpoint" has been doing all the time, from its inception, to the
exclusion of *any* legitimate information gathering or scientific
analysis, these monkeys start shrieking and flinging **** like their
lives depend on it.

Okay, here it is again, this time with analysis and commentary:

It is pretty amazing that when there's a suggestion

Climategate isn't a "suggestion", it is a *confession* of scientific
and criminal wrongdoing by an entire branch of a science,
paleoclimatogoly for two decades.

that someone in
the scientific community has done

We're not talking about some obscure lab assistant, we're not even
talking about a leading scientist in an obscure branch of a forgotten
science, we are talking about the "scientists" on whose word we're
asked to spend trillions, possibly to wreck our planet for ever. And
now we decide they have consistently, for decades, conspired to lie to
us and to suppress the truth.

What you and the other global warming faithful seem unable to grasp,
Chalo, is that without the disappearance of the Medieval Warm Period
and the Little Ice Age by these lying paleoclimatologists, there is no
global warming, because those historical events are proof that nothing
abnormal has happened or is happening in our time. The lies of those
men are the key to global warming.

what what the trumped-up "opposing
viewpoint"

Nothing "trumped-up" about the skeptics. They merely demand what is
our right in every science -- science rather than politics and lies.

has been doing all the time, from its inception,

Prove that the skeptics lied even once, invented data even once,
suppressed the truth even once, conspired to cover up each other's
crimes even once. Those are the crimes Climategate proves in their own
confessions in their own words that the scum who are the leaders of
paleoclimatology committed constantly, persistently, and over such a
long time that their crimes became so natural that, even as they
criminally deleted the original data and discussions, they left the
incriminating e-mails stand!

to the
exclusion of *any* legitimate information gathering or scientific
analysis,

The skeptics don't have to prove anything. It is up to the proposers
of the hypothesis that there is global warming and that it is caused
by manmade CO2 to produce proof of both the event and the connection.

these monkeys start shrieking and flinging **** like their
lives depend on it.

Once more, we've known all along that these paleoclimatologists who
confessed in the Climategate Papers were crooked, because they lied
about a historically and scientifically well proven events. Once more,
the theory of manmade global warming stands like an upside down
pyramid on the unstable point of the hockey stick. When the hockey
stick is exposed as a fraud, and a confessed fraud, there is no proof
of global warming, and if there is no event, there is no need to
scapegoat CO2 (or even to look for the real cause).

I still have a very hard time seeing the downside of conserving the
fossil fuels we have left,

Sure, we shouldn't waste. But that is no reason to scapegoat CO2, nor
to wreck the world economy with measures that won't reduce carbon
emissions enough even to be measurable in the atmosphere. What sort of
crap policy is this? I'll tell you, it is hysteria in action, nothing
to do with science.

and developing sustainable new energy
technologies. *

I'm not too keen on windfarms sliding down hills and causing many
acres of soil erosion, as one lot did in Ireland only a few years
back. The only alternative source is nuclear energy, and that has not
only its own problems but a lot of stiction in the political system,
in part because the greenies delight in screeching that someone should
do something while simultaneously denying him the means of acting.

Of course, I'm not on the board of directors of an oil
company,

You probably could be for asking. You could be their "show"-greenie.

looking at the stock options potential of a series of major
supply crises that will recur for as long as the industrial world
remains stuck on dirty energy.

Those crises are manmade by the same methods the global warmies use to
create their own hysterical panics. There is absolutely no shortage of
fossil fuel at any possible (never mind likely) rate of growth for
further into the future than the industrial revolution is behind us.

In any event, your argument appears to come down to, So these
paleoclimatologists lied, so what, we'll just believe in global
warming regardless of whether there is any science to support it. Of
course, that's basically been the IPCC position since the hockey stick
and its creator were completely discredited by about 2003.

Andre Jute
“We must get rid of the Medieval Warm Period.” -- Jonathan Overpeck,
climate "scientist", IPCC writer
Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.guitar.amps

On Dec 10, 9:18*pm, Chalo wrote:

When my mom was a kid in East Texas, the DDT truck would come down the
street, spraying as it went, to exterminate the insect life in
roadside ditches. *The kids rode along behind on their bicycles,
enjoying the cool mist and bug-free zone.

And what? Nobody ever got cancer from DDT.

That's where these folk's heads are at. *That's how they used the
stuff, when it was possible for them to use it.

So what, Chalo? You're still labouring under the old myth that DDT
caused cancer. Not a single case was ever proven.

You'll notice that anti-environmentalists' compassion for the poor
malaria-stricken people of the world does not extend so far as to
develop and use mosquito-specific biological countermeasures,
effective but environmentally non-persistent alternatives to DDT, or
anything like that. *

Wow! The people who pressurized politicans into banning DDT committed
a monstrous genocide, but now they want to blame those who predicted
their crime for not, somehow, by magic perhaps, having saved all those
poor wretches that the DDT-banners were killing by starvation and
malaria, hundreds of millions of them over the intervening decades.

They just like to whine about environmentalists
choosing birds, fish, and cats over cancer, extinctions, diabetes, and
DDT-resistant skeeters.

Prove a single instance of cancer, a single instance of diabetes, a
single extinction caused by diabetes. As for bugs building up
resistance, so what, it happens, then you alter the formula and they
die again. That's about the stupidest argument I've ever heard, the
equivalent of saying we should stop all work on pesticides because
bugs will develop immunity. Yo, pal, you might get out in nature a
little more often and discover that bugs have already developed
immunity to a whole lot of natural poisons, and countermeasures to
predators -- it is called evolution, and it is what will eventually
evolve man out of existence.

The big irony is that DDT wasn't even banned for green reasons, it was
explicit among the leaders of the campaign that it was a test case to
demonstrate their political muscle. Their little demonstration has so
far cost about 220 million lives, and anybody who today supports the
continued banning of DDT is complicit in that continuing genocide.

Andre Jute
Get a bicycle. You will not regret it. If you live -- Mark Twain

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.guitar.amps
Bill Sornson[_2_] Bill Sornson[_2_] is offline

Michael Press wrote:

wrote:

Gore doesn't claim to base his views on his own research.

Of course not. He bases it on the solid majority of scientists who
believe the temperature of the interior of the earth is several
million degrees.

Are you say it's not?

Huh?

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.guitar.amps
AMuzi AMuzi is offline

landotter wrote:
Fail.
Einstein is one of the founding fathers of QM.

Oh that horse is dead. Stop beating it.
We've all read myriad Einstein comments about his god.
Whatever your or my opinion, Einstein believed.
Let's move on.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.guitar.amps
AMuzi AMuzi is offline

Chalo wrote:
landotter wrote:
Peter Cole wrote:
flipper wrote:
[...]

I also rode behind the DDT trucks in summers long past.

You're off on some argument I can't follow but we have
precious little malaria here, much due to DDT. Which we deny
to people who suffer.

And that suffering is not merely agony and death.
Productivity in the malarial countries drops precipitously
as it is a chronic debilitation, dooming large areas to poverty.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971
Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.guitar.amps
RichL RichL is offline

Michael Press wrote:

wrote:

Gore doesn't claim to base his views on his own research.

Of course not. He bases it on the solid majority of scientists who
believe the temperature of the interior of the earth is several
million degrees.

Are you say it's not?

http://hypertextbook.com/facts/1999/PhillipChan.shtml

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.guitar.amps
AMuzi AMuzi is offline

Andre Jute wrote:
On Dec 10, 3:56 pm, "Stephen Cowell"
wrote:
"Peter Cole" wrote

flipper wrote:
[...]

Anyone who has plodded through her 'Silent Spring' and 'Edge
of the Sea' has suffered too. Total waste of time.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.guitar.amps
AMuzi AMuzi is offline

Spender wrote:
Of course not. He bases it on the solid majority of scientists who believe
the temperature of the interior of the earth is several million degrees.

Michael Press wrote:
Are you say it's not?

Spender wrote:
Are you say it is?

Hey guys this is a knowable thing:
http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i...re+temperature

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971
Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.guitar.amps

On Dec 11, 1:55*am, AMuzi wrote:
Chalo wrote:
landotter wrote:
Peter Cole wrote:
flipper wrote:
[...]

I don't suppose anything measures up against the genocidal death toll
caused by the banning of DDT, but the banning of DDT was one of the
most gross racist acts ever performed by the left. And "manmade global
warming" is another grossly racist act of the left.

But then again, the left has neither sense of humour nor shame. What
is a few hundred million more condemned to poverty and disease in the
wake of the 220,000,000, mainly women and children, they've already
killed by banning DDT.

Andre Jute
Never more brutal than he has to be -- Nelson Mandela

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.guitar.amps
RickH RickH is offline

On Dec 10, 3:18*pm, Chalo wrote:
landotter wrote:

Peter Cole wrote:

flipper wrote:

[...]

Chalo- Hide quoted text -

Me too. All things in moderation they say, what doesnt kill you just
makes you stronger. I used to collect mercury as a kid, all the aunts
an uncles would be sure to save their old thermometers and thermostats
so I could harvest the mercury, I had about a quart of it in a jar. I
had lead soldiers too, left to me when grandpa died, I had the molds
and melting pot, used to melt lead pipe and make soldiers. I'm
perfectly healthy at 54 and can keep up with a 20 year old at the gym.

The banning of DDT is one of the great tragedies of our time, malaria
is a horrably crippling infection with multiple amputations often
being the only recourse to extending life. Makes aids look like a
summer cold.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.guitar.amps
Tom Sherman °_° Tom Sherman °_° is offline

Default OT - Einstein

Einstein was a musicologist: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfred_Einstein.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.
Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.guitar.amps

Andre Jute wrote:

I've explained all this to you, Colesy, and I remember your
disgustingly smug reply to the effect, "Oh, we now permit them limited
use of DDT," as if their lives are up to you to permit or dispose of.
It's that sort of callousness that makes the American left into such
very, very Ugly Americans.

We've been all over this before. You're wrong.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.guitar.amps
Peter Cole Peter Cole is offline

Stephen Cowell wrote:
"Peter Cole" wrote
flipper wrote:

I see no sane reason to 'pay' for a fabricated 'crisis' fantasy and
you stomping around in ashes and sackcloth wailing "the end is near,
sinner repent" isn't a compelling argument no matter how loud, or
often, you scream it.

Just curious -- such skepticism must have roots. Has there yet been a
major "environmental" movement that proved to be over-hyped hysteria?
Conservatives often cite ozone and DDT, but researching those, I haven't
seen anything to support the claim that those hazards were overestimated.

Strictly speaking, 'Silent Spring' was a little over the top...
as close as I can come, sorry.
__
Steve
.

I've reread parts of it, and given that it's 45 years old or so, I think
it holds up very well.
Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.guitar.amps
Chalo Chalo is offline

Andre Jute wrote:

You're still labouring under the old myth that DDT
caused cancer. Not a single case was ever proven.

The same can be claimed for dioxins. People get cancer, they die--
who's to say what caused it? Correlation between exposure levels and
cancer rates proves nothing. It doesn't matter that most
organochlorides feature the same statistical anomaly in this regard.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it, says the intransigent
polluter.

Chalo
Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.guitar.amps

landotter wrote:
Fail.
Einstein is one of the founding fathers of QM.

Oh that horse is dead. Stop beating it.
We've all read myriad Einstein comments about his god.
Whatever your or my opinion, Einstein believed.
Let's move on.

He laid all this crap to rest once and for all:

"I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but
have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called
religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the
world so far as our science can reveal it." (Albert Einstein, 1954)

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.guitar.amps
sam booka sam booka is offline

Andre Jute tapped the mic and amongst other things,
said, "Is this on?" news:a7588fb5-04e7-4a08-8f44-a26c10e676a0
@r24g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

Those crises are manmade by the same methods the global warmies use to
create their own hysterical panics. There is absolutely no shortage of
fossil fuel at any possible (never mind likely) rate of growth for
further into the future than the industrial revolution is behind us.

In any event, your argument appears to come down to, So these
paleoclimatologists lied, so what, we'll just believe in global
warming regardless of whether there is any science to support it. Of
course, that's basically been the IPCC position since the hockey stick
and its creator were completely discredited by about 2003.

Andre Jute
"We must get rid of the Medieval Warm Period." -- Jonathan Overpeck,
climate "scientist", IPCC writer

They're caught green handed in a lie, apparently with the motive of
extorting money from developed nations. Since it is the largest extortion
and fraud in history, they should do the largest amount of jail time in
history, spread out amongst their collaborators and apologists. Madoff
got 150 years for 50 billion... How much time will be spread out for
their trillions at 3,000 years per trillion?

The other alternative is of course World War, which as history has
proven, always seems to be the end game of democ'RAT cash shuffling
shenanigans. Of course, it turns them more profit too, and the world
continues to turn in their death grip of hellish socialist greed.

--
All the perplexities, confusion, and distress in America arise,
not from defects in their Constitution or confederation, not
from want of honor or virtue, so much as from downright ignorance
of the nature of coin, credit, and circulation,
John Adams
Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.guitar.amps
sam booka sam booka is offline

"Bill Sornson" tapped the mic and amongst other things,
said, "Is this on?" :

sam booka wrote:
landotter tapped the mic and amongst other
things, said, "Is this on?" news:0e77fc98-1027-4960-906b-e38d5cdae982
@d10g2000yqh.googlegroups.com:

The
only ones left with any credibility are the skeptics.

Credibility? You gain credibility if you have evidence. It's not a
place you default to because you think someone else stepped over the
service line.

When you collect evidence not even accurate to a meter, then use it
to support your millimeter level hypothesis, then get caught in not
just one lie but a series of lies and cover-ups over it, that isn't
supposed to make any reasonable man, regardless of their location,
skeptical?

Bzzt. "Reasonable" is out the window with GroundRat and the rest of
his GWA fundies.

HTH

Ground'RAT... Now that's fzckin' hilarious.