Mike Prager

Default Behringer Ultracurve Pro DEQ2496

Has anyone here tried this unit - an inexpensive parametric
equalizer and RTA? In particular, I'm wondering if the A/D
and D/A conversion might be more transparent than the previous
model (Ultracurve Pro DSP8024), which was reported to be good,
but not great in that respect.

Mike Prager
North Carolina, USA

ludovic mirabel

Mike Prager wrote in message news:OeDxb.135563$Dw6.573645@attbi_s02...
Has anyone here tried this unit - an inexpensive parametric
equalizer and RTA? In particular, I'm wondering if the A/D
and D/A conversion might be more transparent than the previous
model (Ultracurve Pro DSP8024), which was reported to be good,
but not great in that respect.

Mike Prager
North Carolina, USA

I have no experience with DEQ 2496 but I have two 2084s ( one
for the bass woofers).
I have 30 years of experience with analogue equalisers including
"professional" units. I disliked them all and finally designed my own
and published it in the "Audio Amateur"
Behringer 2084 is infinitely superior to anything analogue I
ever tried- including my own effort. It is the first unit I ever had
with a Q narrow to a vanishing point and the first unit I can not
"hear".
If the new version is even better I can only envy you. I
paid twice as much for my units as you will pay for yours. At the new
price it is a bargain. Borrow one and try it for yourself.
Ludovic Mirabel

Mike Prager

ludovic mirabel wrote:

I have no experience with DEQ 2496 but I have two 2084s ( one
for the bass woofers).

[...]
Behringer 2084 is infinitely superior to anything analogue I
ever tried- including my own effort. It is the first unit I ever had
with a Q narrow to a vanishing point and the first unit I can not
"hear".

Ludovic,

Thank you for the reply! I was wondering, are you using its
A/D and D/A conversions, or are you using the optional AES/EBU
inputs and outputs (now standard)?

Mike Prager
North Carolina, USA
ludovic mirabel

ludovic mirabel wrote:

I have no experience with DEQ 2496 but I have two 2084s ( one
for the bass woofers).

[...]
Behringer 2084 is infinitely superior to anything analogue I
ever tried- including my own effort. It is the first unit I ever had
with a Q narrow to a vanishing point and the first unit I can not
"hear".

Ludovic,

Thank you for the reply! I was wondering, are you using its
A/D and D/A conversions, or are you using the optional AES/EBU
inputs and outputs (now standard)?

Mike Prager
North Carolina, USA

I did not use ABS/EBU inputs ( an option for purchase in 8024 version)
I'd guess that it should be preferable on the principle that the
simplest is always the best (other things being equal). This is just a
hunch not backed by use or technical knowledge because I have neither.
Ludovic Mirabel

Behringer B1 or C1??? Rob A General 0 July 27th 04 10:58 AM
Recording Gear for sale! Behringer Eurorack Mx2004a Alexis Anthony General 0 July 13th 04 07:46 PM
Behringer Eurorack UB802 question? TheKeith General 5 March 3rd 04 12:41 AM