Posted to rec.audio.pro
George's Pro Sound Company George's Pro Sound Company is offline

Default WARNING DISHONEST EBAY seller

Do not do business with this EBAY seller

http://stores.ebay.com/BoxQ-Electronics

they sold me a Audio technica 815 mic that did not work
then offered to let me return it if I payed them a 20% "restocking " fee
that's quite a racket selling broken gear then offering to take it back for
just20% of the selling price
I wonder how many times this mic was sold and returned before it came my
way, with them makeing 20% of the bid price with each cycle of a BROKEN MIC

these sellers are not honest and if you buy from them you will get ripped
off
again

Do Not Buy from

http://stores.ebay.com/BoxQ-Electronics

Posted to rec.audio.pro
RDOGuy RDOGuy is offline

George, I feel your pain, and understand your anger. I think you're
right that people shouldn't do business with this seller.

Having said that... it should have been obvious from the description
of this item ("You are bidding on an Audio Technica AT815a Shotgun
Microphone with cable. It is in good overall condition and measures
18" long. Specs are available from www.audio-technica.com") that this
seller isn't particularly interested in checking their items for
defects. You should consider yourself lucky that the seller is
willing to take it back at all - even with a restocking fee. There
are many eBay sellers who would just laugh in your face: "Sorry,
pal... it said 'as is' in the listing."

You don't have to take this lying down, though. The description DID
say that the mic was in "good overall condition." It's reasonable to
construe this to mean that the mic was in working condition. If you
paid with PayPal, I'd file a SNAD (that's "Significantly Not As
Described") complaint with PayPal. If you win the dispute (likely)
you'll have to ship it back to the seller at your expense, but you'll
get your money back.

If you didn't... then I'd send it back and pay the man his money.
Better to pay 20% plus shipping for an experience from which you can
learn than 100% for a non-working mic.

And next time... buy from a seller who sells audio stuff (instead of
whatever surplus junk he happens to get) and has the means, knowledge
(and willingness) to say that it's working.

Good luck.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

"RDOGuy" wrote in message
George, I feel your pain, and understand your anger. I think you're
right that people shouldn't do business with this seller.

Having said that... it should have been obvious from the description
of this item ("You are bidding on an Audio Technica AT815a Shotgun
Microphone with cable. It is in good overall condition and measures

Good overall condition means working IMO
George

Posted to rec.audio.pro

"RDOGuy" wrote in message
[...]

actually it's a tiny amount of money , I will have more satisfaction out of
trashing his name than I would get satisfaction ouit of 120$
he stated IN GOOD OVERALL CONDITION
I would think that meant Good overall condition, overall seems to me to
encompass the WORKING aspect of itss condition
besides if he gets it back he will just reauction it to another poor sap ,
cycle this mic a few times keeping 20% of the bid price each time and
pretty soon you've made some money

here are a few others taht were burned by this same scam

Received iMac that couldn't power on; Seller wouldn't accept return; Stay
away!

One computer was DOA, lied about shipping, no COA, no response to emails

Sent me wrong item. Promised for replacement parts.. Never Sent . No
Response

Regret bid.100%defective.Offer to 'look' at it costs $50! Stay away from
BoxQ

Not selling what's advertised/brokend parts-this is the second time-poor
commun

Posted to rec.audio.pro
RDOGuy RDOGuy is offline

On Oct 16, 1:19*pm, "George's Pro Sound Company"
wrote:

Good overall condition means working IMO

In my opinion, too, George. I said so.

Please allow me to reiterate: this listing was bereft of specific
details about the condition of this item, but long on boilerplate
about the seller's terms. That is a danger sign to an experienced
eBay buyer. All I am suggesting is that it should have been (and for
your sake, I hope it will begin to be) a danger sign to you, too.

Warning- Ebay seller Judiv1 yrplace Pro Audio 0 August 5th 07 06:49 PM
Ebay for the seller? west Vacuum Tubes 7 March 27th 05 07:37 PM
Reminder to pay your eBay seller [email protected] Marketplace 0 November 11th 03 11:13 PM