Posted to rec.audio.marketplace
hdjim69 hdjim69 is offline

Default 5.1 Surround Sound HT Receiver type unit without AM/FM

Hi, anyone know if there is a 5.1 surround sound HT type "receiver"
WITHOUT am/fm radio ? I don't use the am/fm radio but need all the
other connections s video video in/out, aux in/out 5.1 speaker out,
etc. So why pay extra for something I'll never use. But again I need
a main control unit, I connect dvd, vhs, tv and need the output to my
5.1 speaker system

Thanks

Posted to rec.audio.marketplace
DaveW DaveW is offline

A "receiver" by DEFINITION includes am/fm. Lots of luck...
--
DaveW

----------------
"hdjim69" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi, anyone know if there is a 5.1 surround sound HT type "receiver"
WITHOUT am/fm radio ? I don't use the am/fm radio but need all the
other connections s video video in/out, aux in/out 5.1 speaker out,
etc. So why pay extra for something I'll never use. But again I need
a main control unit, I connect dvd, vhs, tv and need the output to my
5.1 speaker system

Thanks

Posted to rec.audio.marketplace
hdjim69 hdjim69 is offline

No kidding ! I needed to describe the unit i need and didn't want to
say a box with such and such connections.... Hence the reason I put
quotes around the word.

DaveW wrote:
A "receiver" by DEFINITION includes am/fm. Lots of luck...
--
DaveW

----------------
"hdjim69" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi, anyone know if there is a 5.1 surround sound HT type "receiver"
WITHOUT am/fm radio ? I don't use the am/fm radio but need all the
other connections s video video in/out, aux in/out 5.1 speaker out,
etc. So why pay extra for something I'll never use. But again I need
a main control unit, I connect dvd, vhs, tv and need the output to my
5.1 speaker system

Thanks

Posted to rec.audio.marketplace
John C John C is offline

On 29 Sep 2006 13:21:40 -0700, "hdjim69" wrote:

Hi, anyone know if there is a 5.1 surround sound HT type "receiver"
WITHOUT am/fm radio ? I don't use the am/fm radio but need all the
other connections s video video in/out, aux in/out 5.1 speaker out,
etc. So why pay extra for something I'll never use. But again I need
a main control unit, I connect dvd, vhs, tv and need the output to my
5.1 speaker system

Thanks

You are looking for an "integrated amplifier". There are a few out
there, but will probably be more expensive than a receiver, due to
economies of scale.
The tuner chip probably costs $0.50, and it is cheaper to just throw
it in, rather than make 2 models, one with, and one without.

rec.audio.car FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (caution, this is HUGE) MOSFET Car Audio 0 June 18th 06 05:27 AM
Just for Ludovic Audio Opinions 64 November 19th 05 04:17 PM
Some Mixing Techniques kevindoylemusic Pro Audio 78 February 16th 05 07:51 AM
Creating Dimension In Mixing- PDF available on Request (112 pages0 kevindoylemusic Pro Audio 14 February 14th 05 05:58 PM