George M. Middius

Default Trotsky's questionable SPEAKERS -- JUPITER AUDIO

dave weil said:

The other thing of course is the problem that Joe has with language
sometimes. It makes one try to give him the benefit of the doubt, as
it were. I actually thought he might have been actually saying what he
was trying to say.

I thought the same thing -- that the "non-American" parts were a
thing of the past, but he got his verb tenses tangled up. Instead,
he tripped over Krooger's religion.

ScottW

"trotsky" wrote in message

And yet I'm able to start my own speaker company and you're

not. Kind
of makes you sound like a loser, doesn't it Krueger?

I don't know. Can you identify one speaker company that is a
greater loser than yours by this measure.

ROI.

ScottW

ScottW

"trotsky" wrote in message
k.net...
ScottW wrote:

Admit it, you don't know beans about children or parenting.

No
woman would have you, you can't handle the "emotional baggage

of
a relationship, and your parents were dysfunctional. What

other
experiences do you wish to share that will show us your

expertise
on children?

Whoa, Scottie, where did this come from? I'm just discussing

your lack
of integrity in your chosen profession.

No. You're tossing about a couple of often repeated Trotsky
plattitudes. Your integrity has been shown to be non-existant so
you inevitably attempt to turn the table and find fault with my
employer. Thats as lame as me trying to find fault with a
speaker manufacturer cuz some kid will listen to depressing
suicide condoning music and kill himself as a consequence.

Meanwhile I'm gutting it out
trying to do something I *know* is worthwhile.

What you know is a figment of your imagination.

But you're right, I
would set a far better example for kids than you.

Another irrational comment. I never said any such thing. The
more you write, the more insane you prove yourself to be.

ScottW

Arny Krueger

"dave weil" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 5 Oct 2003 05:25:40 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

"Joseph Oberlander" wrote in message
link.net...
Arny Krueger wrote:

In fact, my old JBLs have *zero*
non-U.S. components since I replaced the crossover caps with new,
better ones. (made in England, iirc - definitely not Malaysia or

China)

Umm those British caps would be non-U.S. components, no?

Heh. Got me on that one.

It was a simple mistake. The really tragic part of this thread was where
Weil didn't see the goof even when I pointed it out to him what, twice?

I hardly call it tragic.

Of course Weil, it's part of your habit of whitewashing your own errors.

Of course, I did what you refuse to do and that's admit that I was
wrong when someone who has attacked me constantly in the past has
shown me to be wrong.

You know, a few commas, maybe break it up into sentences, and it would be
decent English.

Unfortunately, your inproperly (sic) formed ego won't let you do the same.

I'm not the guy who is whitewashing his proven error, here.

*That's* tragic and in literature it's called a "fatal flaw".

I'm not the guy who is whitewashing his proven error, here.

The other thing of course is the problem that Joe has with language
sometimes.

I generally have few if any problems decoding his meanings.

It makes one try to give him the benefit of the doubt, as it were.

It's just a matter of language decoding skills.

I actually thought he might have been actually saying what he
was trying to say.

You're wrong again Weil. He clearly said that he said what he meant to say,
but what he meant to say is not exactly the way things were. Like a man, he
recognized his error and corrected himself. You might want to try it
sometime, Weil.

Arny Krueger

"trotsky" wrote in message

Arny Krueger wrote:

It's a proven fact that Singh is so technically incompetent that it is

fair
to say that he doesn't even know the basic technical principles of

operation
of loudspeaker drivers, crossovers or speaker enclosures.

And yet I'm able to start my own speaker company and you're not.

Singh, you remind me of a guy with a can opener who brags about trying to
pick a fight with a M-1 tank. Oh, I forgot to mention, he's already been
blown to smithereens by the M1. The difference between you and him is the
fact that he's smart enough to know when he's dead.

Kind of makes you sound like a loser, doesn't it Krueger?

No, it just means that I'm smart enough to pick my battles a little more
carefully.

Arny Krueger

"dave weil" wrote in message
On Sun, 5 Oct 2003 05:38:24 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

"dave weil" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 3 Oct 2003 08:12:17 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

Also consider what's happened to the market price of systems. Through

the
first half of the 90's a good PC could easily run $2000-3000. Today

$600-800
is more typical. Those numbers are actual dollars. Inflation has been

pretty
low, but these numbers assume its been zero.

No, that would be a false assumption.

It's not an assumption, it's fact! Typical of Weil to deny facts

presented
by people who are actually in the market being discussed. Typical of Weil

not provide well-supported facts of his own.

So, I wonder why calculators continued to drop in price during the 60s
and 70s.

Do try to stick with the discussion at hand which was about PCs.

dave weil

On Sun, 5 Oct 2003 14:22:47 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

You're wrong again Weil. He clearly said that he said what he meant to say,
but what he meant to say is not exactly the way things were. Like a man, he
recognized his error and corrected himself. You might want to try it
sometime, Weil.

I did, Arnold. Convenient of you to overlook it.

It's funny how you seem to do your worst work on Sunday.
dave weil

On Sun, 5 Oct 2003 14:27:29 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

"trotsky" wrote in message

Arny Krueger wrote:

It's a proven fact that Singh is so technically incompetent that it is

fair
to say that he doesn't even know the basic technical principles of

operation
of loudspeaker drivers, crossovers or speaker enclosures.

And yet I'm able to start my own speaker company and you're not.

Singh, you remind me of a guy with a can opener who brags about trying to
pick a fight with a M-1 tank. Oh, I forgot to mention, he's already been
blown to smithereens by the M1. The difference between you and him is the
fact that he's smart enough to know when he's dead.

This has to be a new high in scrambled metaphors.

Kind of makes you sound like a loser, doesn't it Krueger?

No, it just means that I'm smart enough to pick my battles a little more
carefully.

That would be a first. Normally, you're trying to take the high ground
of an anthill with a P-38 and an M-1.
dave weil

On Sun, 5 Oct 2003 14:28:17 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

"dave weil" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 5 Oct 2003 05:38:24 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Also consider what's happened to the market price of systems. Through

the
first half of the 90's a good PC could easily run $2000-3000. Today
$600-800
is more typical. Those numbers are actual dollars. Inflation has been
pretty
low, but these numbers assume its been zero.

No, that would be a false assumption.

It's not an assumption, it's fact! Typical of Weil to deny facts

presented
by people who are actually in the market being discussed. Typical of Weil

not provide well-supported facts of his own.

So, I wonder why calculators continued to drop in price during the 60s
and 70s.

Do try to stick with the discussion at hand which was about PCs.

No, it was about the relationship between technology prices and
inflation.

You really *aren't* the sharpest knife in the drawer, are you?

I win.

Again.
Joseph Oberlander

dave weil wrote:

The other thing of course is the problem that Joe has with language
sometimes. It makes one try to give him the benefit of the doubt, as
it were. I actually thought he might have been actually saying what he
was trying to say.

No, it's that I make most of my posts during the week at 12-2AM
while watching Anime' - lol. I tend to not do as much spell-checking
or grammar/syntax polishing as during the daytime posts.

What I mean to say was that my speakers were 100% U.S. to begin with,
though I did replace the caps with new ones.(U.K. since I couldn't
find any U.S. made ones at the time).

Thanks to your post, I have a source for U.S. made caps, so a
replacement/test session is in the works.

I personally see little difference between the U.K. and U.S. in terms
of my China/Malaysia argument, though. High standards of living and
free market societies with good education and services versus living
in squalor making products in sweatshops.

I have no problem giving my money to any country in Europe, Canada,
Japan(if made *in* Japan), the U.S., or other places like Israel(make
some fine electronics, btw) and Australia.

I've also dropped my recommendation of Tannoy's lower-end speakers
since I learned that they are now using Chinese/etc drivers. Of course,
that leaves very little choices to recommed for budget speakers.

Any candidates under $500 and under $1000 that the group can recommend?

Sockpuppet Yustabe

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message

No, it just means that I'm smart enough to pick my battles a little more
carefully.

You mean that if you weren't as careful about picking fights,
you would get into more scrapes with more people than you
do already ?

trotsky

ScottW wrote:
"trotsky" wrote in message

And yet I'm able to start my own speaker company and you're

not. Kind

of makes you sound like a loser, doesn't it Krueger?

I don't know. Can you identify one speaker company that is a
greater loser than yours by this measure.

ROI.

Scottie, you'll never amount to anything with your life. Quit being so
jealous.

trotsky

ScottW wrote:
"trotsky" wrote in message
k.net...

ScottW wrote:

[...]

No, that's not a valid analogy. Cell phones, while useful, are largely
identified with beatoff behavior. Aren't you ever going to do anything
you can be proud of?

Meanwhile I'm gutting it out
trying to do something I *know* is worthwhile.

What you know is a figment of your imagination.

But you're right, I
would set a far better example for kids than you.

Another irrational comment. I never said any such thing. The
more you write, the more insane you prove yourself to be.

Oh good, now you and Middius are in agreement. And I told him he was
becoming more borg like.

trotsky

Arny Krueger wrote:
"trotsky" wrote in message

Arny Krueger wrote:

It's a proven fact that Singh is so technically incompetent that it is

fair

to say that he doesn't even know the basic technical principles of

operation

of loudspeaker drivers, crossovers or speaker enclosures.

And yet I'm able to start my own speaker company and you're not.

Singh, you remind me of a guy with a can opener who brags about trying to
pick a fight with a M-1 tank.

Interesting--when did this happen? Did you volunteer for LSD testing
when you were in Barvaria (sic)

Oh, I forgot to mention, he's already been
blown to smithereens by the M1. The difference between you and him is the
fact that he's smart enough to know when he's dead.

So in your mind you envision a dead guy with a can opener trying to pick
a fight with a tank? Jeez, and I thought that myth about the loaves and
the fishes was far fetched.

Kind of makes you sound like a loser, doesn't it Krueger?

No, it just means that I'm smart enough to pick my battles a little more
carefully.

That explains why you were too chicken**** to respond to a post that I
posted six times, I suppose.

trotsky

wrote:

"trotsky" wrote in message

Arny Krueger wrote:

It's a proven fact that Singh is so technically incompetent that it is

fair

to say that he doesn't even know the basic technical principles of

operation

of loudspeaker drivers, crossovers or speaker enclosures.

And yet I'm able to start my own speaker company and you're not.

Singh, you remind me of a guy with a can opener who brags about trying to
pick a fight with a M-1 tank. Oh, I forgot to mention, he's already been
blown to smithereens by the M1. The difference between you and him is the
fact that he's smart enough to know when he's dead.

This has to be a new high in scrambled metaphors.

"High" is definitely the operative word. My guess is that Rev. Wick
will be bitching about the missing sacramental wine in the morning.

Sockpuppet Yustabe

"Langis" wrote in message
dave weil siad to Arnold:

It's funny how you seem to do your worst work on Sunday.

Arnold is his most bitterest, when other people are relaxing and
having a chill time. If it's a day of worship, all the better.

His minister's sermon must have pointed out some of Arnie's flaws.
Now he is worried about his eternal future, and it makes him
grouchy.

ScottW

"trotsky" wrote in message

ScottW wrote:
No. You're tossing about a couple of often repeated Trotsky
plattitudes. Your integrity has been shown to be non-existant

so
you inevitably attempt to turn the table and find fault with

my
employer. Thats as lame as me trying to find fault with a
speaker manufacturer cuz some kid will listen to depressing
suicide condoning music and kill himself as a consequence.

No, that's not a valid analogy. Cell phones, while useful, are

largely
identified with beatoff behavior.

Could you say something stupider?

Aren't you ever going to do anything
you can be proud of?

The question here is, will you ever do anything anyone besides
you admires?

Egotistical fool.

ScottW

trotsky

ScottW wrote:

"trotsky" wrote in message

ScottW wrote:

No. You're tossing about a couple of often repeated Trotsky
plattitudes. Your integrity has been shown to be non-existant

so

you inevitably attempt to turn the table and find fault with

my

employer. Thats as lame as me trying to find fault with a
speaker manufacturer cuz some kid will listen to depressing
suicide condoning music and kill himself as a consequence.

No, that's not a valid analogy. Cell phones, while useful, are

largely

identified with beatoff behavior.

Could you say something stupider?

Scottie, if you don't know the myriad ways that cell phones are
responsible for poor public behavior (and in the case of motor vehicles,
safety) you are even lamer than I thought. Are you really this lame?

Aren't you ever going to do anything
you can be proud of?

The question here is, will you ever do anything anyone besides
you admires?

Egotistical fool.

Didn't think you'd be able to answer the question. Next!

ScottW

trotsky wrote in message .net...
ScottW wrote:

"trotsky" wrote in message

ScottW wrote:

No. You're tossing about a couple of often repeated Trotsky
plattitudes. Your integrity has been shown to be non-existant

so

you inevitably attempt to turn the table and find fault with

my

employer. Thats as lame as me trying to find fault with a
speaker manufacturer cuz some kid will listen to depressing
suicide condoning music and kill himself as a consequence.

No, that's not a valid analogy. Cell phones, while useful, are

largely

identified with beatoff behavior.

Could you say something stupider?

Scottie, if you don't know the myriad ways that cell phones are
responsible for poor public behavior (and in the case of motor vehicles,
safety) you are even lamer than I thought. Are you really this lame?

Claiming the cell phone is responsible is typical of a guy who
assumes no responsibility for his own boorish behavior. You are one
dumb ass.

Aren't you ever going to do anything
you can be proud of?

The question here is, will you ever do anything anyone besides
you admires?

Egotistical fool.

Didn't think you'd be able to answer the question. Next!

I choose not to answer your obfuscating questions. You are incapable
of answering my questions. Apparently, you're too stupid to tell the
difference.

ScottW

simple birthsheet question Don Joe Car Audio 4 July 8th 04 03:30 AM
Simple install question Dave Car Audio 1 April 8th 04 05:22 AM
Simple question, but I don't know the answer misifus General 4 February 20th 04 02:32 PM
simple question Mark Zarella Car Audio 1 August 1st 03 12:25 PM
simple crossover question Jive Dadson General 1 July 25th 03 07:23 PM