JohnvD

Default anybody here know anything about NAIM ?? please help

Hello,

I hope there is someone here who knows Naim well and is not afflicted
with the Naim-is-holy virus and therefore has an open mind.

Recently I bought a 2nd hand NAIM IXO active cross-over. I want to hook
it up to a NAD 350 integrated amp. (I know Iknow, I will replace it
later, but it sounds pretty good and at least it works without hums
and/or hisses), using Nad pre out for IXO in and Nad main in for IXO low
out. For the IXO high out I will use a 20 Watt class A I built myself.

NAIM uses 4-pin DIN plugs to connect (don't ask), so I had to make
interlinks from *^%$% DIN to cinch. After hooking this up I was greeted
by a loud hum , which decreased as you turned the low/high level
adjustments on the back of the Naim fully open.

This really ****ed me off, and I do not understand what is wrong, the
Nad is fine, the IXO appears fine, meaning that it did work, the only
problem was that this damn hum pretty much drowned out the music.
Maybe an earth loop, but how ?

Since Naim is pretty expensive, even 2nd hand, and I do want to get it
working, I could really do with the help of a Naim insider. Maybe there
is some Naim macic you have to perform beforehand, I don't know...

Many thnx in advance,
JohnvD