Jon Yaeger

Default "And wasn't it a long way down . . . ."

As Patrick himself said, this N.G. was quite a different place 6 months ago.

The posts then were mostly good-natured and helpful. The majority shared an
interest in the topic and some restraint if not respect for other
participants. The overall content was informative, engaging, and useful. It
was a great example of the best of what N.G.s could offer.

Now I hardly recognize it.

I've long since plonked Jute & Allison so all I see are responses to their
usual fetid sputterings. Any technical contributions are far outweighed by
their madness and vitriol.

Ruud seems like a nice fellow, but I suffer from left brain dominance and
can't seem to follow his stream-of-consciousness ramblings or whatever it is
that he submits far too frequently. Nor do I care to.

Apparently, Lord Valve enjoys a great reputation in the business but most of
what he offers here lately is off-topic political rantings of the
unimaginative, knee-jerk xenophobic type which have 0% to do with tubes.
He's soon to join the ranks of the invisible . . . .

I'm delighted to have MDHJWH join us. It's refreshing to have someone as
witty on board. However, Dear, the subject matter at hand is THERMIONIC
VALVES, not seminiferous tubules . . . . .

And Patrick. Patrick is a marvelous fellow who has been tremendously
helpful to me and others. I don't want to seem an ingrate, but his compass
is broken lately. Many of us have BEGGED him to rise above the crap but he
can't or won't disengage.

The dynamic is a lot like the perpetual McCarty/Morein feud in R.A.M. which
has utterly destroyed that N.G. If you catch Morein offline he seems like a
nice fellow but is on some twisted mission to "out" McCarty and no amount of
reason, logic, etc. can deter him. I fear that both he and Patrick are on
comparable missions which end up being 100% destructive and totally abhorred
by everyone else. Unfortunately and ironically neither can see it himself.

How about a 48 hour moratorium on O.T. posts and insult contests? Just for
old time's sake . . . . . ?

- Jon

TubeGarden

Hi RATs!

Merry Xmas!

Just let the kids fight it out among themselves. There is no sense wasting more
bandwidth complaining about wasted bandwidth.

What RAT was, and is, is just a public blackboard. It is OK as long as no one
erases anyone's contribution.

Think of all the great literature you have read on bathroom walls

Happy Ears!
Al

Alan J. Marcy
Phoenix, AZ

PWC/mystic/Earhead
Harry Lavo

"Jon Yaeger" wrote in message
[...]

Here is one regular lurker and occasional contributor who is very rarely
lurking these days. What a load of crap this has become. I agree with Jon,
six months ago it was another group.

Chris Berry

Apparently, Lord Valve enjoys a great reputation in the business but most

of
what he offers here lately is off-topic political rantings of the
unimaginative, knee-jerk xenophobic type which have 0% to do with tubes.
He's soon to join the ranks of the invisible . . . .

OK, I've been in and out of here for about a year - mainly lurking - but all
I can say is that's typical LV behaviour. In the last year he's gone from
relatively bad but informative to more trouble than he's worth.
Blame it on 911 and iraq but Christ LV, you USED to post stuff worth
reading - move on man.
cb