Posted to rec.audio.pro
Gregory[_7_] Gregory[_7_] is offline

Default Zoom H2 vs H4

Hello, I've often heard it mentioned that the H2 sounds better than the H4.
Is this actually the case and if so in what way and to what degree. Why
would this be? seems to me it would be most cost effective for them to share
many components? thanks in advance. greg

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ralf R. Radermacher Ralf R. Radermacher is offline

Gregory wrote:

Hello, I've often heard it mentioned that the H2 sounds better than the H4.

I doesn't.

But maybe my judgement doesn't count because I have them both. ;-)

Ralf

--
Ralf R. Radermacher - DL9KCG - Köln/Cologne, Germany
private homepage: http://www.fotoralf.de
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

On Mar 20, 4:18 pm, "Gregory" wrote:
Hello, I've often heard it mentioned that the H2 sounds better than the H4.
Is this actually the case and if so in what way and to what degree.

I haven't put them side by side so I can't say. I can say that neither
of them will replace my good mics, placed properly, with good preamps
and A/D converters. Neither one sucked, so I don't really care which
one sounds better, if one really does (or how, if it does).

My vote goes for the one that's most convenient to use that doesn't
suck, and for that, the H2 is the winner. The fact that it costs a
little less is a nice bonus. Pro Audio Review did a shootout between
the Zoom H4 and M-Audio MicroTrack in the August 2007 issue. You can
probably find the review on line at http://www.proaudioreview.com. A
quick review suggests that the MicroTrack wins the bench test, but
there are some operating considerations discussed in the article as
well.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] ganttmann@comcast.net is offline

How do they compare? Does it sound worse? The same?

Thanks!

Gantt

It doesn't.

Hello, I've often heard it mentioned that the H2 sounds better than the H4.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
H. Schaap H. Schaap is offline

"Ralf R. Radermacher" schreef in bericht
I doesn't.

But maybe my judgement doesn't count because I have them both. ;-)

Ralf

LOL, at least you listen with your ears here in RAP ;-)

Here are some samples of different portable recorders:

http://www.wingfieldaudio.com/portab...d-samples.html

Henk

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] ganttmann@comcast.net is offline