Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Default PSW Mixing/Mastering

May be of interest to some....

http://tinyurl.com/nfhlytk

geoff
Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Tuesday, June 9, 2015 at 6:21:29 PM UTC-4, geoff wrote:
May be of interest to some....

http://tinyurl.com/nfhlytk

geoff

Does the book (main goal to sell) provide audio examples of past songs, how they should have been mixed? Sadly, no. I bet David doesn't even know the 3kHz audio tip trick!! :-)

Tired of these British people invading my US internet and TV!
I bet they all look like that GEICO slimy lizard!!! I mean, after they sent their 4 hairy ones over here, that sang, "Yeah, yeah, yeah!" anything is possible :-)

Thanks.

Jack
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Rick Ruskin Rick Ruskin is offline

On Tue, 9 Jun 2015 15:45:57 -0700 (PDT), JackA
wrote:

On Tuesday, June 9, 2015 at 6:21:29 PM UTC-4, geoff wrote:
May be of interest to some....

http://tinyurl.com/nfhlytk

geoff

Does the book (main goal to sell) provide audio examples of past songs, how they should have been mixed? Sadly, no. I bet David doesn't even know the 3kHz audio tip trick!! :-)

Tired of these British people invading my US internet and TV!
I bet they all look like that GEICO slimy lizard!!! I mean, after they sent their 4 hairy ones over here, that sang, "Yeah, yeah, yeah!" anything is possible :-)

Thanks.

Jack

Has anyone ever paid you to do any mastering? If so, who?
Rick Ruskin
Lion Dog Music- Seattle WA
http://liondogmusic.com
Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

wrote:

On Tuesday, June 9, 2015 at 6:21:29 PM UTC-4, geoff wrote:
May be of interest to some....

http://tinyurl.com/nfhlytk

geoff

Does the book (main goal to sell) provide audio examples of past songs, how they should have been mixed? Sadly, no. I bet David doesn't even know the 3kHz audio tip trick!! :-)

Tired of these British people invading my US internet and TV!
I bet they all look like that GEICO slimy lizard!!! I mean, after they sent their 4 hairy ones over here, that sang, "Yeah, yeah, yeah!" anything is possible :-)

Thanks.

Jack

Has anyone ever paid you to do any mastering? If so, who?
Rick Ruskin
Lion Dog Music- Seattle WA
http://liondogmusic.com

Rick, while other thrive on money, such as Steve Hoffman, I really don't care to make any money, even if offered, on music.

These teaching mixing engineers, a dime a dozen, I feel. All the sudden they pop-up when digital software is available to carry out their mission.

That is why I asked this group to show me people digitally altering music some years back. At best, they (someone, Hank?) found an digital music editing system (photo), even Scott became ill when mentioned.

I'm sticking to my guns and claim Y2k is a best guess when most started using digital software to alter (remaster) analog music.

Jack
Posted to rec.audio.pro

wrote:

On Tuesday, June 9, 2015 at 6:21:29 PM UTC-4, geoff wrote:
May be of interest to some....

http://tinyurl.com/nfhlytk

geoff

Does the book (main goal to sell) provide audio examples of past songs, how they should have been mixed? Sadly, no. I bet David doesn't even know the 3kHz audio tip trick!! :-)

Tired of these British people invading my US internet and TV!
I bet they all look like that GEICO slimy lizard!!! I mean, after they sent their 4 hairy ones over here, that sang, "Yeah, yeah, yeah!" anything is possible :-)

Thanks.

Jack

Has anyone ever paid you to do any mastering? If so, who?

Maybe because of my site, someone sent me, actually, I had to go retrieve them, 10 songs to do audio work on (rare vinyl edition). I did my typical quick fix on one and they were pleased. And then THEY tell me they want them returned as huge wave files. People are demanding of strangers!! :-)

Jack
Rick Ruskin
Lion Dog Music- Seattle WA
http://liondogmusic.com

Posted to rec.audio.pro
None None is offline

news

wrote:

On Tuesday, June 9, 2015 at 6:21:29 PM UTC-4, geoff wrote:
May be of interest to some....

http://tinyurl.com/nfhlytk

geoff

Does the book (main goal to sell) provide audio examples of past
songs, how they should have been mixed? Sadly, no. I bet David
doesn't even know the 3kHz audio tip trick!! :-)

Tired of these British people invading my US internet and TV!
I bet they all look like that GEICO slimy lizard!!! I mean, after
they sent their 4 hairy ones over here, that sang, "Yeah, yeah,
yeah!" anything is possible :-)

Thanks.

Jack

Has anyone ever paid you to do any mastering? If so, who?

You might as well ask whether anyone has paid the turd to pollute the
punchbowl from which you're swilling. I hope the effluent won't
iinfect the self-inflicted gash in your gill.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Rick Ruskin Rick Ruskin is offline

wrote:

[...]

In other words, you're an amateur with no credits and a big mouth.

Rick Ruskin
Lion Dog Music- Seattle WA
http://liondogmusic.com
Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

wrote:

[...]

Hey, Rick, you don't see me littering usenet with links so I can earn money. Convenient, isn't it?

You are correct, the ONLY difference between a Professional and an Amateur is one is PAID for their service.

So, since I don't want money off music, I guess I'll always be an Amateur.

Jack

Rick Ruskin
Lion Dog Music- Seattle WA
http://liondogmusic.com

Mastering Versus Mixing Randy Yates[_2_] Pro Audio 56 April 24th 15 11:39 PM
ITB mixing / DIY mastering (part II) rakmanenuff Pro Audio 0 January 18th 10 07:19 PM
ITB mixing / DIY mastering rakmanenuff Pro Audio 5 June 24th 09 05:55 PM
Mixing for Mastering Sebum Pro Audio 10 December 26th 06 11:41 PM
Mixing for Mastering Devany Pro Audio 3 May 4th 05 12:00 AM