Posted to rec.audio.pro
Agua Agua is offline

Default XP-64 and CD/Mastering software

I've been looking at WaveLabs 6 Studio and CD Architect 5, but I can't
find any info on their compatibility with XP-64. I talked to a
Steinberg rep, who basically said that I could try to use it, but that
they wouldn't help with any support (and he wasn't nice about it
either). Does anyone know if the plug-ins will function correctly?
Sony was closed today for a company holiday, so I wasn't able to speak
to them.

If anyone has had any luck with xp64 and any software programs, I
would love to hear about it.

Thank you all,
Shaun
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Bill Ruys Bill Ruys is offline

I was running an XP64 DAW for a while and basically found that everything
ran just fine. I was able to run both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of
Sonar with no problems at all along with with the 32 version of Audition.
If WaveLab or CD Architect are offered as native 64-bit executables, bear in
mind that 32-bit VST and DX effects wont work (Sonar gets around this with
"bit-bridge" for 32-bit VSTs in a 64-bit host). But 32-bit apps are fine,
as they run in a 32-bit virtual machine that is 100% emulated in hardware on
all AMD and Intel chips (other than Itaniums).

In my experience, it's actually often easier getting legacy apps running in
XP64 than Vista64, as the former doesn't have UAC to muddy the waters. But
because XP64 is effectively end of life, none of the developers test on that
platform, hence the "no support" statement. That said, XP64 uses the same
code-base as Windows Server 2003, which is still a supported MS product.

Bill.

"Agua" wrote in message
I've been looking at WaveLabs 6 Studio and CD Architect 5, but I can't
find any info on their compatibility with XP-64. I talked to a
Steinberg rep, who basically said that I could try to use it, but that
they wouldn't help with any support (and he wasn't nice about it
either). Does anyone know if the plug-ins will function correctly?
Sony was closed today for a company holiday, so I wasn't able to speak
to them.

If anyone has had any luck with xp64 and any software programs, I
would love to hear about it.

Thank you all,
Shaun

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Geoff Geoff is offline

Agua wrote:
I've been looking at WaveLabs 6 Studio and CD Architect 5, but I can't
find any info on their compatibility with XP-64. I talked to a
Steinberg rep, who basically said that I could try to use it, but that
they wouldn't help with any support (and he wasn't nice about it
either). Does anyone know if the plug-ins will function correctly?
Sony was closed today for a company holiday, so I wasn't able to speak
to them.

If anyone has had any luck with xp64 and any software programs, I
would love to hear about it.

CDA 5.2 should run fine in XP64 in 32-bit mode. Check the forum at
http://tinyurl.com/3mj2wn

geoff