Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

Default ....Truths About Digital Music Quality

Flac vs MP3...
"1. File format is not the most important thing"

Compression...
"2. Removing 80% of a file's size does not reduce the audio quality 80%"

Sound Quality...
"3. People have the very best of times listening to music that isn't the best quality"

http://www.digitaldjtips.com/2015/02...c-quality-djs/

Interesting!!

Jack
Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 10/06/2015 4:45 a.m., JackA wrote:
Flac vs MP3...
"1. File format is not the most important thing"

Compression...
"2. Removing 80% of a file's size does not reduce the audio quality 80%"

Sound Quality...
"3. People have the very best of times listening to music that isn't the best quality"

http://www.digitaldjtips.com/2015/02...c-quality-djs/

Interesting!!

Jack

Hey - you got something pretty much right for a change,

However some people enjoy and value acheiving a lower percentage of
degradation, and wilful needless reduction in quality is just sad.

The music is the bottom line. But just like food, better is always, um,
better.

geoff
Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Tuesday, June 9, 2015 at 3:59:08 PM UTC-4, geoff wrote:
On 10/06/2015 4:45 a.m., JackA wrote:
Flac vs MP3...
"1. File format is not the most important thing"

Compression...
"2. Removing 80% of a file's size does not reduce the audio quality 80%"

Sound Quality...
"3. People have the very best of times listening to music that isn't the best quality"

http://www.digitaldjtips.com/2015/02...c-quality-djs/

Interesting!!

Jack

Hey - you got something pretty much right for a change,

Excuse me? I got something right?
Excuse me again, but all along I've been claiming approx. 15% of world people enjoy HQ sound. I just find articles that support MY theory! But, I do thank you.

However some people enjoy and value acheiving a lower percentage of
degradation, and wilful needless reduction in quality is just sad.

I guess it depends what others enjoy about music. I'm sure to some, if they can comprehend lyrics, what more do they need?

The music is the bottom line. But just like food, better is always, um,
better.

Nothing better than genetically modified foods!

Jack

geoff