Posted to rec.audio.pro
TerryKing TerryKing is offline

Default SONY ICD-P620 recorder. (Sigh..) Have hardware, need software...

Hi Everyone,

I grabbed one of these SONY recorders in the USA just before I came
back to China. In minimizing my space/weight for the overseas flight,
I missed the CD with the software for this recorder, and now I
understand that it will not connect to a computer by USB except with
the SONY software.

Can anyone save my butt?? I probably only need the "Audio Editor"
software.. I have Adobe Audition for actual editing but I need to
transfer the (proprietary) files...

I have plenty of webspace and could give someone FTP access... Or
whatever would work for you...

I have an event coming up in a week (The Shenzhen F1 Boat Grand Prix)
and I really would like to use this handy small recorder for
interviews.. although I'm mainly doing photo for this one..

Thanks for listening! I promise to pay this bailout forward in the
future.

Regards, Terry King ..On the South China Sea in Shekou

Posted to rec.audio.pro
John Bruce John Bruce is offline

TerryKing wrote:
[...]

Not sure if this is the right softie for your model, but you can get
v3.1 of Sony Digital Voice Recorder he-
http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu...l?mdl=ICDP530F

HTH, John
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Nick Brown Nick Brown is offline

On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 20:14:34 -0700 (PDT), TerryKing
wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I grabbed one of these SONY recorders in the USA just before I came
back to China. In minimizing my space/weight for the overseas flight,
I missed the CD with the software for this recorder, and now I
understand that it will not connect to a computer by USB except with
the SONY software.

Can anyone save my butt?? I probably only need the "Audio Editor"
software.. I have Adobe Audition for actual editing but I need to
transfer the (proprietary) files...

Regards, Terry King ..On the South China Sea in Shekou

I found downloads for it he

http://support.sony-europe.com/dna/d..._GB&m=ICD-P620

From a quick flip through the manual, it looks like the Digital Voice
Editor is the software you need to transfer audio between the recorder
and the PC.

Cheers,
Nick
Posted to rec.audio.pro
TerryKing TerryKing is offline

John and Nick!

Thanks SO much for digging for this one.! The USA site has no
downloads at all for this model.

I'm downloading now from Europe...

I'll let you all know how it works out...
Regards, Terry King ..On the South China Sea in Shekou

Pro Tools Software with out the hardware? [email protected] Pro Audio 8 August 18th 05 09:55 AM
Software vs Hardware Effects [email protected] Pro Audio 6 April 16th 05 12:04 PM
Software vs hardware eq Sanbar Pro Audio 25 June 14th 04 04:02 PM
Hardware or Software?? chuck Tech 0 February 12th 04 12:58 PM
Hardware vs Software Al Davison Pro Audio 3 September 16th 03 08:04 PM