TA7205

Default Need help/ repairing Punch 800a2

Hi;
This amp, is by far in the worst condition that I've ever tackled before.

I have replaced all 20 9640 and 640 outputs and their series resistors.
Also replaced many bad smd resistors and transistors.

The right channel seems to be working okay, but the left is causing me
problems.
If I power it up the amps draws excessive current and I can see the volt meter
on my P/S "pump"

If I pull a couple of the series res. out of the circuit on the left side, it
will power up okay but the left channel audio is distorted.

Checked and double checked all smd and regular resistors and trans. I'm pretty
damn sure that I got all of them. I've been over this thing with a fine-tooth
comb !
Even double checked soldering. I put a scope on the front end op amps to see
if they are "romping" the input of the drivers. Looks okay.

I'm completely out of my mind to think that someone may have a schemo on this
creature aren't I ?
Hate getting into these when they're that bad, but ya got to make a living !
If anyone has any advice, I'm all ears !!

TIA,
Rick

PPI 2150AM AMP, Worth repairing?? Joey Car Audio 3 January 23rd 04 11:32 PM
repairing drivers malcolm Tech 0 December 24th 03 03:03 AM
repairing foam speaker surrounds Dan Car Audio 1 August 29th 03 04:56 PM
Punch HX2 2212 or Image Dyanmics ID12 V3?? Paul Vina Car Audio 0 July 5th 03 08:15 AM