Posted to rec.audio.pro
e.maynard e.maynard is offline

Default Mackie MCU Power Supply

Hi.

Of course I'm like an hour & a half out of warranty.
I need a 7.5V, 4.5A Power Supply. The end connector is an 11mm long x
5mm thick hollow (female) type. Center is +.

Mackie wants $95, plus another $15-$20 to ship it.

It's made by APX, and their part # is SP36907.

Any advice?

Thanks a lot,
Erik!
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

e.maynard wrote:

Of course I'm like an hour & a half out of warranty.
I need a 7.5V, 4.5A Power Supply. The end connector is an 11mm long x
5mm thick hollow (female) type. Center is +.

Mackie wants $95, plus another $15-$20 to ship it.

It's made by APX, and their part # is SP36907.

Any advice?

Look in the Digi-Key book. They have a number of different line lump
manufacturers there.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
gareth magennis gareth magennis is offline

"e.maynard" wrote in message
Hi.

Of course I'm like an hour & a half out of warranty.
I need a 7.5V, 4.5A Power Supply. The end connector is an 11mm long x
5mm thick hollow (female) type. Center is +.

Mackie wants $95, plus another $15-$20 to ship it.

It's made by APX, and their part # is SP36907.

Any advice?

Thanks a lot,
Erik!

7.5 volts is not a common requirement, particularly at that current.

Unless you want to try and make your own, which is quite feasible for a lot
less than $100, you will probably have to go to Mackie.

Gareth.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Oct 14, 2:48*pm, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:
e.maynard wrote:

Of course I'm like an hour & a half out of warranty.
I need a 7.5V, 4.5A Power Supply. The end connector is an 11mm long x
5mm thick hollow (female) type. Center is +.

Mackie wants $95, plus another $15-$20 to ship it.

It's made by APX, and their part # is SP36907.

Any advice?

Look in the Digi-Key book. *They have a number of different line lump
manufacturers there.
"C'est un Nagra. *C'est suisse, et tres, tres precis."

Thanks Scott...

I'll take a look.
It's the 7.5V that's a tough one.

Mackie is driving me nuts. I call them and they say they have in
stock.
Then I call again and it not actually in stock but "will be soon".
I call APX and the say that Mackie literally placed their order today
and it'll take 6 week for APX to get them from Taiwan, and couple more
to put the Mackie sticker on them and get them to Mackie.

Over to digikey.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

e.maynard wrote:

[...]

Well Digikey was a bust. However, Jameco has one:
http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/sto...gDrillDownView

Any reason that one shouldn't work?

The original is a 36 watt output, and this one is 30 watt output.
otherwise they appear the same. Should this be a good move?

Thanks!
Erik