Jerry Gerber

Default Vibration Near Studio

Does anyone have any experience with the vibration caused by a jackhammer?
I have a drainage problem directly outside my studio door and one of the
solutions is to deepen a bit the concrete and drain so that water will flow
into the drain when it rains. But this location is only about 7-10 feet
from a Yamaha DM2000 and numerous synths, samplers and signal processing
gear, all mounted in a Omnirax. Will an hour or two of vibration that close
possibly damage any equipment?

Thanks in advance,

Jerry Gerber
www.jerrygerber.com
www.cdbaby.com/virtualorchestra

Dave Martin

"Jerry Gerber" wrote in message
ink.net...
Does anyone have any experience with the vibration caused by a jackhammer?
I have a drainage problem directly outside my studio door and one of the
solutions is to deepen a bit the concrete and drain so that water will

flow
into the drain when it rains. But this location is only about 7-10 feet
from a Yamaha DM2000 and numerous synths, samplers and signal processing
gear, all mounted in a Omnirax. Will an hour or two of vibration that

close
possibly damage any equipment?

Your gear should be just fine. It might be a little difficult to track
vocals while the jackhammer is running, though.

Scheduling difficulties did force me to track electric guitars (through an
amp) one time while a tree was chopped down and chopped up 10 feet away...

--
Dave Martin
Java Jive Studio

Mike

"Dave Martin" wrote in
:

Scheduling difficulties did force me to track electric guitars
(through an amp) one time while a tree was chopped down and chopped up
10 feet away...

A studio I used to work in used to have to stop recording once a year. This
was the day the Farmer dipped his Sheep in the yard next door. Baaaah!

Tim Perry

"Mike" wrote in message
"Dave Martin" wrote in
:

Scheduling difficulties did force me to track electric guitars
(through an amp) one time while a tree was chopped down and chopped up
10 feet away...

A studio I used to work in used to have to stop recording once a year.

This
was the day the Farmer dipped his Sheep in the yard next door. Baaaah!

picture this: Radio studios with thin wood floor. carpinters in basment
building shelves with nail guns. solution: give carpinters a radio, in
return they stop shooting nails when the mics are open.

Mike Clayton

In article , "Dave Martin"
wrote:

Scheduling difficulties did force me to track electric guitars (through an
amp) one time while a tree was chopped down and chopped up 10 feet away...

--
Dave Martin
Java Jive Studio
Nashville, TN
www.javajivestudio.com

How about this - way back in radio land on a stinking hot nor'west windy
day near Christmas one teay I was recording a brass band in the studio
with no aircon, windows open to let in a little fresh air.

Half way through the long slow movement - recording to an Ampex 350 - the
traction engine in the yard next door lets rip with it's steam whistle! An
absolutely perfect top C# and a half at +900DbFS. Sorry chaps - back to
the beginning...

--
Mike Clayton