East Coast

Default Wireless amp for headphones?

I have a pair of corded headphones I like a lot. I would like to be
able to use them uncorded. Can I do this without getting wireless
headphones? Is there some sort of wireless amp I can plug these
headphones into with the transmitter connected to the entertainment
system? Thanks!
Uptown Audio

Not really directly, but there is an alternative that may suit you.
You can buy the headphone amp of your choice and install it at the
remote location. Then you can either run a cable to that amp from the
A/Vcenter or you can get a 900mhz transmitter/receiver system to
deliver the signal to the amp. The wired solution is more trouble-free
and the wires can be installed neatlt out of sight. It is also less
expensive and should deliver better sound. These solutions will not
work if you want to be able to wander from room to room however as you
are just relocating the plug for the corded phones. You will perhaps
benefit from a better headphone amp. To be truely wireless, the
receiver has to be built into the phones and they have to have battery
power.
-Bill
www.uptownaudio.com
Roanoke VA
(540) 343-1250

"East Coast" wrote in message
I have a pair of corded headphones I like a lot. I would like to be
able to use them uncorded. Can I do this without getting wireless
headphones? Is there some sort of wireless amp I can plug these
headphones into with the transmitter connected to the entertainment
system? Thanks!

Doug Schultz

"Uptown Audio" wrote in message
[...]

Radio shack sells a thing called a video sender.
it sends audio and video to a remote location by radio transmitter.
putting a good headphone amp at the remote loc. would be required to drive
the headphones.
the other method would be to use the FM transmitters.and get a portable FM
radio.
the fidelity of the transmitter would compromise the quality of the sound.

Doug