Posted to rec.audio.tech
Healthy Stealthy Healthy Stealthy is offline

Default wharfedale speakers for computers?

Hi,
I have wharfedale monitors for my Yamaha motif.
I would like to use these speakers to listen to audio off of my Mac G4
and Dell Inspiron.
How could I set it up so my computer audio can play off of these
speakers?
Thanks.
Posted to rec.audio.tech
jakdedert jakdedert is offline

Healthy Stealthy wrote:
Hi,
I have wharfedale monitors for my Yamaha motif.
I would like to use these speakers to listen to audio off of my Mac G4
and Dell Inspiron.
How could I set it up so my computer audio can play off of these
speakers?
Thanks.

Get a stereo integrated amplifier (or receiver). Connect an adapter
cable (2.5 mm stereo phone plug to two RCA plugs) from the computer
'line out' to the amplifier 'line in' jacks. Hook the speakers up to
the amplifier.

Turn the amp on and adjust the volume.

(Unless your Wharfedales are amplified. In this case just buy the
appropriate cables and plug them in.)

jak
Posted to rec.audio.tech

"jakdedert" wrote ...
Healthy Stealthy wrote:
Hi,
I have wharfedale monitors for my Yamaha motif.
I would like to use these speakers to listen to audio off of my Mac G4
and Dell Inspiron.
How could I set it up so my computer audio can play off of these
speakers?
Thanks.

Get a stereo integrated amplifier (or receiver). Connect an adapter cable
(2.5 mm stereo phone plug to two RCA plugs) from the computer 'line out'
to the amplifier 'line in' jacks. Hook the speakers up to the amplifier.

The connectors on computers tend to be the more common 3.5mm
variety. 2.5mm are more often used for cellphone headsets, etc.

Turn the amp on and adjust the volume.

(Unless your Wharfedales are amplified. In this case just buy the
appropriate cables and plug them in.)

Indeed the question almost seems too simple, or else something was
left out.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Healthy Stealthy wrote:

Hi,
I have wharfedale monitors for my Yamaha motif.

What's a "Yamaha motif"?

Computer speakers are only needed to make brrrm brrrm noises, screams,
squeals, gunshots and sounds of people being slaughtered. A $10 speaker
can do that.

Wharfedale is way OTT for the purpose.

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

jakdedert wrote:

Healthy Stealthy wrote:
Hi,
I have wharfedale monitors for my Yamaha motif.
I would like to use these speakers to listen to audio off of my Mac G4
and Dell Inspiron.
How could I set it up so my computer audio can play off of these
speakers?
Thanks.

Get a stereo integrated amplifier (or receiver). Connect an adapter
cable (2.5 mm stereo phone plug to two RCA plugs) from the computer
'line out' to the amplifier 'line in' jacks. Hook the speakers up to
the amplifier.

Turn the amp on and adjust the volume.

(Unless your Wharfedales are amplified. In this case just buy the
appropriate cables and plug them in.)

Or stick 240V up his arse. That'll give a good sound of humanity being
extinguished.

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.tech
[email protected] ottguit@hotmail.com is offline

What's a "Yamaha motif"?

Seems to be a Synthesizer keyboard.
Bg
Posted to rec.audio.tech
jakdedert jakdedert is offline

Richard Crowley wrote:
"jakdedert" wrote ...
Healthy Stealthy wrote:
Hi,
I have wharfedale monitors for my Yamaha motif.
I would like to use these speakers to listen to audio off of my Mac G4
and Dell Inspiron.
How could I set it up so my computer audio can play off of these
speakers?
Thanks.

Get a stereo integrated amplifier (or receiver). Connect an adapter cable
(2.5 mm stereo phone plug to two RCA plugs) from the computer 'line out'
to the amplifier 'line in' jacks. Hook the speakers up to the amplifier.

The connectors on computers tend to be the more common 3.5mm
variety. 2.5mm are more often used for cellphone headsets, etc.

Late-night posting...must get some sleep.

Turn the amp on and adjust the volume.

(Unless your Wharfedales are amplified. In this case just buy the
appropriate cables and plug them in.)

Indeed the question almost seems too simple, or else something was
left out.

You never know. It's why I gave a simple answer. I wondered what a
Yamaha motif was, too. Unless the OP pops in to acknowledge, it's all moot.

jak
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Sebastian Zuendorf Sebastian Zuendorf is offline

jakdedert wrote:

You never know. It's why I gave a simple answer. I wondered what a
Yamaha motif was, too. Unless the OP pops in to acknowledge, it's all moot.

It's a synthesizer:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamaha_Motif

Sebastian

--
F: Was ist ein Mathematiker?
A: Ein Gerät das Kaffee in Behauptungen umwandelt.

Die Partyband vom Niederrhein: http://www.stimmtso.net
Posted to rec.audio.tech

Sebastian Zuendorf wrote:
jakdedert wrote:

You never know. It's why I gave a simple answer. I wondered what a
Yamaha motif was, too. Unless the OP pops in to acknowledge, it's all moot.

It's a synthesizer:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamaha_Motif

Sebastian

The OP's imperfect capitalization--which seemed to imply that it was a
decorating scheme (motif)--threw me off. The wiki article didn't
indicate the output connectors on the unit; but the original advice
still stands...with suitable modification for that parameter.

jak