Posted to rec.audio.tech
gunnet

Default more bass

Is there a way to get more bass from the fostex Fe206e? do you have any
trick?

Posted to rec.audio.tech

gunnet wrote:
Is there a way to get more bass from the fostex Fe206e? do you have any
trick?

I don't know, more power, narrower pass band, better x-over, put a box
around it. No tricks, just science here.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Kalman Rubinson

On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 19:18:01 +0100, "gunnet" wrote:

Is there a way to get more bass from the fostex Fe206e? do you have any
trick?

Add a real woofer to it.

Kal

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Eiron

gunnet wrote:

Is there a way to get more bass from the fostex Fe206e? do you have any trick?

You will never get great bass out of that driver but some electronic assistance
will help at low levels. The simplest method is a first order shelf filter
either between pre and power amps or in the tape monitor loop. Two resistors
and a capacitor can extend the bass by a couple of octaves. For higher orders
of equalization you need an active circuit.

--
Eiron

There's something scary about stupidity made coherent - Tom Stoppard.
Posted to rec.audio.tech
gunnet

Add a real woofer to it.

good idea, but I have to found a good woofer with a great sensibility

Posted to rec.audio.tech

gunnet wrote:
Add a real woofer to it.

good idea, but I have to found a good woofer with a great sensibility

Finding a sensible woofer can be difficult.
Avoid the ones with square magnets, they can be
petulant at times.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
mick

On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 19:18:01 +0100, gunnet burbled:

Is there a way to get more bass from the fostex Fe206e? do you have any
trick?

The available cone movement is too small to achieve decent bass levels. If
you need bass and sensitivity then I can only suggest a powered sub to go
with them.

What sort of cabinets are you using?

--
Mick
(no M$ software on here... :-) )

Posted to rec.audio.tech
gunnet

What sort of cabinets are you using?

I'm using, with success, the 45 liter reflex cabinet from the fostex
original building plan.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
mick

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 23:03:42 +0100, gunnet burbled:

What sort of cabinets are you using?

I'm using, with success, the 45 liter reflex cabinet from the fostex
original building plan.

I suspect that you arn't going to do much better base-wise with those
drivers. You *may* get slightly more bass with a 1.5cu ft sealed box, but
I'm no expert. All I can suggest now is that you google for that sort of
arrangement and see what sort of response you could expect.

--
Mick
(no M$ software on here... :-) )