Posted to rec.audio.tech
Why Lee

Default Protect!

Hi all,
I was hoping to tap into some brain power.
A friend of mine at work has a Sony pro-logic receiver in his home that
keeps flashing "protect" over and over. He has tried unhooking all of
the speakers and RcA jacks from the back because I told him that I had
that happen to me when I had a bad spot in one of my speaker wires. But
he had no luck . Any clue how to fix this or did he blow some type of
fuse or breaker? Thanks for any help ,Lee

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Bob Urz

Why Lee wrote:
Hi all,
I was hoping to tap into some brain power.
A friend of mine at work has a Sony pro-logic receiver in his home that
keeps flashing "protect" over and over. He has tried unhooking all of
the speakers and RcA jacks from the back because I told him that I had
that happen to me when I had a bad spot in one of my speaker wires. But
he had no luck . Any clue how to fix this or did he blow some type of
fuse or breaker? Thanks for any help ,Lee

Many sony AV receivers suffer from lack of cooling which translates into
bad solder joints and defective modules. Its really going to take a good
soldering tech to first go though all the solder joints, and then
check out the output or drive modules to see if there intact or not.
Its more than a fuse...........

Bob