sabers_soccer11

Default I want to make my car POUND

Hi, I'm a high school student and i have a very competitive atitud
about me, I have a fair amount of car audio knowledge that i hav
obtained just from researching different websites and what not but I a
very interested in car audio and things of that nature. I have a 199
ford explorer, i have a deck, and 2 12's but i am looking for somethin
new. I want to make my car the loudest car in my school parking lo
without "breaking the bank" (tough to do in this industry i know, but
figure what the heck, i'll give it a shot) thank you all for your tim
and consideration
-
sabers_soccer1
CarAudioForum.com - Usenet Gateway w/over one million posts online
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/showthr...threadid=18219

sabers_soccer11

Yea buddy, thanx for the info, my question was a little broad, i have
kicker Comp VR subwoofers (DVC) I have a fosgate 750s (looking t
upgrade) and i have a 1992 ford exlplorer, i have an eclipse CD542
deck, i just need advice on what will make that car loud (I know i nee
speakers and amps to drive those, I have the ability to get free wir
so that is not an issue
-
sabers_soccer1
CarAudioForum.com - Usenet Gateway w/over one million posts online
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/showthr...threadid=18219

caraudio nutt

Dude you have to look at the air space that you have to move. Money is
issue you might as well hang it up. You get what you pay for so don'
buy cheap crap!!!!!!!!!! Look on ebay for what ever brand you like
Wiring is going to be expensive too. Look online for the material. Th
IDMAX subwoofer is a really good sub and I bought it for $319 on eba
and it handles 1000 Watts RMS. Amps are going to be expensive to driv
these subs as well. Just save your money and take your time and do i
right
-
caraudio nut
CarAudioForum.com - Usenet Gateway w/over one million posts online
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/showthr...threadid=18219

caraudio nutt

You will have to ask the maufacture specs for the best box or fin
someone that has box building software to tell you the best box tha
can be built. You can email kicker and they should tell you. You migh
want to buy some more subs
-
caraudio nut
CarAudioForum.com - Usenet Gateway w/over one million posts online
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/showthr...threadid=18219

MZ

Can you folks please keep this thread in the car audio forum and not
cross-post to rec.audio.car? Thanks guys.

--
Mark
remove "remove" and "spam" to reply

"sabers_soccer11" m wrote
in message s.com...
Hi, I'm a high school student and i have a very competitive atitude
about me, I have a fair amount of car audio knowledge that i have
obtained just from researching different websites and what not but I am
very interested in car audio and things of that nature. I have a 1992
ford explorer, i have a deck, and 2 12's but i am looking for something
new. I want to make my car the loudest car in my school parking lot
without "breaking the bank" (tough to do in this industry i know, but i
figure what the heck, i'll give it a shot) thank you all for your time
and consideration.
--
sabers_soccer11
View this thread:

http://www.caraudioforum.com/showthr...hreadid=182193

Chris Liberti

What subs do you have right now? Do you car about how it sounds or do you
just want to be loud? If you car about sound quality put them in a ported
box tuned to around 25-32 hz range, if you want lloud only then find the
resonant frequency of your veh and tune 3-6 Hz below this to get the peak at
that frequency. You could also purchase a snail shell enclosure or build an
ABC bandpass box.

"sabers_soccer11" m wrote
in message s.com...
Hi, I'm a high school student and i have a very competitive atitude
about me, I have a fair amount of car audio knowledge that i have
obtained just from researching different websites and what not but I am
very interested in car audio and things of that nature. I have a 1992
ford explorer, i have a deck, and 2 12's but i am looking for something
new. I want to make my car the loudest car in my school parking lot
without "breaking the bank" (tough to do in this industry i know, but i
figure what the heck, i'll give it a shot) thank you all for your time
and consideration.
--
sabers_soccer11
View this thread:

http://www.caraudioforum.com/showthr...hreadid=182193

sabers_soccer11

Hey thank you for all your insight, this had been really helpful. I
guess i have just been letting my competitive nature over take me
because when I go to school and I hear about some lazy kid that doesn't
do jack's parents go out and buy him a $3000 system for no reason at
all I just want to show him up and be like hey, hard work kicks ***!
But I also got an idea today and I was wondering if this would
work...To take the 2 18" fosgates, combine 'em with my 2 12" kicker
CVR's...would that work or would it just screw everything up?? but
also, where could I get a memphis Belle amp...for cheap....I've talked
to one of the memphis dealer's up about 2 hours from my house a while
back and he said that "he was the best installer in the world" I think
he's just blown smoke up my butt but whatever, if he is, tight if he
isn't oh well, but like if you could please look into those fosgates
and tell me if they're even any good, that'd be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for all your time it is much appreciated!
--
sabers_soccer11
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/showthr...hreadid=182193

sabers_soccer11

Yea, a guy was tellin' me he'd sell me 2 18" fosgate XLC's (last years
model) for $450 in box, is that a good deal or should i stick with my
kickers???
--
sabers_soccer11
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/showthr...hreadid=182193

caraudio nutt

check these brands out. Memphis LVS, Image Dynamics IDMAX(just bough
one on ebay for 320 and handles 1000watts rms), and JL audio w7 or th
new w8 when it comes out. These subs pound. I will look up thos
fosgate subs. Try not to buy used stero items because of warranty an
people will try to get over on you. Watch for remanufactured items a
well. If you are really serious about car audio be patient and save fo
the best items you can get. Check out memphis audios amps called th
memphis belle 16000-mcd. 5 channel amp with a 1100 watt 5th channe
for the sub rated at 1 ohm. All these cars you see in mags have take
these guys years to build. Take your time in your decisions and don'
buy on the fly. Enjoy your hobby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-
caraudio nut
CarAudioForum.com - Usenet Gateway w/over one million posts online
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/showthr...threadid=18219

John Shepardson

Get some Aura bass shakers. They are $100 on ebay these days and they
really add a lot of low frequency punch for the money. The 50W/channel
are the ones you want.

John

caraudio nutt

Dude go to some competitions this year and look at what people ar
running in their systems. Listen and write down what you see and ask a
many questions as possible!!! Don't get discouraged if some will no
answer or run around your questions, because some are a@#holes. Yo
should run into some cool dudes or chicks that will answer you
questions. Always look on ebay and look and make sure you are buyin
from a store on ebay, and look at their feedback. Also, look into zapc
amps they are awesome and are a little pricey. Look on ebay for them a
well, because they are one of the better amps on the market. Fosgat
subs are ok but not the best. Look at the Image Dynamics IDMAX sub o
the JL audio w7 or the Memphis LVS subs. Keep checking ebay and emai
the stores to see if they can get what you desire!!!
-
caraudio nut
CarAudioForum.com - Usenet Gateway w/over one million posts online
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/showthr...threadid=18219

caraudio nutt

Never run to different brand and different sizes of different brands i
the same vehicle. It will sound awful. Always run the same brand
-
caraudio nut
CarAudioForum.com - Usenet Gateway w/over one million posts online
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/showthr...threadid=18219

n8 skow

....sounds like someone's handle on reality is broken...

n8

Never run to different brand and different sizes of different brands in