Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Vinylanach Vinylanach is offline

Default Time out!!!

On Oct 14, 1:04�pm, George M. Middius
wrote:
Vinylanach said:

It's just that you comment on the silliness of religion,then
you, yourself, ascribed to the concept of Karma, just last week.
It's just another silly religious superstition.

No it isn't, you dimbulb. It's a philosophical concept. Go hang out with
Scottie some more so you can reach bottom.

Karma is a concept in Hinduism [that] explains causality through a
system where beneficial effects are derived from past beneficial
actions and harmful effects from past harmful actions, creating a
system of actions and reactions throughout a person's reincarnated
lives.
sounds very scientific and unsuperstitious to me.

If taken in its purest form, perhaps. �But most people think it's just
a good way to live life in the first place, regardless of the
consequences.

The Western version is lot shorter: Do unto others as you'd have them do
unto you.

There's a new version called the Platinum Rule. Instead of it being
"treat others as you would want to be treated," it's "treat others how
THEY want to be treated." In other words, it takes masochists like
Arny and Sophomoric into account.

Boon

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
BretLudwig BretLudwig is offline

I prefer "Treat others as you are reasonably sure they will be inclined
treat you".

--
Message posted using http://www.talkaboutaudio.com/group/rec.audio.opinion/
More information at http://www.talkaboutaudio.com/faq.html

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Oct 14, 7:27*pm, "BretLudwig" wrote:
*I prefer "Treat others as you are reasonably sure they will be inclined
treat you".

Translation: ensure that everything you do creates a self-fulfilling
prophesy.