Phelixx

Default Advice for yet another newbie? (speakers)

Let's say I'm broke, but paid up on all my bills and such. I recently
purchased a new head unit and want to change the speakers. The
problem is that I only have enough money for one set right now. Which
would be more wise to purchase first; new 6 3/4" 's for the front or
new 6x9's for the rear? Also, if you have any suggestions on some
good speakers for a fair price, I'd be interested in hearing what you
think. I'm considering Infinity Kappa 652.5i 6-¾" 2-ways. Thanks for
your help.

sanitarium

Ditto Marks reply.
When your budget allows, a sub upgrade... Pyramid hyper pro and a JBL300.1,
US Acoustics, or profile california amp will give you more beef for not a
lot of $$$.

IMHO infinitys tend to lack low midbass kick. I had some coax's and I added
a second pair of midbass in the rear 1/4 panels to compensate.

Garrett

"Phelixx" wrote in message
om...
Let's say I'm broke, but paid up on all my bills and such. I recently
purchased a new head unit and want to change the speakers. The
problem is that I only have enough money for one set right now. Which
would be more wise to purchase first; new 6 3/4" 's for the front or
new 6x9's for the rear? Also, if you have any suggestions on some
good speakers for a fair price, I'd be interested in hearing what you
think. I'm considering Infinity Kappa 652.5i 6-¾" 2-ways. Thanks for
your help.

Holaday2

I would go with 2 new 6X9's first. I currently have 2 6x9 Infnity Kapp
2 ways in my car. They are amazin

-
Holaday

TheBIessedDead

I would go with 2 new 6X9's first. I currently have 2 6x9 Infnity Kappa
2 ways in my car. They are amazing

And have nice, new, loud, clear speakers in the rear, and old stock speakers in
the front? That'll sound wonderful.

I'd definetely go with the front speakers... You may decide to skip the rear
speakers altogether.

Nick

Mark Zarella

I would go with 2 new 6X9's first. I currently have 2 6x9 Infnity Kappa
2 ways in my car. They are amazing

If your ears are pasted on backwards, it would make some sense to replace
the rear speakers before the front ones.

sanitarium

So much for front soundstage / image...

Garrett

--
Holaday2

Phelixx

Thanks to everyone who responded to my question! I'll take it all
into consideration. As it turns out I ended up with some extra cash
when Christmas was all said and done, so I'll probably end up getting
both front and rear speakers. I'm always willing to listen to advice
so if you have any, I'd be interested in reading it.