Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Default An "RIPer" speaks up

Retired General Colin L. Powell, one of the country's most respected
Republicans, stunned both parties on Sunday by strongly endorsing Sen.
Barack Obama (D-Ill.) for president on NBC's "Meet the Press" and
laying out a blistering, detailed critique of the modern GOP.

"This Powell endorsement is the nail in the coffin," said one
Republican official, speaking anonymously to offer candid thoughts
about the party's nominee. "Not just because of him, but the
indictment he laid out of the McCain campaign."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/200...politico/14714

Too bad 2pid is cowering elsewhere. I'd love to see his spin on this.
LOL!
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Shhhh! said:

Retired General Colin L. Powell, one of the country's most respected
Republicans, stunned both parties on Sunday by strongly endorsing Sen.
Barack Obama (D-Ill.) for president on NBC's "Meet the Press" and
laying out a blistering, detailed critique of the modern GOP.

"This Powell endorsement is the nail in the coffin," said one
Republican official, speaking anonymously to offer candid thoughts
about the party's nominee. "Not just because of him, but the
indictment he laid out of the McCain campaign."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/200...politico/14714

Too bad 2pid is cowering elsewhere. I'd love to see his spin on this.
LOL!

Scottie sez: The bro's have to stick twogether.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_3_] Jenn[_3_] is offline

In article ,
George M. Middius wrote:

Shhhh! said:

Retired General Colin L. Powell, one of the country's most respected
Republicans, stunned both parties on Sunday by strongly endorsing Sen.
Barack Obama (D-Ill.) for president on NBC's "Meet the Press" and
laying out a blistering, detailed critique of the modern GOP.

"This Powell endorsement is the nail in the coffin," said one
Republican official, speaking anonymously to offer candid thoughts
about the party's nominee. "Not just because of him, but the
indictment he laid out of the McCain campaign."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/200...politico/14714

Too bad 2pid is cowering elsewhere. I'd love to see his spin on this.
LOL!

Scottie sez: The bro's have to stick twogether.

Sadly, that is EXACTLY how some in the right-wing media will spin
it...John Gibson, for example.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Jenn said:

"This Powell endorsement is the nail in the coffin," said one
Republican official, speaking anonymously to offer candid thoughts
about the party's nominee. "Not just because of him, but the
indictment he laid out of the McCain campaign."

Scottie sez: The bro's have to stick twogether.

Sadly, that is EXACTLY how some in the right-wing media will spin
it...John Gibson, for example.

Nothing is simpler than black & white.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_3_] Jenn[_3_] is offline

In article
,
"Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!" wrote:

Retired General Colin L. Powell, one of the country's most respected
Republicans, stunned both parties on Sunday by strongly endorsing Sen.
Barack Obama (D-Ill.) for president on NBC's "Meet the Press" and
laying out a blistering, detailed critique of the modern GOP.

"This Powell endorsement is the nail in the coffin," said one
Republican official, speaking anonymously to offer candid thoughts
about the party's nominee. "Not just because of him, but the
indictment he laid out of the McCain campaign."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/200...politico/14714

Too bad 2pid is cowering elsewhere. I'd love to see his spin on this.
LOL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efv3Vr8T9MA

A stunning statement, I believe.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Oct 19, 1:49*pm, George M. Middius
wrote:
Jenn said:

"This Powell endorsement is the nail in the coffin," said one
Republican official, speaking anonymously to offer candid thoughts
about the party's nominee. "Not just because of him, but the
indictment he laid out of the McCain campaign."
Scottie sez: The bro's have to stick twogether.

Sadly, that is EXACTLY how some in the right-wing media will spin
it...John Gibson, for example.

Nothing is simpler than black & white.

From the same article:

Rush Limbaugh suggested Powell's move was very much related to Obama's
status as the first African-American with a chance to become
president.

"Secretary Powell says his endorsement is not about race," Limbaugh
wrote in an e-mail. "OK, fine. I am now researching his past
endorsements to see if I can find all the inexperienced, very liberal,
white candidates he has endorsed. I'll let you know what I come up
with.

"I was also unaware of his dislike for John Roberts, Clarence Thomas,
Samuel Alito, Anthony Kennedy and Antonin Scalia. I guess he also
regrets Reagan and Bush making him a four-star and secretary of state
and appointing his son to head the FCC. Yes, let's hear it for
transformational figures."

Leave it to Rush to lower the bar.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Oct 19, 1:52*pm, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*"Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!" wrote:

Retired General Colin L. Powell, one of the country's most respected
Republicans, stunned both parties on Sunday by strongly endorsing Sen.
Barack Obama (D-Ill.) for president on NBC's "Meet the Press" and
laying out a blistering, detailed critique of the modern GOP.

"This Powell endorsement is the nail in the coffin," said one
Republican official, speaking anonymously to offer candid thoughts
about the party's nominee. "Not just because of him, but the
indictment he laid out of the McCain campaign."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/200...politico/14714

Too bad 2pid is cowering elsewhere. I'd love to see his spin on this.
LOL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efv3Vr8T9MA

A stunning statement, I believe.

Rush and the other right wingnuts will no doubt choose to not discuss
Powell's thoughtful reasoning and attempt to focus on side issues.

No doubt 2pid would be right there with them. So Clyde, do you now
doubt Powell's service? Is this not yet another example of a retired
military officer whose thoughts don't "fit the mold"?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Shhhh! said:

Nothing is simpler than black & white.

[snip]
Leave it to Rush to lower the bar.

Powell's speech has two salient points for me. First, he said the VP's
job is to be ready to become President, and Palin is just not qualified
for that position. Second, he denounced no-holds-barred smear tactics
such as saying Obama is a muslim and therefore a terrorist sympathizer.

Of course those are points every patriotic American should agree with.
Most especially, anybody who professes to believe in "country first"
should embrace those values.

What's really striking about Powell's opinions is that republicans have
been appointing unqualified ideological hacks to important jobs since
Reagan started the practice. Bush raised it from an indulgence to a
compulsion. The republicans have also been telling insidious lies about
democrats since Gingrich championed that tactic in the '80s. It became
the defining theme of presidential campaigns for the republicans as of
Bush's run in 2000 (the first campaign masterminded by Rove). So those
two behaviors by republicans that Powell denounced are anything but new.
Anybody wonder why Powell finally decided to speak out against the worst
aspects of his beloved republican party?

I'm sure the talk radio clowns will hew to the "bros befo' everything"
viewpoint. But for Powell, I'd guess the emergence of a charismatic
black candidate was the least of his decision. Better late to denounce
the scumballs than never. (In the same vein, we're still waiting for
Mistress Jenn to vent her unvarnished opinion of the Krooborg.)

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Trevor Wilson[_2_] Trevor Wilson[_2_] is offline

"Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!" wrote in message
Retired General Colin L. Powell, one of the country's most respected
Republicans, stunned both parties on Sunday by strongly endorsing Sen.
Barack Obama (D-Ill.) for president on NBC's "Meet the Press" and
laying out a blistering, detailed critique of the modern GOP.

"This Powell endorsement is the nail in the coffin," said one
Republican official, speaking anonymously to offer candid thoughts
about the party's nominee. "Not just because of him, but the
indictment he laid out of the McCain campaign."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/200...politico/14714

Too bad 2pid is cowering elsewhere. I'd love to see his spin on this.
LOL!

**As a Aussie, it has always appeared to me (and probably a lot of others),
that Powell was a decent man, caught up with a bunch of criminals. He seems
to be a Democrat at heart. He seems to be far too honest and straightforward
to be a Republican.

Is that about it?

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Oct 19, 4:16*pm, George M. Middius
wrote:
Shhhh! said:

Nothing is simpler than black & white.

[snip]
Leave it to Rush to lower the bar.

Powell's speech has two salient points for me. First, he said the VP's
job is to be ready to become President, and Palin is just not qualified
for that position. Second, he denounced no-holds-barred smear tactics
such as saying Obama is a muslim and therefore a terrorist sympathizer.

I think there are a couple of other equally-salient points: Powell
fells Obama has put to bed the "experience" charges of McCain, and
also Powell tacitly agrees with Obama's stance regarding Iraq.

Of course those are points every patriotic American should agree with.
Most especially, anybody who professes to believe in "country first"
should embrace those values.

If they actually mean it, of course. ;-)

Anybody wonder why Powell finally decided to speak out against the worst
aspects of his beloved republican party?

Because he has no 'integrity'?

I'm sure the talk radio clowns will hew to the "bros befo' everything"
viewpoint. But for Powell, I'd guess the emergence of a charismatic
black candidate was the least of his decision. Better late to denounce
the scumballs than never. (In the same vein, we're still waiting for
Mistress Jenn to vent her unvarnished opinion of the Krooborg.)

I felt that when Powell was Secretary of State he was embarrassed half
of the time.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Oct 19, 4:51*pm, "Trevor Wilson"
wrote:
[...]

That's my impression as well. I recall when he was being recruited to
run for President, nobody was quite sure which party he'd represent.
Personally, I was disappointed with his choice.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Jenn said:

Powell's speech has two salient points for me. First, he said the VP's
job is to be ready to become President, and Palin is just not qualified
for that position. Second, he denounced no-holds-barred smear tactics
such as saying Obama is a muslim and therefore a terrorist sympathizer.

Of course those are points every patriotic American should agree with.
Most especially, anybody who professes to believe in "country first"
should embrace those values.

Exactly right.

You snipped my troll, Mistress. Perhaps you need some discipline....?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_3_] Jenn[_3_] is offline

In article ,
George M. Middius wrote:

Jenn said:

Powell's speech has two salient points for me. First, he said the VP's
job is to be ready to become President, and Palin is just not qualified
for that position. Second, he denounced no-holds-barred smear tactics
such as saying Obama is a muslim and therefore a terrorist sympathizer.

Of course those are points every patriotic American should agree with.
Most especially, anybody who professes to believe in "country first"
should embrace those values.

Exactly right.

You snipped my troll, Mistress. Perhaps you need some discipline....?

Nah, just doing a good deed ;-)
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Oct 19, 8:59*pm, Jenn wrote:
*George M. Middius wrote:

You snipped my troll, Mistress. Perhaps you need some discipline....?

Nah, just doing a good deed *;-)

Who were you disciplining? ;-)

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Oct 19, 8:59 pm, Jenn wrote:
George M. Middius wrote:

You snipped my troll, Mistress. Perhaps you need some discipline....?

Nah, just doing a good deed ;-)

Who were you disciplining? ;-)

**Make me! Make it me!

Oh wait, did I say that out loud?

Oops.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On 19 Oct, 15:41, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
wrote:
On Oct 19, 1:52*pm, Jenn wrote:

In article
,
[...]

No and ask a better question,
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Oct 19, 11:50*pm, Clyde Slick wrote:
On 19 Oct, 15:41, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"

No doubt 2pid would be right there with them. So Clyde, do you now
doubt Powell's service? Is this not yet another example of a retired
military officer whose thoughts don't "fit the mold"?-

No and ask a better question,

Try making better statements for me to base them on then. Having some
weird box that all military officers are supposed to conform to isn't
very helpful. LOL!
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Shhhh! said:

No doubt 2pid would be right there with them. So Clyde, do you now
doubt Powell's service? Is this not yet another example of a retired
military officer whose thoughts don't "fit the mold"?-

No and ask a better question,

Try making better statements for me to base them on then. Having some
weird box that all military officers are supposed to conform to isn't
very helpful. LOL!

I'll bet you own -- or have owned -- a van or pickup. All military guys
have them.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On 20 Oct, 02:55, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
wrote:
On Oct 19, 11:50*pm, Clyde Slick wrote:

On 19 Oct, 15:41, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
No doubt 2pid would be right there with them. So Clyde, do you now
doubt Powell's service? Is this not yet another example of a retired
military officer whose thoughts don't "fit the mold"?-

No and ask a better question,

Try making better statements for me to base them on then. Having some
weird box that all military officers are supposed to conform to isn't
very helpful. LOL!

they don't have to conform to anything, but it is near impossible for
me to believe that someone with the radical views such as those of
Wright
or Ayers would join the military as an officer. So, as far believing
that I would hear left win views formn military officers, there is a
sliding scale, depending
upon extremity.
wing views form military officers

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On 20 Oct, 11:48, George M. Middius wrote:
Shhhh! said:

No doubt 2pid would be right there with them. So Clyde, do you now
doubt Powell's service? Is this not yet another example of a retired
military officer whose thoughts don't "fit the mold"?-

No and ask a better question,

Try making better statements for me to base them on then. Having some
weird box that all military officers are supposed to conform to isn't
very helpful. LOL!

I'll bet you own -- or have owned -- a van or pickup. All military guys
have them.

here is Shh with his van:

http://tinyurl.com/633q78

but he really wants one of these.

http://www.johnbrownrigg.net/HIPPY%20VAN%20FX%201.jpg

http://www.lovemybus.com/gallery2/d/216-3/dscn1163.jpg
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

wrote:
On Oct 19, 11:50*pm, Clyde Slick wrote:

On 19 Oct, 15:41, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
No doubt 2pid would be right there with them. So Clyde, do you now
doubt Powell's service? Is this not yet another example of a retired
military officer whose thoughts don't "fit the mold"?-

No and ask a better question,

Try making better statements for me to base them on then. Having some
weird box that all military officers are supposed to conform to isn't
very helpful. LOL!

they don't have to conform to anything, but it is near impossible for
me to believe that someone with the radical views such as those of
Wright
or Ayers would join the military as an officer.

Well, I didn't "join" as an officer. I enlisted and was selected for
OCS.

So, as far believing
that I would hear left win views formn military officers, there is a
sliding scale, depending
upon extremity.
wing views form military officers

And you consider my views "extreme"? And even further, "extreme left"?
LMAO!

I suppose Bratzi, with his ultra-far-right views, would make the
"perfect" military officer.

BTW, Clyde, I also have a hard time believing that you actually
consider yourself qualified to judge, but that's the same issue I had
with your buddy 2pid. He didn't see the logic of that question either.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Shhhh! said:

No doubt 2pid would be right there with them. So Clyde, do you now
doubt Powell's service? Is this not yet another example of a retired
military officer whose thoughts don't "fit the mold"?-

No and ask a better question,

Try making better statements for me to base them on then. Having some
weird box that all military officers are supposed to conform to isn't
very helpful. LOL!

I'll bet you own -- or have owned -- a van or pickup. All military guys
have them.

here is Shh with his van:

http://tinyurl.com/633q78

but he really wants one of these.

http://www.johnbrownrigg.net/HIPPY%20VAN%20FX%201.jpg

http://www.lovemybus.com/gallery2/d/216-3/dscn1163.jpg

I find it pretty funny that you have this strange idea that I'm some
sort of hippie, Clyde. What threw you over the edge? Was it my
"radical" views that racism is still a large issue in the US, or that
having a health plan for everybody makes economic sense?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

wrote:
On Oct 19, 11:50*pm, Clyde Slick wrote:

On 19 Oct, 15:41, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
No doubt 2pid would be right there with them. So Clyde, do you now
doubt Powell's service? Is this not yet another example of a retired
military officer whose thoughts don't "fit the mold"?-

No and ask a better question,

Try making better statements for me to base them on then. Having some
weird box that all military officers are supposed to conform to isn't
very helpful. LOL!

they don't have to conform to anything, but it is near impossible for
me to believe that someone with the radical views such as those of
Wright
or Ayers would join the military as an officer.

Well, I didn't "join" as an officer. I enlisted and was selected for
OCS.

they made a big mistake.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

wrote:
On Oct 19, 11:50*pm, Clyde Slick wrote:

On 19 Oct, 15:41, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
No doubt 2pid would be right there with them. So Clyde, do you now
doubt Powell's service? Is this not yet another example of a retired
military officer whose thoughts don't "fit the mold"?-

No and ask a better question,

Try making better statements for me to base them on then. Having some
weird box that all military officers are supposed to conform to isn't
very helpful. LOL!

they don't have to conform to anything, but it is near impossible for
me to believe that someone with the radical views such as those of
Wright
or Ayers would join the military as an officer.

Well, I didn't "join" as an officer. I enlisted and was selected for
OCS.

they made a big mistake.

What a stupid thing to say. You'd have no way of knowing whether it
was a mistake or not. I could show you about two dozen very positive
OERs, but you still wouldn't know what you were looking at. LOL!

Say, Clyde, do you drink Kool-Aid when you're at 2pid's?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Signal[_2_] Signal[_2_] is offline

"Trevor Wilson" wrote:

[...]

He is merely less lacertilian than the others. He was still hatched
from a bad egg though.

--
S i g n a l @ l i n e o n e . n e t