Mark Zarella

Default Pots and knobs?

Anyone know of a source to get nice analog dual-gang pots and knobs for use
on homebrew rack-mount preamps and the like?

despicable

Try Welborne labs........
"Mark Zarella" wrote in message
Anyone know of a source to get nice analog dual-gang pots and knobs for

use
on homebrew rack-mount preamps and the like?

Soundfreak03

Anyone know of a source to get nice analog dual-gang pots and knobs for use
on homebrew rack-mount preamps and the like?

Try Allied Electronics.
They sell replacements for all kinds of companies. Or you could do what I did
once, order them from the maker of a soundboard company. They cost me more but
it did get the look I wanted.

Les
Stephen Narayan

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 14:14:12 -0500, "Mark Zarella"
wrote:

Anyone know of a source to get nice analog dual-gang pots and knobs for use
on homebrew rack-mount preamps and the like?

www.partsconnexion.com They cater to the DIY Audiophile....

Stephen Narayan | IASCA Pro Street 1-600 | IASCA Certified Judge 2003
Audio Perfection |
No System.....yup that's right.
Why not check out my car audio museum
http://canuck.audioguy.net/gear.html
John Andreen

Alps electronic makes some extremely good potentiometers. They track
extremely well between gangs. I have been told that you can **sometimes**
find them at Radio Shack stores. Although you will have to visually look
at the item to see if there is an Alps logo on them. They will also have a
kind of "bluish-green" plastic body. If you have a **ton** of momey to
spend then take a look at their 50mm metal body pots.

You can have a look at www.alpsusa.com

John Andreen

Mark Zarella wrote:

Anyone know of a source to get nice analog dual-gang pots and knobs for
use on homebrew rack-mount preamps and the like?

Donald Sherwood

Also just to note You mean Audio taper on the Potentiometers. Cause they
usally have two styles. Audio taper, and linear taper.

--
1991 Tornado Red Corrado, CCA Member # 6645
Stereo is a continuous W.I.P.

There are two parts to wisdom:
1) Having a lot to say, and
2) Not saying it.