George M. Middius

Brother Horace the Endlessly Exclusionary whined:

Howard Howard Howard "Howard Howard Howard" Ferstler Ferstler Ferstler
clowned:

You inability to prove your previous contention is
acknowledged, tweako.

You want proof?

"I am a professional audio clown." -- H. Ferstler, RAO, 2004

I am an idiot.

I think you need to go back to clown school. You're not supposed to smash
the pie into your own face.

Howard Ferstler

"George M. Middius" wrote:

Harold "Pinchpenny" Fecklebeans whined:

Did you see that Quad has re-released its Model II amplifier?

No doubt the amp works just fine. The big question is: can
cheaper amps sound just as good?

Sorry, that's not "the big question". The only big question in audio is: Do
I like the way my system sounds?

Perhaps we should footnote that and ask if you are or are
not deluded. A final question would be: do we want deluded
people polluting the hobby?

Howard Ferstler
Howard Ferstler

MINe 109 wrote:

In article ,
Howard Ferstler wrote:

MINe 109 wrote:

In article ,
Howard Ferstler wrote:

dave weil wrote:

So now we get to the "epistemology" of how Howard "knows" that Quad
speakers suck.

No telling. They might. Then, again, they might not. It is
likely that the early Quads could not have done as well with
a live-vs-recorded demo as those AR-3 systems.

Did you see that Quad has re-released its Model II amplifier?

No doubt the amp works just fine. The big question is: can
cheaper amps sound just as good?

Maybe they can sound different. Fortunately, Quad also have a cheaper
amp.

Stephen

Good for them.

Howard Ferstler
George M. Middius

Grumpy Old Clerkie grumped:

Harold "Pinchpenny" Fecklebeans whined:

Did you see that Quad has re-released its Model II amplifier?

No doubt the amp works just fine. The big question is: can
cheaper amps sound just as good?

Sorry, that's not "the big question". The only big question in audio is: Do
I like the way my system sounds?

Perhaps we should footnote that and ask if you are or are
not deluded.

Or you could say something cogent instead of continuing to demonstrating
your advancing senescence.

A final question would be: do we want deluded
people polluting the hobby?

You seem to have no objection to Krooger ****ting all over Usenet. But then,
your idea of a "hobby" is dusting off 30-year-old tomes in the library and
rehashing ancient shell games perpetrated by your clay-footed idols.

When are you going to renounce your sockpuppet following, Clerkie?

Clyde Slick

"George M. Middius" cmndr [underscore] george [at] comcast [dot] net wrote
in message ...

I think you need to go back to clown school. You're not supposed to smash
the pie into your own face.

Unless its a key lime pie.

Howard Ferstler

"George M. Middius" wrote:

Grumpy Old Clerkie grumped:

A final question would be: do we want deluded
people polluting the hobby?

You seem to have no objection to Krooger ****ting all over Usenet.

Actually, I think he is doing a great job.

Howard Ferstler
GeoSynch

Pudge pedagogued:

Or you could say something cogent instead of continuing to demonstrating
your advancing senescence.

A bit of Krooglish there, eh Gimpboy?

GeoSynch

George M. Middius

Brother Horace the Indulgently Dimwitted said:

[evasions of pointed questions snipped]

When are you going to renounce your sockpuppet following, Clerkie?

Arny Krueger

[dot] net wrote in message

Brother Horace the Indulgently Dimwitted said:

[evasions of pointed questions snipped]

When are you going to renounce your sockpuppet following,
Clerkie?

Show us how to do it, George.

dave weil

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 17:52:34 -0400, Howard Ferstler
wrote:

dave weil wrote:

On Sat, 09 Jul 2005 15:35:44 -0400, Howard Ferstler
wrote:

Clyde Slick wrote:

"Howard Ferstler" wrote in message

I always get a kick out of comments by nobodies like you
when it comes to my published material.

Since nobody actually reads your articles, its
the only feedback you ever get.

OK, I am going to have to introduce you to a new word:
epistemology. It refers to "how we know" something.

So now we get to the "epistemology" of how Howard "knows" that Quad
speakers suck.

No telling. They might. Then, again, they might not. It is
likely that the early Quads could not have done as well with
a live-vs-recorded demo as those AR-3 systems.

No, actually, it's likely that they would have done better.

If you had ever really listened to some, you'd know why.

George Middius

Stupidborg confesses he's overwhelmed by the complexities of the modern world.

When are you going to renounce your sockpuppet following,
Clerkie?

Show us how to do it, George.

The simpler something is, the more difficult for you to understand it.

Try saying this, Retardoborg: "I renounce the support, affinity, and/or alliance
of anonymous sockpuppets."

My main point being that without them, you and Ferstler would have zero
supporters on Usenet. Even Mikey the Bug Eater has taken to posting under a
phoney name, probably out of shame at your disgustingness and Ferstler's
clownishness. The rest of your and Clerkie's pathetic band of apologists are all
cowardly anonyrodents. torrie****s -- anonymous coward. Stynchblob -- anonymous
coward. Lionella la Salope -- anonymous coward. Not to mention your own
dalliance with sockpuppeting in the recent past.

Sander deWaal

Howard Ferstler said:

Sorry, that's not "the big question". The only big question in audio is: Do
I like the way my system sounds?

Perhaps we should footnote that and ask if you are or are
not deluded. A final question would be: do we want deluded
people polluting the hobby?

You like the way your Scions drive, Howard?
Are you perhaps a "deluded" car owner?

--

"Audio as a serious hobby is going down the tubes."
- Howard Ferstler, 25/4/2005
Arny Krueger

"George Middius" wrote in
message

Stupidborg confesses he's overwhelmed by the complexities

of
the modern world.

When are you going to renounce your sockpuppet

following,
Clerkie?

Show us how to do it, George.

watch the obfuscation begin

The simpler something is, the more difficult for you to
understand it.

Not at all George. Let's start with the possibility, no near
certainty that despite all the lies and half-truths, there
is no such real person as George M. Middius. IOW, you
yourself are a sockpuppet.

Try saying this, Retardoborg: "I renounce the support,
affinity, and/or alliance of anonymous sockpuppets."

You're not answering the question in a meaninful way, are
you Middius?

My main point being that without them, you and Ferstler

would
have zero supporters on Usenet.

My main point being that first and foremost Middius, you
yourself are most likely an anonymous sockpuppet.

My second point would be that you seem to be very concerned
with ill-defined entities called "supporters". That
contrasts with most normal human beings who can actually
post on Usenet without worrying about what supporters are
and why we should be worried about them.

Even Mikey the Bug Eater has
taken to posting under a phoney name, probably out of

shame at
your disgustingness and Ferstler's clownishness.

Middius, you've got me confused with someone who is as
obsessive about Usenet posters and as dependent on being
part of a mob as you are.

The rest of
your and Clerkie's pathetic band of apologists are all
cowardly anonyrodents. torrie****s -- anonymous coward.
Stynchblob -- anonymous coward. Lionella la Salope --
anonymous coward.

Let's say that all of those posters, real, imaginary,
sockpuppets, whatever would disappear forever in the next
hour. Do you seriously think that would mean *anything* at
all to me?

Not to mention your own dalliance with sockpuppeting in

the recent past.

More proof Middius that not only do you obsess over that
which is meaningless, you obsesss over things that never
ever happened.

Let's have a quick review of sockpuppetry, Middius.

One common reason to employ sockpuppets is because one is
afraid to associate one's postings with one's true
identity. A good example of this is you Middius, who
continue to decline to properly identify yourself publicly.
Certainly after your HE2005 debacle, there is no question in
any reasonble person's mind that I'm perfectly willing to
have my real self closely identified with my Usenet persona.

A second common reason to employ sockpuppets is because one
is afraid to express opinions that are uniquely theirs.
Cowardly people such as you Middius commonly employ
sockpuppets to "me too" their own opinions. Certainly after
your HE2005 debacle, there is no question that I'm perfectly
willing express my opinions in person to a room that is full
of people who are known to be highly critical of my
opinions. Why then would I bother with sockpuppets in the
relatively safe context of Usenet?

George Middius

Sander deWaal said:

You like the way your Scions drive, Howard?
Are you perhaps a "deluded" car owner?

Clerkie has a Scion? I read some reviews of the TC, the one that replaces the
Celica. Then I test-drove one. The best description I found is "Celicamry". I.e.
a Honda Accord. G

George Middius

So this is what it's like to have **** where your brains should be.

When are you going to renounce your sockpuppet following,
Clerkie?

Show us how to do it, George.

Try saying this, Retardoborg: "I renounce the support,
affinity, and/or alliance of anonymous sockpuppets."

You're not answering the question in a meaninful way, are
you Middius?

Poor Arnii. The simpler something is, the more difficult it is for you to
understand it.

As an aside, why have you reverted to garbaging up your posts by mangling line
breaks? Several times, you boasted about your clever fix of some utility program
(shareware, no doubt). Now you're back to your slovenly ways.

I recall your explanation to Devil of this aspect of your ****fulness. You tried
denying the facts of your bad behavior, then you belittled those who point it
out, and you conclude by asserting it's "not a problem". A rational person
wonders how you are able to function in a work environment, since you refuse to
accept criticism, refuse to modify your behavior, and refuse to learn new
techniques and technology. Oh wait, I forgot -- you DON'T function in a work
environment. You subsist on a little computer repair work and your disability
insurance payments. Of course you can't be expected to understand personal
responsibility -- you're one of the neediest, the ones who are supported by the
tax dollars of the gainfully employed.

It may not be your fault that you're unable to contribute to society, but it is
your fault that after all these years, you continue to be a disgusting piece of
****. Congratulations on avoiding even the smallest amount of responsibility,
Arnii. Ferstler thinks the world of you, and we all know what that's worth. ;-)

Sander deWaal

George Middius said:

Clerkie has a Scion? I read some reviews of the TC, the one that replaces the
Celica. Then I test-drove one. The best description I found is "Celicamry". I.e.
a Honda Accord. G

Howard and his wife both have one, resp. a xA and a xB.
Which of them drives which, I don't know .

Japanese vehicles never attracted me though (with one possible
exception: the original Nissan/Datsun 240Z. I'm known for my drooling
over old, unreliable cars).

--

"Audio as a serious hobby is going down the tubes."
- Howard Ferstler, 25/4/2005
dave weil

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 20:46:16 +0200, Sander deWaal
wrote:

George Middius said:

Clerkie has a Scion? I read some reviews of the TC, the one that replaces the
Celica. Then I test-drove one. The best description I found is "Celicamry". I.e.
a Honda Accord. G

Howard and his wife both have one, resp. a xA and a xB.
Which of them drives which, I don't know .

Japanese vehicles never attracted me though (with one possible
exception: the original Nissan/Datsun 240Z. I'm known for my drooling
over old, unreliable cars).

Not even the Toyota 2000 GT?

I WILL admit a fondness for my old '79 RX7. That was a FUN car.
MINe 109

Sander deWaal wrote:

George Middius said:

Clerkie has a Scion? I read some reviews of the TC, the one that replaces
the Celica. Then I test-drove one. The best description I found is "Celicamry".
I.e. a Honda Accord. G

Howard and his wife both have one, resp. a xA and a xB.
Which of them drives which, I don't know .

Japanese vehicles never attracted me though (with one possible
exception: the original Nissan/Datsun 240Z. I'm known for my drooling
over old, unreliable cars).

I have an xA in the household. It's not the last word in driving
excitement, but it is inexpensive to buy and run, offers a good view of
the road and has lots more stuff (A/C, anti-lock brakes, stereo) for the
price than the competition. Whether or not you like the looks (I do),
the xA is way more stylish than the Echo it's based on.

For old, I still have my '71 Volvo.

Stephen
Sander deWaal

dave weil said:

Not even the Toyota 2000 GT?

I'm not familiar with that particular model.

I WILL admit a fondness for my old '79 RX7. That was a FUN car.

Is that the one with the Wankel rotation engine?

--

"Audio as a serious hobby is going down the tubes."
- Howard Ferstler, 25/4/2005
Sander deWaal

MINe 109 said:

I have an xA in the household. It's not the last word in driving
excitement, but it is inexpensive to buy and run, offers a good view of
the road and has lots more stuff (A/C, anti-lock brakes, stereo) for the
price than the competition. Whether or not you like the looks (I do),
the xA is way more stylish than the Echo it's based on.

At least (....) the xA isn't the one that looks like a wheely-bin :-)

For old, I still have my '71 Volvo.

Good, good.
How's environmental regulations around your parts?
Do they demand that you put an EGR system on it?

--

"Audio as a serious hobby is going down the tubes."
- Howard Ferstler, 25/4/2005

dave weil

http://home.att.net/~cochrans/toyogt01.htm

I WILL admit a fondness for my old '79 RX7. That was a FUN car.

Is that the one with the Wankel rotation engine?

Yep.
Sander deWaal

dave weil said:

Not even the Toyota 2000 GT?

I'm not familiar with that particular model.

http://home.att.net/~cochrans/toyogt01.htm

Oh yes, definitely sub-zero! (©Jeremy Clarkson)

I WILL admit a fondness for my old '79 RX7. That was a FUN car.

Is that the one with the Wankel rotation engine?

Yep.

That's a nice one as well.
Makes a sound like a vacuum cleaner going berserk.

--

"Audio as a serious hobby is going down the tubes."
- Howard Ferstler, 25/4/2005
Clyde Slick

"George Middius" wrote in message

Arnii, Ferstler thinks the world of you, and we all know what that's
worth. ;-)

Arny's cracked foundation wall will come crumbling down of
its own accord, not with a whack from Ferstler's wrecking ball toy.

Arny Krueger

"George Middius" wrote in
message

A rational person wonders how
you are able to function in a work environment, since you
refuse to accept criticism, refuse to modify your

behavior,
and refuse to learn new techniques and technology.

Gee Middius, its like you are such a sterling example of how
to accept criticism, modify your behavior and learn new
techniques and technology. I've seen zero evidence of you
accomplishing any of those things.

You subsist on a little computer repair work and your

disability insurance payments.

Case in point Middius would be your ongoing delusions that
I'm getting disability payments, or that my computer
business is as limited as you seem to think it is.

Since how one performs in a work environment is so important
to you Middius, why don't you give us some straight answers
about your work experience, past and present.

Arny Krueger

"George Middius" wrote in
message

Sander deWaal said:

You like the way your Scions drive, Howard?
Are you perhaps a "deluded" car owner?

Clerkie has a Scion? I read some reviews of the TC, the

one
that replaces the Celica. Then I test-drove one. The best
description I found is "Celicamry". I.e. a Honda Accord.

Since cars are so important to you, what are you driving
these days, Middius?

Clyde Slick

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"George Middius" wrote in
message

Sander deWaal said:

what are you driving
these days, Middius?

you nuts. He's driving you nuts.

Arny Krueger

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

"George Middius" wrote in

message

Arnii, Ferstler thinks the world of you, and we all know

what
that's worth. ;-)

Arny's cracked foundation wall will come crumbling down of
its own accord, not with a whack from Ferstler's wrecking

ball
toy.

Art, you're losing it again. It's Weil that has the house
with a bad foundation, not I.

Arny Krueger

Sander deWaal said:

what are you driving
these days, Middius?

you nuts. He's driving you nuts.

Art, I'm not the guy who is so upset that his hands are
shaking and he's making null posts tonight, you are.

George M. Middius

Clyde Slick said:

what are you driving
these days, Middius?

you nuts. He's driving you nuts.

I have a Chrysler minivan decorated with Satanic images. And I had the back
of the cabin sawn off so I could mount a Gatlin gun in the bay. I'm a-comin'
to getcha, Arnii!

Clyde Slick

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

"George Middius" wrote in

message

Arnii, Ferstler thinks the world of you, and we all know

what
that's worth. ;-)

Arny's cracked foundation wall will come crumbling down of
its own accord, not with a whack from Ferstler's wrecking

ball
toy.

Art, you're losing it again. It's Weil that has the house
with a bad foundation, not I.

You earned your bonus 25 Frequent Liar points.
Well done!
BTW, I didn't know that you sold your house toWeil, and
that he is now your landlord.

MINe 109

Sander deWaal wrote:

MINe 109 said:

I have an xA in the household. It's not the last word in driving
excitement, but it is inexpensive to buy and run, offers a good view of
the road and has lots more stuff (A/C, anti-lock brakes, stereo) for the
price than the competition. Whether or not you like the looks (I do),
the xA is way more stylish than the Echo it's based on.

At least (....) the xA isn't the one that looks like a wheely-bin :-)

Yep, but I don't mind the xB or the Honda Element. For really ugly:
Pontiac Aztec all the way.

For old, I still have my '71 Volvo.

Good, good.
How's environmental regulations around your parts?
Do they demand that you put an EGR system on it?

We get tailpipe tests for emissions beginning in September. According to
my mechanic my '71 should be exempt. Hmm. This seems important enough to
research: "two through twenty-four model years old..." Okay, off the
hook! My '92 240 (brick!) has to do a "two speed idle" test.

I think the 140 *has* an EGR.

Stephen
Arny Krueger

[dot] net wrote in message

Clyde Slick said:

what are you driving
these days, Middius?

you nuts. He's driving you nuts.

I have a Chrysler minivan decorated with Satanic images.

And I
had the back of the cabin sawn off so I could mount a

Gatlin
gun in the bay. I'm a-comin' to getcha, Arnii!

I don't want you to tell us about your homocidal fantasies
George, I want you to tell us the truth.

Howard Ferstler

wrote:

Clyde Slick wrote:

"Howard Ferstler" wrote in message

I always get a kick out of comments by nobodies like you
when it comes to my published material.

Since nobody actually reads your articles, its
the only feedback you ever get.

OK, I am going to have to introduce you to a new word:
epistemology. It refers to "how we know" something.

So now we get to the "epistemology" of how Howard "knows" that Quad
speakers suck.

No telling. They might. Then, again, they might not. It is
likely that the early Quads could not have done as well with
a live-vs-recorded demo as those AR-3 systems.

No, actually, it's likely that they would have done better.

Speculation. At least Villchur had the balls to do the
live-vs-recorded demos. I do not recall Quad doing anything
like that.

If you had ever really listened to some, you'd know why.

There is more to audio than a flat, direct-field midrange
signal. This assumes that the Quad midrange response was
direct-field flat, of course.

It might sound pleasant with some source materials, but when
it comes to speaker sound I want a bit more proof than your
opinion.

By the way, I did listen to a 57 once. I thought it was very
clear in the midrange, but that it was also so directional
as to be a very difficult speaker to live with. It also had
no bass to speak of.

Howard Ferstler
Arny Krueger

wrote:

Clyde Slick wrote:

[...]

I don't think that Quad 57s have the dynamic range to
attempt such a thing.

A single agressively-played fiddle can be pretty loud!

MINe 109

Howard Ferstler wrote:

At least Villchur had the balls to do the
live-vs-recorded demos. I do not recall Quad doing anything
like that.

Quad had several famous demonstrations. One was the square wave
cancellation test I referred to earlier. Another was connecting
forty amps in sequence (IIRC) without changing the signal.

Maybe someone who knows more about this last one could confirm the
correct details.

Stephen