Charles Herold

Default anyone care to hazard a guess as to the cause of my flashing JVC?

Someone just gave me a JVC Receiver (RX-205). When I plug it in, the
display flashes constantly, and the speakers don't work. So my best
guess is I need to open it up and check the speaker fuses, although
the amplifiers I've had usually had a separate fuse for each speaker
so it's odd that all four are out. I thought I'd just ask if anyone
is familiar with this JVC or something similar (i.e. relatively old)
and knows of anything else that would cause this. Except for the
speakers and the flashing it works fine; I'm running the headphone
jack into the tape input of the semi-broken integrated amp I've been
using and that works fine. so at least I can listen to my LPs again.

Any ideas, or do I just have to open it up and check the fuses?