Posted to rec.audio.high-end
David Zeit David Zeit is offline

Default Rotel or Denon

Marantz 63 SE is in need of repair.......better to spend money on new cd
player? If so which one Rotel is 700 Denon is 300. Is Rotel that much
better?
Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Greg Wormald Greg Wormald is offline

In article ,
David Zeit wrote:

Marantz 63 SE is in need of repair.......better to spend money on new cd
player? If so which one Rotel is 700 Denon is 300. Is Rotel that much
better?

I recently retired my 63SE for a Harman Kardon HD970--and have enjoyed
CD more than ever. Most reviews of this unit make it out to be a 'giant
killer', to me it just sounds very good, more like my high-end turntable
than the 63 ever did.
Greg
Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Guido Neitzer Guido Neitzer is offline

David Zeit wrote:

Marantz 63 SE is in need of repair.......better to spend money on new cd
player? If so which one Rotel is 700 Denon is 300. Is Rotel that much
better?

We got the Rotel RCD-1072 and are pretty happy with it. We didn't
compare players much but got what fitted the look of the rest of the
system. It sounded good and I couldn't find any difference in CD-Players
between 500 and 1000 Canadian Dollars so we got the Rotel and we were
very happy with it.

Currently we are waiting for our "upgrade" - the Rotel equipment will
move to a second room (more dedicated for video [nevertheless stereo
only]) and the living room will get Musical Fidelity A5 amplifier and
CD-Player. The A5 CD is one of the finest I've ever heard and can keep
up with about anything in my opinion (and taste), especially with
"audiophile" priced players over 5000 CAD.

We do the upgrade mainly for the amplifier because the RA-1062 was a bit
stressed on dynamics as our living room is quite big and well damped. So
I was looking for an affordable replacement for the amp and got a very
good price on the A5 combo including full warranty and so on. If that
wouldn't have been the case we would have stayed with the Rotel player.

cug

--
http://www.event-s.net