Posted to rec.audio.tech
George

Default witch is the better reciever..please help

Guys, I need to buy a new receiver. Best Buy has some good deals right now.
Let me tell you what I do with my receiver and please tell me witch one you
think is better. Basically my receiver is used for music and movies. I have
a SACD player and that's hooked up using the 5.1 inputs. I run a digital
coaxial from my dvd player to the receiver for movies. I do not patch any
video cables through my receiver, I have no need. I run my video cables
straight to my TV. I'm using 5.1 speakers setup with no plans of going to
six or seven buy may want to someday. I guess what I'm looking for is a
receiver I can have a long time without having to upgrade all the time. I'm
using pretty big JBL speakers too so that's an issue.I'd like the most watts
per channel I can afford . Here's my options..

1. Sony 630W 7.1-Ch. A/V Home Theater Receiver
Model: STR-DE698/B

2. Yamaha 600W 6.1-Ch. XM-Ready Digital Home Theater Receiver
Model: HTR-5840BL

Thanks
George

Attached Images

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Mark D. Zacharias

"George" wrote in message
m...
[...]

They're both pretty nice - but I service both brands under warranty and I'd
pick the Yamaha. Yamaha probably has the edge with their digital
soundfields, and the Sony uses UPC and STK drivers and have had problems
with them, especially that STK350-230. The UPC drivers on the other channels
run notoriously hot, and the Sony's do get a few more blown channels.
Operationally, they're probably pretty equal. Other receivers worthy of your
consideration would be Denon and Onkyo.

Mark Z.

XM reciever etc. jesse Car Audio 3 February 5th 06 11:11 PM
connecting eq and bbe unit with tape deck to reciever JOHN BRINE General 0 December 9th 04 05:43 AM
Remote for older Reciever Trey Bradshaw Tech 16 April 23rd 04 07:43 PM
Problems with my kenwood reciever Jamie Tech 4 November 11th 03 07:49 PM
F/S: *Reduced* Sony STR-DE845 5.1/DTS Home Theater Reciever $320! In Toronto peter I Marketplace 2 November 1st 03 05:04 PM