Default Which of these two has "better" mic pres?

Behringer Eurorack MX2642 (
http://www.behringer.com/MX2642A/index.cfm?lang=ENG )

-and-

Art 418 line mixer (
http://www.artproaudio.com/products_...&type=88&show=
)

I know that probably neither of these are considered "good" by any
standards, but it's what I have at the moment. I don't have a very
good environment for testing out something as hard to hear as a mic
preamp, so hopefully y'all's collective experience can answer this
question. Thanks.

-steve

hank alrich

I don't have a very
good environment for testing out something as hard to hear as a mic
preamp, so hopefully y'all's collective experience can answer this
question.

I'm sure lots of people here have both those to audition for you... not.

However they sound to you is what counts. If you can't tell how they
sound to you, neither can I.

--
ha
Scott Dorsey

Behringer Eurorack MX2642 (
http://www.behringer.com/MX2642A/index.cfm?lang=ENG )

-and-

Art 418 line mixer (
http://www.artproaudio.com/products_...&type=88&show=
)

I know that probably neither of these are considered "good" by any
standards, but it's what I have at the moment. I don't have a very
good environment for testing out something as hard to hear as a mic
preamp, so hopefully y'all's collective experience can answer this
question. Thanks.

Well, by definition, a line mixer doesn't have any mike preamps, right?
Otherwise it would be a mike mixer....
John

On 3/6/05 1:45 AM, in article
, "
wrote:

Behringer Eurorack MX2642 (
http://www.behringer.com/MX2642A/index.cfm?lang=ENG )

-and-

Art 418 line mixer (
http://www.artproaudio.com/products_...&type=88&show=
)

I know that probably neither of these are considered "good" by any
standards, but it's what I have at the moment. I don't have a very
good environment for testing out something as hard to hear as a mic
preamp, so hopefully y'all's collective experience can answer this
question. Thanks.

Why exactly does it matter at all to you?
Use them.
Then decide what you like each of them for.
If you can;t hear the difference, what's the problem?

elecbanana

First of all, I thought they called it a line mixer, but perhaps they
didn't. I don't know. But it does have mic pre's and they can be set
to have direct outs. Also, I play enough instruments and stuff to know
that the ultimate test is how it sounds to you. However, when a
professional is looking for a saxophone, they don't try out every
single horn out there. They know the various reputations and they
guide themselves by it so as to not waste their time. Also, I like to
weigh other people's opinions because I know my ears are constantly
getting better and that other people can hear things I can't. Think
about it, a newbie wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the
preamp on their soundblaster sound card and a Universal Audio tube
preamp. I'm not down there, but I don't think I'm at the top either.
Basically, I would rather learn than learn the hard way.

elecbanana