Default Electrical suggestions for an older civic

I have a 1995 Civic (1.5L engine), and am going to be powering 4 amps.
I know that I will be severely abusing my battery if I don't do some
major electrical work. I was thinking a beefier alternator, a second
battery in the truck, and possibly a cap.

The amps I have a

JBL BP1200.1 (1200RMS x1 @ 2 ohms)
Running 3 Infinity Kappa Perfect 12 VQ subs

JBL BP600.1 (600RMS x1 @ 2 ohms)
Powering 2 undecided 8" subs in the front of the car

Eclipse PA5422 (230RMS x2 @ 2ohms)
Powering 2 Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1's per channel

JL 300/2 (150RMS x2 @ 4 ohms)
Powering 1 Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 per channel

(2560RMS total)

(I already have everything but one 12VQ, two pairs 6.1, two 8" subs,
the 2nd/3rd battery, and big alternator. Any suggestions for 8" subs
[SQ, I'm going for sound, I'll have plenty of SPL] will def. be taken
into consideration.)

I was wondering what the best way to go about my electrical problem
with all that power being drawn.

I have 2 8g wires going to the trunk already and am not to exited about
having to run 4 or 2g wire to my trunk if I don't have to. I would
place a second and beefier battery in my trunk, and maybe a cap going
to the 1200.1 (although would perfer doing a 3rd battery before
resorting to a cap.) I would run 4g wire from the 2nd battery to the
JBL amps, and 8g to the JL and Eclipse. (Any suggestions here would be
appreciated.)

My car is pretty old so I'm not to interested is spending a whole lot
on stuff I can't put in a new car. An alternator is cool, but I don't
want to do much more than that.

If I could get some suggestions on a new alternator, and what gauge
wire I would need, that would be great. I just want my system to sound
its best and to have the power available to my amps when they need it.
(and the headlights not to be strobe lights).

Thanks
Ed

MZ

A second battery is not going to help you. In fact, it's just placing one
more load on the alternator. Just make sure that your current battery is
healthy (so that it's not drawing too much current from your alt), and
replace it with a decent one if it's not. You can look into replacement
alternators or having yours rewound. But you may just be better off
installing the equipment and seeing what happens. If it's drawing too much,
just keep the volume down to loud-as-hell levels instead of earth-shattering
levels until you fix the problem.

oups.com...