Posted to rec.audio.opinion
BretLudwig BretLudwig is offline

Default What McCain Should Have Done

(( ('It Seems That) I Have Heard This Theme Before') was probably his best
theme. Although, I'd prefer 'All The Way' or even 'All Or Nothing At
All'-or better, even, 'The Best Is Yet to Come', to speak only of the
Sinatra catalog. Then again, if he's picked Romney, just for ablance he
could have went with 'The Coffee Song'... Bret))

What McCain Should Have Done

"As you may have noticed, John McCain hasn't had any kind of theme to

his campaign. He can't go after Obama on what Obama is vulnerable on
because that's all tied into race, so Obama gets a free pass on that.

What John McCain should have done in this race is embrace his Grumpy Old
Manness and run as the we've-got-to-live-within-our-means candidate. Run
against the whole Debt Debauch, the no-money-down culture, the get rich
quick attitude. Run against Bush's campaign against down payments.

Don't run in favor of "regulation," run in favor of "thrift" and
"prudence," on old fashioned non-ideologue conservatism.

Embrace his old scandal. Talk about how you let a donor get you involved
in the S&L bad loan scandal in the 1980s, and that was shameful and
humiliating and you learned a big lesson from that.

Talk about how your opponent just wants to take your money and use it to
expand the number of government employees in his political base, social
workers. And we can't afford that.
Of course, there would have been a big walk the walk problem with McCain,
since he doesn't seem very thrifty himself. For example, he'd probably
have what you'd call a gambling problem if he didn't have a rich wife.
Like John Kerry, he's a good catch who used his attractiveness to women to
land a rich wife. (Not a bad strategy, by the way.)

And I imagine McCain wasn't actually against all this stuff back when it
was going on. Nobody who was anybody was.

But at least this would have given him a theme."

http://isteve.blogspot.com/2008/10/w...have-done.html

--
Message posted using http://www.talkaboutaudio.com/group/rec.audio.opinion/
More information at http://www.talkaboutaudio.com/faq.html

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
[email protected] suckerton2@gmx.us is offline

On Oct 26, 6:46 pm, "BretLudwig" wrote:
(( ('It Seems That) I Have Heard This Theme Before') was probably his best
theme.

Never heard of it. However , "I've heard That Song Before" was a Jule
Styne/Sammy Cahn (both members of your favorite club, Bret) song Frank
was pretty successful with.

It seems to me I've heard that song before
It's from an old familiar score
I know it well, that melody

It's funny how a theme
Recalls a favorite dream