M. MacDonald

Default Anyone know of a good potentiometer cleaner?

Getting really tired of taking the potentiometer out to clean and get rid of
the noise in
the volume control. Cleaning lasts for about a month and then noise
returns.

Any ideas on how to stop the volume from getting noisy? Dielectric grease
maybe?

(fwiw, control is no longer made to fit (stacked-case design) so that's not
an option)

Mack

Karl Uppiano

"M. MacDonald" wrote in message
Getting really tired of taking the potentiometer out to clean and get rid
of the noise in
the volume control. Cleaning lasts for about a month and then noise
returns.

Any ideas on how to stop the volume from getting noisy? Dielectric grease
maybe?

(fwiw, control is no longer made to fit (stacked-case design) so that's
not an option)

Mack

Try this: http://shopping.netledger.com/caigstore

"Karl Uppiano" wrote in

"M. MacDonald" wrote in message
Getting really tired of taking the potentiometer out to clean and get
rid of the noise in
the volume control. Cleaning lasts for about a month and then noise
returns.

Any ideas on how to stop the volume from getting noisy? Dielectric
grease maybe?

(fwiw, control is no longer made to fit (stacked-case design) so that's
not an option)

Mack

Try this: http://shopping.netledger.com/caigstore

Rumor has it that Radio Shack is stocking Caig Deoxit and more.

Mike Gilmour

"R" wrote in message
. ..
"Karl Uppiano" wrote in

"M. MacDonald" wrote in message
Getting really tired of taking the potentiometer out to clean and get
rid of the noise in
the volume control. Cleaning lasts for about a month and then noise
returns.

Any ideas on how to stop the volume from getting noisy? Dielectric
grease maybe?

(fwiw, control is no longer made to fit (stacked-case design) so that's
not an option)

Mack

Try this: http://shopping.netledger.com/caigstore

Rumor has it that Radio Shack is stocking Caig Deoxit and more.

If changing is not an option then try checking the slider pressure on the
track (if accessible) as it may be too weak.

Mike

Karl Uppiano

If changing is not an option then try checking the slider pressure on the
track (if accessible) as it may be too weak.

I would try the Caig products first. Bending stuff could have a permanent
negative effect. When I was working in the broadcasting and electronics mfg
industries, we used the Caig products a lot. They're definitely worthwhile,
and beats the heck out of those Freon-based and/or silicon-oil-based
products. Caig has a whole line of cleaners, lubricants, de-oxidizers, etc.,
and they really do work (and have a lasting effect). And no, I don't work
for Caig. :-)

Geoff Wood

"Karl Uppiano" wrote in message
If changing is not an option then try checking the slider pressure on the
track (if accessible) as it may be too weak.

I would try the Caig products first. Bending stuff could have a permanent
negative effect. When I was working in the broadcasting and electronics
mfg industries, we used the Caig products a lot. They're definitely
worthwhile, and beats the heck out of those Freon-based and/or
silicon-oil-based products. Caig has a whole line of cleaners, lubricants,
de-oxidizers, etc., and they really do work (and have a lasting effect).
And no, I don't work for Caig. :-)

For pots the appropriate product is Cailube.

geoff