Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Paul[_13_] Paul[_13_] is offline

Default It looks like Whoever Pays for the Studio Time, Owns the Recordings

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=279223

So let's say I have a sax player who pays me to record
the raw tracks from a live gig, but wants me to send
him the WAV files so he can mix it himself.

It looks like I can't legally go behind his back and
try to sell my own mixes to the singer or bass player,
because the sax player paid me, and so technically he
owns the master recordings, right?

It's not like in photography, where the person who
took the picture owns the rights...