Some Projects

Old July 23rd 14, 04:34 PM
John L Stewart John L Stewart is offline
Senior Member

Location: Toronto
Smile Some Projects

I've put some of my stuff into PDFs, listed below. Lots or REAL test data, nothing is cooked.

Copy, just ask, cheers, John

1) A 3 Watt fully integrated power amp & preamp inside a Hammond 8x12x3 chassis. Lineup is a 12AX7 magnetic pickup/mike front end, 12AX7 Baxandall tone controls & 6AU6/6AQ5 feedback pair as output thru a Hammond 125D OPT. 548 KB
2) A Different Kind of Triode Amp. 6080/6AS7G is difficult to drive by RC coupling. This article uses bootstrapping as a way around the problem. 30 Watts using a pair of 6080s. There are two articles in this PDF. 1850 KB
3) A Practical Circlotron. PP KT66’s thru a Hammond OPT of special impedance. Several alternative OPT configurations are covered. Front end is differential 6SL7 followed by differential bootstrapped 6SN7. 55 Watts output. 985 KB
4) Norman Crowhurst’s Twin Coupled Amp. Two articles combined in this on. Front ends are Differential 6SL7s & 6SN7s. 37 watts at clipping using a pair of 6LU8s in one while 15 watts at clipping for the PP 6V6GT version. 1592 KB
5) The 33 Amp. A look at what is possible with battery operated 2 volt tubes. PP Triode & UL versions are covered. Input is a 1B5/25S, triode connected 33 as driver thru Interstage Transformer to PP 33s. 2.5 Watts in triode mode, 4.5 watts in UL. 662 KB
6) The Constant Current Regulator as a useful piece of Test Equipment. All in a small Hammond box but can be built anyway you like. Includes actual test data on various LEDs, incandescent bulbs, SS rectifiers & transformer windings. 552 KB
More later time allowing.
Attached Images

Old March 26th 15, 11:45 PM posted to rec.audio.tubes

Default Some Projects

On Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at 6:34:46 PM UTC+3, John L Stewart wrote:
> I've put some of my stuff into PDFs, listed below. Lots or REAL test
> data, nothing is cooked.
>
> Copy, just ask, cheers, John
>
> 1) A 3 Watt fully integrated power amp & preamp inside a Hammond 8x12x3
> chassis. Lineup is a 12AX7 magnetic pickup/mike front end, 12AX7
> Baxandall tone controls & 6AU6/6AQ5 feedback pair as output thru a
> Hammond 125D OPT. 548 KB
> 2) A Different Kind of Triode Amp. 6080/6AS7G is difficult to drive by
> RC coupling. This article uses bootstrapping as a way around the
> problem. 30 Watts using a pair of 6080s. There are two articles in this
> PDF. 1850 KB
> 3) A Practical Circlotron. PP KT66�s thru a Hammond OPT of special
> impedance. Several alternative OPT configurations are covered. Front end
> is differential 6SL7 followed by differential bootstrapped 6SN7. 55
> Watts output. 985 KB
> 4) Norman Crowhurst�s Twin Coupled Amp. Two articles combined in this
> on. Front ends are Differential 6SL7s & 6SN7s. 37 watts at clipping
> using a pair of 6LU8s in one while 15 watts at clipping for the PP 6V6GT
> version. 1592 KB
> 5) The 33 Amp. A look at what is possible with battery operated 2 volt
> tubes. PP Triode & UL versions are covered. Input is a 1B5/25S, triode
> connected 33 as driver thru Interstage Transformer to PP 33s. 2.5 Watts
> in triode mode, 4.5 watts in UL. 662 KB
> 6) The Constant Current Regulator as a useful piece of Test Equipment.
> All in a small Hammond box but can be built anyway you like. Includes
> actual test data on various LEDs, incandescent bulbs, SS rectifiers &
> transformer windings. 552 KB
> More later time allowing.

> |Filename: Avater.gif |
> |Download: http://www.audiobanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=407|
>

> --
> John L Stewart

Please send the PDF file to my email. thanks
Old May 14th 15, 12:36 PM posted to rec.audio.tubes
Jim Candela

On Thursday, March 26, 2015 at 6:45:44 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> On Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at 6:34:46 PM UTC+3, John L Stewart wrote:
> > I've put some of my stuff into PDFs, listed below. Lots or REAL test
> > data, nothing is cooked.
> >
> > Copy, just ask, cheers, John
> >
> > 1) A 3 Watt fully integrated power amp & preamp inside a Hammond 8x12x3
> > chassis. Lineup is a 12AX7 magnetic pickup/mike front end, 12AX7
> > Baxandall tone controls & 6AU6/6AQ5 feedback pair as output thru a
> > Hammond 125D OPT. 548 KB
> > 2) A Different Kind of Triode Amp. 6080/6AS7G is difficult to drive by
> > RC coupling. This article uses bootstrapping as a way around the
> > problem. 30 Watts using a pair of 6080s. There are two articles in this
> > PDF. 1850 KB
> > 3) A Practical Circlotron. PP KT66�s thru a Hammond OPT of special
> > impedance. Several alternative OPT configurations are covered. Front end
> > is differential 6SL7 followed by differential bootstrapped 6SN7. 55
> > Watts output. 985 KB
> > 4) Norman Crowhurst�s Twin Coupled Amp. Two articles combined in this
> > on. Front ends are Differential 6SL7s & 6SN7s. 37 watts at clipping
> > using a pair of 6LU8s in one while 15 watts at clipping for the PP 6V6GT
> > version. 1592 KB
> > 5) The 33 Amp. A look at what is possible with battery operated 2 volt
> > tubes. PP Triode & UL versions are covered. Input is a 1B5/25S, triode
> > connected 33 as driver thru Interstage Transformer to PP 33s. 2.5 Watts
> > in triode mode, 4.5 watts in UL. 662 KB
> > 6) The Constant Current Regulator as a useful piece of Test Equipment.
> > All in a small Hammond box but can be built anyway you like. Includes
> > actual test data on various LEDs, incandescent bulbs, SS rectifiers &
> > transformer windings. 552 KB
> > More later time allowing.
> >

> > +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
> > |Filename: Avater.gif |
> > |Download: http://www.audiobanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=407|
> > +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
> >

> > --
> > John L Stewart

> Please send the PDF file to my email. thanks

Also send PDF's to me, jcandela A_T prodigy.net. Thanks

Jim Candela
Old May 17th 15, 04:58 PM posted to rec.audio.tubes
Paul Babiak

On 07/23/2014 11:34 AM, John L Stewart wrote:

> I've put some of my stuff into PDFs, listed below. Lots or REAL test
> data, nothing is cooked.
>
> Copy, just ask, cheers, John

Please send copies to:

Thanks.

Cheers, Paul

Old May 18th 15, 02:30 PM
John L Stewart John L Stewart is offline
Senior Member

Location: Toronto
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Babiak View Post
On 07/23/2014 11:34 AM, John L Stewart wrote:

> I've put some of my stuff into PDFs, listed below. Lots or REAL test
> data, nothing is cooked.
>
> Copy, just ask, cheers, John

Please send copies to:

Thanks.

Cheers, Paul
OK Paul, on the way to you seperately, John
Attached Images

Old May 31st 15, 10:38 PM
John L Stewart John L Stewart is offline
Senior Member

Location: Toronto
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by John L Stewart View Post
[...]

New Projects
I’ve added a few more to the group as follows-

Power Frequency Ripple Reduction-

This note describes a simple, low cost power supply improvement. It allows reduction of the power frequency ripple component (60 Hz in North America & 50 Hz in Europe) by up too 20 db. The problem this modification resolves occurs only in center tapped, full wave rectifier circuits.

An Affordable SE Triode Amp-

If one throws enough money at a project, then most anything is possible. For this project I was looking to go the other way. The objective was to build a single ended triode (SET) amp of reasonable performance & low cost. It was 1999 & I had $100.00 in mind.

Sequel to Low Cost SET Amp for Newbies-

This project was originally published in the Glass Audio Projects book of April 2002 with 16 other vacuum tube designs. It is a follow on to the earlier Affordable SE Amp published in The Glass Audio Magazine of July 2000. This version includes a circuit modification to reduce power frequency ripple in the high voltage supply.

Here it is with more power.

Amplifier Burst Testing-

When your amplifier is driven hard, it’s power supply in most cases will sag. There are few exceptions. Even a Class A amplifier pulls a little more current at full output than it does at no signal. As you progress into Class AB & farther, the output stage will need more current & your power supply voltage will drop even further. Because of cost it is customary that only instrumentation amplifiers have a regulated power supply.

Just Ask johnnhelen4 a_t gmail dot com
Attached Images

Studio Projects C1? Phillip Pro Audio 15 February 8th 06 05:44 PM
Do it yourself projects Pultec EQ [email protected] Pro Audio 6 December 29th 04 01:03 AM
Studio Projects 828 mic pre Eric Bauer Pro Audio 4 October 2nd 04 03:08 PM
Studio Projects 828 mic pre Eric Bauer Pro Audio 0 October 1st 04 10:11 PM
Studio Projects C1 Mikey G. Pro Audio 3 April 2nd 04 10:22 AM