Posted to rec.audio.pro
Linda Smith Linda Smith is offline

Default Pricing Hammond A101

I inherited a Hammond A101 with pedals, a Leslie 45 with amplifer in it, 4 boxes of parts and cords. I think it's in good condition but it hasn't been played in a couple of years. I've been offered $1000. I'm on the West Coast where I guess they don't sell well. Should I take the offer?
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

In article ,
Linda Smith wrote:
I inherited a Hammond A101 with pedals, a Leslie 45 with amplifer in it, 4 =
boxes of parts and cords. I think it's in good condition but it hasn't been=
played in a couple of years. I've been offered $1000. I'm on the West Coa=
st where I guess they don't sell well. Should I take the offer?

Around here, a Leslie that has been cleaned up and serviced is probably worth
$1000 alone. But.... if it's been sitting in a closet for years, it could be
quite a few hours of labor to clean it up and service it.

The A101 isn't worth much, which I don't understand because it's a great
instrument. The Leslie is probably worth a good bit more than the organ is.

I would think $1000 for the set is reasonable since you're selling something
in unknown condition that is going to need a lot of service because it can
be played. If you want to get it cleaned up you could get a good bit more
money out of it, but do you want to do that?

Oh... and.... PLEASE don't turn it on without oiling the motor and tone
generator first! People get these things out of closets, turn them on, and
burn the motor windings up because the motors can't take any slip.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Klay Anderson[_2_] Klay Anderson[_2_] is offline

On Monday, August 3, 2015 at 7:37:19 AM UTC-6, Linda Smith wrote:
I inherited a Hammond A101 with pedals, a Leslie 45 with amplifer in it, 4 boxes of parts and cords. I think it's in good condition but it hasn't been played in a couple of years. I've been offered $1000.

We used to own the original B3 from Santana. We carted that heavy bugger and its Leslie all over the US. Always worked great, but it played "Black Magic Woman" every time we started it up.

Yours truly,

Mr. Klay Anderson, D.A.,Q.B.E.
Klay Anderson Audio, Inc.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Monday, August 3, 2015 at 10:05:06 AM UTC-4, Scott Dorsey wrote:
In article ,
Linda Smith wrote:
I inherited a Hammond A101 with pedals, a Leslie 45 with amplifer in it, 4 =
boxes of parts and cords. I think it's in good condition but it hasn't been=
played in a couple of years. I've been offered $1000. I'm on the West Coa=
st where I guess they don't sell well. Should I take the offer?

Around here, a Leslie that has been cleaned up and serviced is probably worth
$1000 alone. But.... if it's been sitting in a closet for years, it could be
quite a few hours of labor to clean it up and service it.

I agree with Scott. My Dad left behind a big (Hammond?) organ with two tier keyboard and Leslie, all in one piece, but continually needed service, mainly electrical contacts.

Jack

The A101 isn't worth much, which I don't understand because it's a great
instrument. The Leslie is probably worth a good bit more than the organ is.

I would think $1000 for the set is reasonable since you're selling something
in unknown condition that is going to need a lot of service because it can
be played. If you want to get it cleaned up you could get a good bit more
money out of it, but do you want to do that?

Oh... and.... PLEASE don't turn it on without oiling the motor and tone
generator first! People get these things out of closets, turn them on, and
burn the motor windings up because the motors can't take any slip.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Randy Yates[_2_] Randy Yates[_2_] is offline

Linda Smith writes:

I inherited a Hammond A101 with pedals, a Leslie 45 with amplifer in
it, 4 boxes of parts and cords. I think it's in good condition but it
hasn't been played in a couple of years. I've been offered $1000. I'm
on the West Coast where I guess they don't sell well. Should I take
the offer?

1. I'll buck against the trend here and say that I don't think a Leslie
45 is really going to bring that much. You more typically see the 122,
145, 147 going around, and yes they are valuable. About 3-4 years ago
I sold a 1969 122 for $1800.

2. Regarding the organ, I think it really depends on the condition. If
it's in good condition, I would think it would fetch a good bit more
than $1000. But that's just my opinion.
--
Randy Yates
Digital Signal Labs

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Monday, August 3, 2015 at 6:37:19 AM UTC-7, Linda Smith wrote:
I inherited a Hammond A101 with pedals, a Leslie 45 with amplifer in it, 4 boxes of parts and cords. I think it's in good condition but it hasn't been played in a couple of years. I've been offered $1000. I'm on the West Coast where I guess they don't sell well. Should I take the offer?

Thanks for all the input. It's been very helpful. Klay, your response makes me want to oil it and fire it up. Who knows what we'd hear?

Thanks again

Used SKM183 pricing Allen Corneau Pro Audio 0 December 6th 07 08:27 PM
Pricing Help sTeeVee Pro Audio 0 August 20th 06 12:32 PM
Is there a law about pricing above bluebook? jsmooth Marketplace 4 March 15th 05 02:44 PM
Pricing advice Dave Car Audio 2 August 13th 04 04:58 AM
Hammond A100- another hammond question Fill X Pro Audio 5 August 2nd 03 07:06 AM